It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can the President change the constitution he swore to up hold.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The president is treading on dangerous ground.

I suspect the conservatives and republicans are going to take him down on this one.

Impeach and reacll this guy now.

How can you swear under oath that you are going to uphold something like the constitution.

And then change it on the fly and the media doesn't even report it.

If President Bush did this it would have been front page news on the Boston Glob and other toilet papaers out there.

What is next people.

This is the start of something very frieghtening. When the president just changes our foundation of our way of life and wlaks away with out any media addressing this.

WOW e WOW WOW.

This is a show of what is to come.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Ten bucks says this thread is squashed or altered in a way to make it not as big as it should be.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
While I agree that no president should be allowed to just alter the constitution on a whim, I don't see where this is coming from. Is there a source or news article about what he has or is planning to do? I am a bit confused here.

edit on 2/28/2011 by SpaDe_ because: to edit

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Out of curiosity, I didn't see an actual report, was there a video, or an article that I missed? Any insight would be helpful.

On anther note, If you reflect back on our history, you would notice that the POTUS's for the past 30 years or so, have been dwindling down our rights. The ongoing molestation is getting old, and I think something within the citizenry is brewing. Its only a matter of time, before it implodes.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

it is already a done deal. let me post the news source ...sorry about that....

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Obama Violated the Constitution in Defense of Marriage Act Decision
Another President Would Be Impeached for Something Similar
Mark Whittington, Yahoo! Contributor Network
Feb 26, 2011

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
News source Time

Obama Changes Course on Defense of Marriage Act
By MICHAEL A. LINDENBERGER Thursday, Feb. 24, 2011

From left: Image Source / Getty Images; Alex Wong / Getty Images
PrintEmailReprintsFacebookTwitterMORE
Add to my:del.icio.usTechnoratiredditGoogle BookmarksMixxStumbleUponBlog this on:TypePadLiveJournalBloggerMySpace..

If Democrats still reeling from the Republican surge that remade Congress needed a reminder that President Obama hadn't abandoned his progressive agenda for the mushy center, he gave them a powerful one on Wednesday. In the face of one of the strongest conservative tides in modern American politics, Obama's announcement that he had reversed course on gay marriage rocked both sides of that contentious issue, with advocates and opponents alike expressing nothing short of shock at the news. "I think it is almost unprecedented," the Rev. Al Mohler, president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kentucky, told TIME on Wednesday night, marveling at how fast the political and legal landscape associated with gay rights has changed since Obama was elected. "We are looking at a moral world turned upside."

And a legal one as well. In announcing Obama's policy shift, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said on Wednesday that the President now believes that the U.S. Constitution prohibits discrimination against gays and lesbians and that it requires any laws that do so — including the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act — to withstand a higher level of constitutional scrutiny. DOMA, he concluded, utterly fails to meet that standard and cannot be defended by the U.S. government.

Read more: www.time.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Here is the article:
www.associatedcontent.com...

nevermind.
edit on 28-2-2011 by DevilJin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Yeah this is not so much that Obama has altered the constitution here. He has done the usual trick of calling the "interpretation" of the constitution into play. This has been done to death in the past, and the one that gets beaten to death is usually the 2nd amendment. Gotta love the legaleze so to speak and their "interpretations".

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

U.S. Constitution prohibits discrimination against gays and lesbians and that it requires any laws that do so

I would really like to see where in the Constitution it says that? i have read the Articles, ( all of them ) I have never seen any mention of the marriage clause, whether for or against gay marriages.

If they are going to use the Constitutionality of it, why not prove it with written documentation.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Because they cannot prove it. Just like his birth certificate. If he had it he would have produced it. he did not because he knows he was born in Kenya.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It is common knowledge to muslims, that in the Quran, it is written, that you are allowed to lie under an oath, or to make false promises to the kafir (unbelievers). According to the quran, Barrack Hussein Obama has NOT committed any offenses.
It is obvious that he continues to violate the laws of our land (just look at the voluminous threads here referencing his transgressions). This is why he must be impeached.
Am I the only one to SnF

edit on 28-2-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Changing what you swore to uphold is indeed a paradox. Conspiring to castrate the constitution is probably criminal (treasonous) altho they are trying to eliminate certain rights legally. More likely slowly via gradualism.....like chinese water torture.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
It is common knowledge to muslims, that in the Quran, it is written, that you are allowed to lie under an oath, or to make false promises to the kafir (unbelievers). According to the quran, Barrack Hussein Obama has NOT committed any offenses.
It is obvious that he continues to violate the laws of our land (just look at the voluminous threads here referencing his transgressions). This is why he must be impeached.
Am I the only one to SnF

edit on 28-2-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

This site is rigged and I can prove it.

Start a thread about how pissed you are about muslims it gets deleted.
Right about banning guns and you get a billion flags.
Wirte about facts about the president how he is against the constitution of the united states of america and get on flag.

Look at some of the popular and top topics.

Are you kidding me this is what is popular.

Censorship at its best.

Wants some proof.

Created 2 threads. One anti Barak and the other anti bush.

Watch how the anit bush ones takes off and is burried with comments and responses.
Now the one you created on Mr Hussien gets one or 2 post no responses and doens't even go to 2 pages.

Are you trying to tell me he is the messia and everyone thinks this.
I beg to differ.

Rig just like the elections all of them.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

It is in Amendment 14, the first clause of that amendment:

1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Emphasis added.

If a state has in place a legal structure that provides rights to citizens, such as the legal marriage structure in all states, then the state must provide equal protection under that law to all citizens. So if a state has a law providing legal protections under marriage, the state must, by the 14th Amendment, provide those protections to all citizens unless there is an overriding reason to not.

All states have laws pertaining to marriage of consenting adults. It is contrary to the 14th Amendment to deny the protection of those laws to consenting adults for no reason other than a religious belief, which is the basis of the opposition to recognizing the rights of gay people to marry.

Obama is actually acting to support, defend and implement the Constitution by this action.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I gave you all flags for taking the time to read and hear me out.

Its a sad day in history if you ask me.

I cannot believe this is not even spoken about over the news.

Dont get me wrong I'm for the gay thing and all I did go to my sister inlaws wicken wedding and all so I'm not against homosexuals.

I am against changing the constitution to say that a marriage is not beteen a man and a woman.

WTF.

I give up what is next.

No right to bear arms becasue it is offensive to criminals.

I give up.

I love my country.

I love the priciples which it stood for.

As millions of you do and did.

Remember people.

This reminds me of 911

I was like one year later and people were already over it.

I will never forget the faces of the people who jumped to avoid burning to death in the towers.

To all of you who chose to forget well the hell with you.

This we will defend.
I will never forget.
The next time you forget what it is about to be an american.
Go look in a mirror look at your face look at your cloths look at your hair look at your teeth look at your heart.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The Constitution doesn't say marriage is between a man and a woman, that is religion. While religion has the right to discriminate, the government does not, since no religious favoritism exists, supposedly, anyone can be married in the eyes of the state. Equal opportunity and treatment is the guideline for government. I can't believe people can be so uninformed about issues and spout off at the mouth about them. Maybe reading the Constitution would be beneficial to the OP.
edit on 28-2-2011 by MGriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

You might want to look your content of the and add more information in your OP. Just a suggestion for you if you really want your thread to get more attention.

Either way as another member stated the constitution says nothing about marriage. It's not governmental jurisdiction, it's the churches decision. Let them do as they may. Religious Dogma will determine whether or not gays will be acceptable in heaven anyways xP.

Edit: I really mean you no offense, but your initial posting didn't really state what you wanted to express. I hope I didn't offend you.
edit on 28-2-2011 by captainbitter because: Added comment.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Mr Hussien is doing nothing wrong according to his religion. Nice earlier post. However, in light of his power,

Never give up, that is what your oppressors want. Never change you views for anyone but your own conscious. As long as we have our freedom we must continue to endure what is occurring within the world stage.

We as a country are weaker now than at any point in our existence. We question each other and our methods yet the majority still drives thru Starbucks, watches MMA and thinks they are safe.

What pisses me off is not the changing of the constitution but that there is no much that is put towards this issue as a whole. How about we worry about the kids and not the adults. Let them marry legally and you have a NEW revenue stream...

But seriously, the next step is a constitutional amendment that would never pass. that ought to wake up the Roe v Wade partiers....

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

So wait, your complaint is that Obama wants to protect the rights of gays under the Constitution? You want him impeached for trying to prevent discrimination? That's just stupid. Obama wants the interpretation of the Constitution to change, something that happens on a regular basis in our history.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join