It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live now: German, Chinese and American vessels in Libyan waters.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ni91ck

Video of the helicopter of the dutch soldiers and the dutch soldiers keep hostage by troops of Gedaffi

nos.nl...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I don't think it was mentioned but I'd just like to add that Canada sent the NCSM Charlottetown Frigate yesterday morning for Libya for "Humanitarian Misson". Commander said that although they were sent for a humanitarian mission that the crew is ready to deal with all situations. The Frigate left with a Sea King chopper.

They will be joining the international vessels in the mediterranean sea for "training".

They left the Halifax port yesterday morning.

French link www.capacadie.com...
edit on 3-3-2011 by Psychomantis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i think no one really knows what is going on. Don't see much information coming out. it seems there is no journalist in Lybia. The other day in BBC news was asked the question, why were they using images posted on you tube in bbc news, obviously the question of the credibility was asked, it seems somebody studied the pictures and they said would use what they thought could be close to the truth oops?? also was said that bbc does not have any journalist at all in Lybia they had two but they were in danger so were taken out. this was a few days ago. today i saw a small piece of news with a journalist in it, but again you cannot see the whole story. it seems you can get more news (video) from other smaller channels but not enough information again to understand, actually it seems all very confusing.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Chinese Frigate in the Mediterranean. Type 054A FFG 530 "Xuzhou"

The following shows the Frigate with its helicopter flying above.

Chinese Air Force IL-76 Candid air transports have also been used in the evacuation.

TJ
edit on 5-3-2011 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by El nuno
i think no one really knows what is going on. Don't see much information coming out. it seems there is no journalist in Lybia. The other day in BBC news was asked the question, why were they using images posted on you tube in bbc news, obviously the question of the credibility was asked, it seems somebody studied the pictures and they said would use what they thought could be close to the truth oops?? also was said that bbc does not have any journalist at all in Lybia they had two but they were in danger so were taken out. this was a few days ago. today i saw a small piece of news with a journalist in it, but again you cannot see the whole story. it seems you can get more news (video) from other smaller channels but not enough information again to understand, actually it seems all very confusing.

Yes BBC reporters active in Libya-we get reports 24/7 though often video links go off.
Just reporting now at 4.07gmt live that very intense gunfire is going on in centre of tripoli.
There are rumours that rebels may have decided to attack.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Latest online BBC report here,but the news of Tripoli exchanges are not there yet.
It seems the anti Gadaffi fighters are working their way now towards Serte which is one step beyond Tripoli.

www.bbc.co.uk...

It does seem that the rebels are closing in for the final battle.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by martin3030

Was reported last week-she has been there for some time;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by martin3030

Thanks Martin for the work and updates I have been very sick and bed ridden the past three days and following your credible updates and links has really 'caught' me up very quickly - there are more Navy ships in port today and a new fairly big one then must have crept in over the past few days - I can't identify it but going to take a pic soon and post it as I'm sure someone here can.
Much appreciated Martin

Peace

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

Hope you get better soon.

There was some lengthly negotiations between the captors and officials onboard HMS Cumberland which was docked in port.
Its understood that the rebels were asking why they were not forewarned and asked for specifics of the mission.
The SAS members are now onboard the ship which has left port.
Reports are saying there were only 6 in contrast to the earlier reports of 8.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The Race for the Oil is ON.
Who ever gets their first is the next superpower!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join