It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunrunning scandal uncovered at the ATF

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Create. Business. Opportunities.

the drug flights are the same, aren't they?

what can we deduce? that the criminal energy of people outside certain guilds is too low for organized crime? or rather that what is reported organized crime is a branch of the state. how much of the world is just a puppet show?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
I actually think there was an ADDITIONAL agenda at play here---To paint the picture that "American gun dealers" are helping to fuel the Mexican drug war violence, so that they can crack down on them and the sale of more types of firearms.

IMHO, it's just business as usual for the Military Industrial Complex and it's evil twin the Security Industrial Complex, which seem to control every freaking aspect of our government and our lives.

War on Terror, War on Drugs, it makes no difference, it will never end because it serves the dual purpose of lining the pockets of the power elite and funding other black projects.

This guy has done some amazing work trying to investigate the nexus of Drugs/ CIA/FBI/Cartels, etc. I guess we can add ATF to that list.

edit on 24/2/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Let's up the ante...

I propose that the reporting process of such an agency be under the direction of the United States Inspector General who is authorized to issue warrant and arrest orders for ANY person (regardless of rank, position, or post) physically within the United States.

The US Marshal Service and ALL United States Coroners shall be his field agents and within their mandate is the immediate detention of any prima facie violation of human rights committed by ANY entity in United States territory.

The primary power shall be focused on all appointed public servants, and will provide 'clearance' background investigative services of ALL political appointees - data about which will become become PUBLIC DOMAIN upon their removal, honorable or otherwise, from each position they hold.

The secondary oversight responsibility will be to ensure - on behalf of the American public - factual accuracy and accountability for the dissemination of public information by ANY tax-payer funded service. The organization will audit and report on FCC, EPA, FDA, USDA, ATF, FBI, DOD, DOJ, DOE, and all other agencies who operate under the guise of public service.

The USIG will perform - every 3 years - a media audit and report of all licensed media services publishing information in the US. Instances of coordinated misinformation and market manipulation - will be prosecuted.

Misleading the public using licensed media services by any government agency will be recategorized as a felony offense and all components and elements of such activity (including the media outlet itself) will fall under racketeering laws and be henceforth prohibited from public media license eligibility.

The tertiary responsibility will be to provide PUBLIC reporting of NATIONAL AUDITING for the IRS, the FED, and any and ALL AGENCIES reporting to - or under the direct control of the administration. They will audit and oversee ALL PRESIDENTIAL EXECUTIVE ORDERS including classification protocols and processes.

This office will maintain a comprehensive record of all Think-Tank, University, and Cartel, and Coalition organization activities... just as the US DHS does for individual citizens.

No current or former member of ANY organized political party will be allowed to serve in such a capacity. No person who serves or served in a religious leadership capacity will be eligible.

This position will be established using funds and subsides formerly granted to political organizations for the purpose of political campaigning.

The US Attorney General will not have the authority to decide NOT to prosecute any case brought by the USIG.

How's that for a big 'ol governmental purple nurple.....

edit on 24-2-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I do believe you are on to something.
Now just to get a congress to pass
the legislation will be impossible.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
*redacted*

Seriously though, I posted in the wrong thread. Sorry guys.
edit on 24/2/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Were it in my power, the ATF is the first government duplication agency I'd get rid of.

The states have their own ATF agencies, and this federal level agency is full of cowboys who couldn't stand up to the scrutiny and admission requirements of the CIA.

I recall the disaster at Waco as being an ATF blow-up. Went in blasting, dressed in black military-style weapons and gear, and got their asses shot up. Then had to go crying to the FBI.

It was another ATF crap pile that caused the incident at Ruby Ridge.

These guys are completely out of control, unconstitutional, unnecessary, and as we can see from this thread - enforcing laws isn't enough - they have to create crime to justify their existence.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Another story appearing regarding this case today:

ATF Let Hundreds of U.S. Weapons Fall into Hands of Suspected Mexican Gunrunners

The decision — part of a Phoenix-based operation code named “Fast and Furious” — was met by strong objections from some front-line agents who feared they were allowing weapons like AK-47s to “walk” into the hands of drug lords and gun runners, internal agency memos show. Indeed, scores of the weapons came back quickly traced to criminal activity.

One of those front-line agents who objected, John Dodson, 39, told the Center for Public Integrity that these guns “are going to be turning up in crimes on both sides of the border for decades.” Dodson said in an interview that “with the number of guns we let walk, we’ll never know how many people were killed, raped, robbed … there is nothing we can do to round up those guns. They are gone.”

Full Story:

www.publicintegrity.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

You know, tired as I am, stuff like this really makes me so angry..... Thanks for keeping the info inbound

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Americans refuse to belive this story. They cannot imagine that thier tax dollars fund crime organizations. We should be thankful that some of our police are not corrupt. In Mexico the drug gangs ARE the police. We send money to guys and tell them to fight themselves. This is so silly. Nobody could validate such silliness.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Crap like this puts the US smack dab in the middle of it all, makes you wonder what the ATF's and all the other govt. agencies ulterior motives are.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Heh-heh, and here comes the "sweeping under the carpet" atypical protocol which is all too common with these types of organizations following exposure of their policies resulting in deaths and criminality:

ATF memo after CBS report: We need positive press

Now, we learn that after our Feb. 22 report, ATF's Chief Public Affairs officer sent an all-call internal memo to ATF Public Information Officers in an effort to "lessen the coverage of such stories in the news cycle by replacing them with good stories about ATF."

The memo asks ATF PIO's to "Please make every effort in the next two weeks to maximize coverage of ATF operations/enforcement actions/arrests at the local and regional level" in hopes it would drown out the "negative coverage by CBS News."

At the time, the memo noted "Fortunately, the CBS story has not sparked any follow up coverage by mainstream media and seems to have fizzled."

Full Story:

www.cbsnews.com...

And it will likley not be long before this will be forgotten news, as so often is the case with these types of events.

As we can see even here on ATS, there has been very little interest in this subject, even though it is a HUGE conspiracy and story. Sigh...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
fizzled, hmm interesting choice of words, does that mean that we'll see a rehash of 9/11 as a diversion when some juicy material surfaces and the story >explodes< instead?

while perusing same sad analogy, one has to wonder why the critical mass for such CT related news is so high... salient information is likely being absorbed by the vast amount of BS in circulation.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I got a better idea. Lets do away with all the agencies all together. Then we dont need another government agency to monitor all the other government agencies to make sure they do a job. Revoke all the unconstitutional laws that give these agencies their reason to exist and get back to logical reasoned small government like we started out with.

I have been following this story on other boards and what you have to ask yourself is this.
How would the program work if the ATF designed it to let guns "walk"?
If they intentionally let the guns cross the border then what was the plan?
How would they "trace" the guns once they got across the border?
The only logical answer to that is they would not be able to do that unless the guns turned up in raids or at a murder scene.
So they intentionally wanted these guns to be involved in crime. There is no other means of tracing the guns they have no GPS tracking device.
So why would they do that? Again the only logical answer is that they wanted to provoke the myth that US guns are the cause of Mexican violence.
Now why would they do that???????

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragoon01

I agree, dismantling the corrupt agencies is way more logical then making an overseeing agency, which we all know would be filled by the same corrupt people in the other letter agencies. If I wanted to be a bigtime drug kingpin, I know I would try to join the DEA. Gunrunner, definately try to get into the ATF.
edit on Mon, 07 Mar 2011 15:56:42 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sine.nomine
Americans have become so desensitized to govt corruption. Its a sad time. How do we the people hold these criminals responsible? This whole thing will be forgotten in no time. People need to start organizing to figure out a plan of action against the rampant corruption in our govt. Something has got to give sooner or later... If we don't start doing something right away its only going to get worse at an exponential rate.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

The only way I can even possibly see this happening. Take the power away from them first. Eveveryone in the military just walk off base and don't come back. The next time they want a war. Strap a rifle om their back and make them go fight it. I hate em all. Every last one of them needs to go. It's people willing to be militarised that gives all the a-holes power. Thats why I say nothing will change until man has learned not to choose evil. They've sacked our country and we had no choice but to stand around and watch.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Exactly, people still don't seem to fully realize, that these power people, only have power because we submit to it. If everyone that smoked pot for example, stopped hiding it, and just started doing it openly, there wouldn't be a thing they could do about it really. They gonna arrest all them people, and put them where? But it would only work en masse of course, which I don't see happening anytime soon.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join