It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Triangle Fire of 1911, staged?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
law2.umkc.edu...

I just saw a pbs program about it...

It was the deadliest workplace accident in New York City's history. On March 25th, 1911 a deadly fire broke out in the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory in New York's Greenwich Village. The blaze ripped through the congested loft as petrified workers -- mostly young immigrant women -- desperately tried to make their way downstairs. By the time the fire burned itself out, 146 people were dead. All but 17 of the dead were women and nearly half were teenagers.

It was the deadliest workplace accident in New York City’s history. A dropped match on the 8th floor of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory sparked a fire that killed over a hundred innocent people trapped inside. The private industry of the American factory would never be the same.

A year before the fire, the victims had been a huge thorn in the side of the people running the industries/government.
There were riots, the women/factory workers specifically said they wanted it to be known as an uprising, not just protests. They made a huge scene and challenged "the powers that be" righteously.
The police were beating women, using weapons, and they were hiring tough guys in plain clothes to do the same.
And the whole point of it still being talked about and being taught about in schools is to point out how it ended up being a huge boon to america as a society.

"The private industry of the American factory would never be the same." is the underlying theme of the whole pbs special, and the program's the only thing I can remember seeing about the tragedy since highschool, but a lot of stuff I was taught in highschool turned out to be globalist praising, brainwashing bullshirt.

How many times did we hear our lives would be different after 9/11? It can be argued pretty effectively that it hasn't been a good change for many of us, but you know for a fact it's being taught in schools across the continent right now that what's happening is a change for the better, stemming from one tragic event (involving masses of people witnessing huge fires burn up a lot of people and a lot of people jumping to their deaths) and, oh, the same major corporations that really should be held accountable are actually going to be the ones dictating how that change takes place and who profits from it...

The doors of the place were locked.
The women were all local celebrities (good or bad) for fighting the owners over hazardous conditions.
The people responsible for the hazardous conditions in the first place weren't penalized after the horrible death of a lot of people and actually benefited from their insurance policies.
And the government got their claws into americans' business.

Sure there are a lot of great changes between now and then, but there are also a lot of bad ones.
I can't 100% buy that we're being told exactly what the women were fighting for a hundred years ago, and I can't 100% doubt that they were murdered.
Maybe they were, and maybe the people that did it used it to push through what would have previously been very unpopular legislation/regulations.

PNAC got their 'pearl harbor event' with 9/11 and we've allowed "our governments" to do all kinds of crazy things we wouldn't stand for even in the 1990s in the name of security since then. Isn't the 'security/defense sector' the fastest growing chunk of our economy right now, and isn't it run by a bunch of dicks who belong in prison?

How do we know they weren't so deceitful back then?

This is the only picture I can find of the sign that was on the building. Not a good picture, there were more images of it in the pbs show but I figured it might raise some eyebrows...

And it happened 100 years ago this year in new york city.

Rhetorical question; Did symbolism and numerology exist a hundred years ago? People talk about that stuff surrounding 9/11 all the time, and that was ten years ago this year. There's always something about 11 being a significant number to 'them' and 100 and 10 seem 'complimentary' or something, and they're coinciding in 2011...

I normally don't pay any attention to this stuff but my mind is wandering tonight. As ridiculous as it sounds,I'll add a disclaimer;
This is not something I believe. I have zero evidence. I'm just typing out the conspiratorial thoughts that came to me while I was watching the program...

new topics

join