It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New portable DNA screener to debut this summer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

New portable DNA screener to debut this summer

www.nextgov.com

Boston-based NetBio, which developed the rapid DNA analyzer for DHS, described it as a "game-changing technology" platform that "consists of instruments, biochips and analytical software." It eliminates the need for a trained technician and special operating site.

The analyzer was designed for Homeland Security, the military, intelligence and police agencies, the company says on its website.

As with other DNA tests, the process begins with a sample collected on a swab, typically from inside the mouth. The sample is placed in a disposable cartridge, and the analyzer does the rest of
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Aww, look who's got themselves a shiny new toy!

The DHS.

"With just a quick swab in your mouth, we will have you and everyone you know soon enough catalogued in our DNA database, and you'll all be safe from the terrorists!" "Or you'll be BRANDED one!"

Now, no potential misuse or abuse could POSSIBLY come from this new invasive technology, could it? Nah! And let's take 3 guesses where the money to pay for these machines and "contracts" will come from, shall we?

Coming to a town near you this summer folks! Open up and say "AAAAHHH"....

www.nextgov.com
edit on 26-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
well they already have mine
i had to take a
parternity test a while back and i doubt they trashed
the sample after i bet everyone has that on record now

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Im gonna use it on all my former lovers to see if they cheated on me.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I don't buy it, there's no pictures of this thing, and its due out in a year?

I smell bull#.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Hope they print the instructions in comic book form - Otherwise the T(errorist) S(tate) A(gency) thugs wont know how to use it ... Hate to think where they might try to swab for a sample

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Total scam, imho. ...There's always some doubt, some need for subjective interpretation.

Who makes the judgment calls with this "tool"? Watson?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Davian
I don't buy it, there's no pictures of this thing, and its due out in a year?

I smell bull#.

Actually this one isn't bull#. IBM is also developing one of these for doctors offices so they can make "DNA" tailored medicines that are specifically designed for you, which sounds all fine and dandy, but what if they are designing things to make this a more malicious item.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I really really did not want to hear about this.

So the Police State now has its final weapon for controlling the masses.

The government has your baby's DNA

VeriChip Markets Its Implantable RFID Tags and Services Direct to Consumers "Thus far, about 900 hospitals on the East Coast have agreed to participate in the VeriChip system.

Now combine that with Obamacare health care AND the tax code change in 1099's.

Senate Fails to Repeal Burdensome Obamacare Business Requirement

...The provision calls for all businesses to file 1099 forms with the IRS for all transactions with other businesses over $600. This new requirement will force businesses to divert scarce resources to complying with additional bureaucratic red tape that they could better use creating new jobs.

The Wall Street Journal offers a telling example of just how burdensome the 1099 provision will be:

Think about a midsized trucking company. The back office would have to collect hundreds of thousands of receipts from every gas station where its drivers filled up and figure out where it spent more than $600 that year. Then it would also need to match those payments to the stations’ corporate parents....

Oh and the truck divers must collect Name address and Tax number (SS#) for every one of those receipts BEFORE making a purchase....

So WHY am I bring this up?

Because the built in Out in this new tax law will be a BIG push towards a cashless society.

Think about it.

Is Wally Mart going to allow all those small businesses to pay cash, deal with truckloads of paperwork, give out their tax number to the multiply employees of the 23,343,821 firms in the USA or are they going to REQUIRE the use of a credit card? If they REQUIRE businesses to use a credit card won't the next step be to require ALL people to use a credit or debit card?

Won't the step after that be to require RFID chips in those cards and after that a DNA scan to make sure you OWN that card??? - NIGHTMARE CITY just around the corner.

...if a credit card is used, the business pays the credit card company (and issues a 1099 to it) and the credit card company issues a 1099 to the vendor. The card company will also be the party responsible for obtaining the tax ID info....

A check is equivalent to cash, a Money Order is cash, a Cashier Check is cash, an IOU is cash, a charge to an account is cash (called accrued expenses) (or accrued income), and an e-payment is cash, everything is considered cash unless is charged by a credit card or bank to bank transaction.... AccountingWEB.com

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Aww, look who's got themselves a shiny new toy!

The DHS.

"With just a quick swab in your mouth, we will have you and everyone you know soon enough catalogued in our DNA database, and you'll all be safe from the terrorists!" "Or you'll be BRANDED one!"

Now, no potential misuse or abuse could POSSIBLY come from this new invasive technology, could it? Nah! And let's take 3 guesses where the money to pay for these machines and "contracts" will come from, shall we?

Coming to a town near you this summer folks! Open up and say "AAAAHHH"....

www.nextgov.com
edit on 26-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

Consider how effective this is, although old news is for individuals operating outside the border without the red tape.

Food for thought.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I really really did not want to hear about this.

So the Police State now has its final weapon for controlling the masses.

The government has your baby's DNA

VeriChip Markets Its Implantable RFID Tags and Services Direct to Consumers "Thus far, about 900 hospitals on the East Coast have agreed to participate in the VeriChip system.

Now combine that with Obamacare health care AND the tax code change in 1099's.

Senate Fails to Repeal Burdensome Obamacare Business Requirement

...The provision calls for all businesses to file 1099 forms with the IRS for all transactions with other businesses over $600. This new requirement will force businesses to divert scarce resources to complying with additional bureaucratic red tape that they could better use creating new jobs.

The Wall Street Journal offers a telling example of just how burdensome the 1099 provision will be:

Think about a midsized trucking company. The back office would have to collect hundreds of thousands of receipts from every gas station where its drivers filled up and figure out where it spent more than $600 that year. Then it would also need to match those payments to the stations’ corporate parents....

Oh and the truck divers must collect Name address and Tax number (SS#) for every one of those receipts BEFORE making a purchase....

So WHY am I bring this up?

Because the built in Out in this new tax law will be a BIG push towards a cashless society.

Think about it.

Is Wally Mart going to allow all those small businesses to pay cash, deal with truckloads of paperwork, give out their tax number to the multiply employees of the 23,343,821 firms in the USA or are they going to REQUIRE the use of a credit card? If they REQUIRE businesses to use a credit card won't the next step be to require ALL people to use a credit or debit card?

Won't the step after that be to require RFID chips in those cards and after that a DNA scan to make sure you OWN that card??? - NIGHTMARE CITY just around the corner.

...if a credit card is used, the business pays the credit card company (and issues a 1099 to it) and the credit card company issues a 1099 to the vendor. The card company will also be the party responsible for obtaining the tax ID info....

A check is equivalent to cash, a Money Order is cash, a Cashier Check is cash, an IOU is cash, a charge to an account is cash (called accrued expenses) (or accrued income), and an e-payment is cash, everything is considered cash unless is charged by a credit card or bank to bank transaction.... AccountingWEB.com

Your post makes some horrifying sort of sense.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I love how the DHS spokesperson starts off with the "angelic" side of what such tech will be used for...

The analyzer, about the size of a laser printer, initially will be used to determine kinship among refugees and asylum seekers. It also could help establish whether foreigners giving children up for adoption are their parents or other relatives, and help combat child smuggling and human trafficking, said Christopher Miles, biometrics program manager in the DHS Office of Science and Technology.

....then casually slips in the follow up:

Eventually, the analyzer also could be used to positively identify criminals, illegal immigrants, missing persons and mass casualty victims, he said.

Won't be long before these guys will be swabbing and cataloging anyone they deem a "threat", which as they seem to be announcing more and more by the day is virtually EVERYONE.

And WE the tax payer, will be, as usual, FUNDING this stuff through our taxes.

top topics

join