It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why hasn't the US made a formal apology to the Native Americans?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone's aware of this,but things such as greed,barbarism,etc. are not "White" traits;they're human traits.Go ahead and take a quick look at (unbiased) history.

That said,I really don't think an apology is in order.What's next,an apology to all Europeons for the Hunnic invasions?I don't really see THAT happening anytime soon......:/

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hollyavila
reply to post by superman2012

Your question is "why haven't they..." and the answer is obvious. Manifest Destiny. They actually believed that the US was symbolic Israel, that white people were symbolically the chosen people, and in the name of God, they annihilated everyone in their way. For that reason alone, I welcome God's coming judgement against this illuminati/masonic experiment called the USA. Add all of the other sins, (have you ever heard of the School of the Americas?) and you may understand why this nation is on its way down. The worst part of all is that it was done in God's name. I don't think He's happy about that. I say, bring it down, Lord. Let all of those yuppies who sat silent as we bombed the living daylights out of innocent women and children have a taste of the fruits of their silence!!!!!!!

lol My husband is a Native, and a Freemason, study up on what Masons believe in, and maybe you would learn something

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalterRatlos

Originally posted by superman2012
I wish people would read all the comments on this thread....oh well.

Sorry, but that is just in the nature of the beast. Fast moving threads with many replies, nope, I won't wade through tons of pages, just in case I missed something.

Originally posted by superman2012
The subject matter has been apologized for, by the US and Canada...we have been talking about whether that is enough for the last...24 pages.

Canada Apology

Catholic Church Apology
so tell me, does this sound like an apology to you?

The Apology Resolution does not include the lengthy Preamble that was part of S.J Res. 14 introduced earlier this year by Senator Brownback. The Preamble recites the history of U.S. – tribal relations including the assistance provided to the settlers by Native Americans, the killing of Indian women and children, the Trail of Tears, the Long Walk, the Sand Creek Massacre, and Wounded Knee, the theft of tribal lands and resources, the breaking of treaties, and the removal of Indian children to boarding schools.

U.S. Apology

Ok, cool, I didn't know that. For me, yes, it is enough of an apology. Case closed.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

The right wing in America doesn't want us to apologize for anything, it's a sign of weakness they say. I think it's a sign of weakness not to when your wrong.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by totalmetal

Originally posted by TheForgottenOnes
I'll keep this short and sweet (it's my first thread made)
au.answers.yahoo.com... this is the best quote i could find to answer this...sorry its a yahoo answer

It wasn't till after WW1 when we were "considered" citizens. It wasn't till after WW2 when we had voting rights, in the 1960's and 70's they sterilized 25% of ALL native american women between the ages of 15 to 40. And before the 1970's it was illegal to practice our ceremonies, and speak our languages.

So no, we've never got an apology (obviously we deserve it), and we don't ask for reparations. What I know many want is just for the Americans to one day say "yep, we commit ed a genocide, we ****** up, we're sorry" but I doubt it will ever come.

Coarse American sttitude towards us still hasn't changed much. As you can see, some obviously think that their ways are better, and that we should just drop everything and "assimilate". Well, no; I'm sorry but I like where I am, and if you don't like that then **** off. Simply put. Besides, I've already lived in other parts of the country, so I've seen enough.

I have heard of apologies in the works but have yet to hear something definate

Hell it sucks that your ancestors went through all that. But I didn't do it. Even though it may seem we live in modern times, this genocidal campaign has been done many times throughout history and will most likely happen again. Survival of the fittest and such. Anyways, I doubt the apology will never come, what would they (and by they I mean government) have to be sorry for? The actions of their grandparents or grandparents grandparents? I will never apologize for something I didn't cause myself.

once again, I ask, why hasn't the US apologized, not why hasn't Joe Blow apologized, I talk about the government
that hasn't changed, it's still the same government from 200 years ago

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheForgottenOnes

Apologies! are you kidding! This is the most powerful nation on earth and it was created on pilage'n plunder more then anywhere on earth! there is no other genocide in the history on earth like this! with exeption to the jewish people of europe during world war 2 due mostly to how fast it was done and how it was done, not to dminsh the horror of that and it's lingering affect but in my opinion it still doesnt totally compare to not only almost the complete desamation of a race but the fact that outside certain area's of the contnant they have almost been erased from earth and no one realy cares and it kills me inside. I live in Ontario and were having a bunch of land claim situations goin on and evertime there is a report on the news every non-native alway's say's the same # " oh it was over a hundered years ago, let's move on! that wasn't us" well something tells me if the tables were changed it'd b a diferrent storry? I'm sure of it! Oh and my heritage is scott-english so I'm pretty objective! lol

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDurdan
reply to post by TheForgottenOnes

Apologies! are you kidding! This is the most powerful nation on earth and it was created on pilage'n plunder more then anywhere on earth! there is no other genocide in the history on earth like this! with exeption to the jewish people of europe during world war 2 due mostly to how fast it was done and how it was done, not to dminsh the horror of that and it's lingering affect but in my opinion it still doesnt totally compare to not only almost the complete desamation of a race but the fact that outside certain area's of the contnant they have almost been erased from earth and no one realy cares and it kills me inside. I live in Ontario and were having a bunch of land claim situations goin on and evertime there is a report on the news every non-native alway's say's the same # " oh it was over a hundered years ago, let's move on! that wasn't us" well something tells me if the tables were changed it'd b a diferrent storry? I'm sure of it! Oh and my heritage is scott-english so I'm pretty objective! lol
wow, nice, I couldn't have said it better

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
They have apoligized. Really, do some research before posting stuff like this.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
You cant really even call a person who lives in america an american, calling someone a chinese american, native american, even saying such is something someone should never do, any person that calls themselves american (speaking of the ones who stole everything in past generations) never were in america in the first place, in other words indians should be able to call this land whatever they like too, yes that includes insulting as many so-called americans as they want, including african or whatever race of people, im known as an american from a government view and birth but i dont veiw myself in political disgust, i view myself by religious name, velaha, i wont go into the details since thats off topic though, personally i believe people should be viewed by action and religion only when their religion was not cut down and persecuted, more action, is it also funny that this so called america took many indian ideas and also made it their own saying they didnt, just to keep in mind when so called americans and british were executing people that werent witches the pastors of churches were using witchcraft themselves

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Probably for the same reason they (the USG) haven't apologised to Japan for nuking it's civilians, or Vietnam for killing its civilians, or the Middle east........for killing its civilians.

They maybe are scared it will make them look weak to the international community.

This isn't a dig at the US civilians, it's just my honest opinion about it's government.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kreese
reply to post by superman2012

In Canada, a portion of your taxes do NOT go to helping the Indians. lol, I have no doubts that you believe that but it's BS. The money the Indians get in Canada come from royalties, Canada is rich in resources, as far as I'm concerned, that is where the money that goes to the Indians comes from.

Your tax dollars go into the social system and to paying interest to the big banks, not to the Indians.

Who is the biggest user of the social systems that I pay for?

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26   >>

join