It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live now: German, Chinese and American vessels in Libyan waters.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The comment regarding the comparison between the 89 and current wave of protests prompted me to do a bit of reading. Though I was old enough to remember images of those protests I cannot recall their signficance other than they broke away from the Soveit Union which led to its demise.

There does appear to be significant differences at play here. But there are similarities in so much in that there were poor economic conditions in the EB at the time, and a lack of democracy. But it seemed to be because it was loyal to Russia under the Soviet Union not just the people being suppressed by their respective regimes.

I got to ask was there as much fervent popular revolt back then as there is currently? The Tianenman Square protests in 89 are the exception here, plenty of good coverage available on the net.

Another difference here is of course the issue around Israel and peace in the Middle East, with developments potentially triggering major war there, depending on how things pan out.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The Netherlands are also sending a ship and planes to rescue the Dutch people who are there for their work or on holiday.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

As requested from the other thread.

The Luftwaffe Aircrew will be from the C-160 Transall as shown in the following link from Malta. Royal Air Force C-130 Hercules are also noted.

www.fightercontrol.co.uk...

TJ

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Won't be navy , you will find international goverments funding charter ships to pull out their own citizens to safety, this has happened many times before in similar circumstances .

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

They could not evac so large a number. But fighters and ships could defend them, and f-up the military supporting that nutcase. God I hope this is true.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Perhaps another reason for these ships is to protect the oil fields.
Qaddafi has threatened to destroy them. That would cause major economic problems for Europe would it not?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well with our government being involved I'm sure we will find away to screw it up. evac 1.5 million...I'm on the floor..Lets take a page from FEMA and Katrina here...Lets tell them to all go down to the city stadium and wait..our government will send goon squads in to take all your gold and silver and fire arms and then starve you and if your lucky they won't call in an air strike to roast everyone in the stadium... This has screw up all over it..I hope the U.N. is in charge of this

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
I hope the U.N. is in charge of this

I hope your not serious about that...The UN is one of the if not biggest screw ups in the world.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

We have thousands upon thousands of troops in Europe, just north of Libya. 50,000 in Germany and almost 10,000 in Italy.

Aviano Air Base in Italy has the 31st Fighter Wing.

Spangdahlem Air Base in Germany has the 52nd Fighter Wing.

Ramstein Air Base in Germany has multiple wings that can provide airlift for US Army units stationed in Germany.

Then there is NATO Europe, which could contribute a massive amount of air power, naval power and ground forces.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Good, they need to get as many people out as possible. A martyr runs that country and Im sure he'd be happy to bomb a million people just to end his own life. Im hoping the best for Lybia and applaud the citizens for taking back whats theres and fighting for whats right!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Why I was never elected supreme military leader is beyond me...
Obviously when your dealing with restrictions as a result of borders and land you just use the PLANES you have spent bajillions on!
I guarantee Lybia doesn't have as many planes with as many fancy guns. Give the government 1 day to stop harming its citizens or take your planes and bomb a Lybian gov building. Repeat until governments stops harming people.

If we use six f-16 or whatever, isnt that only a handful of people involved, including Lybian airmen? This way we dont waste a buttload of money on tens thousand of foot and land vehicle troops. That type of warfare is obsolete nowadays.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Some of these ships could be military contractor owned.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Let us not forget Indian and French!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
There is probably another thing going on behind the Scenes. The World knows how deranged Gaddafi and his Goons are and that he has WMD´s. Telling Gaddafi "to stop or we invade" isn´t really a good Idea with this Lunatic. If he knows he is screwed before they have everyone out,he will lash out and attack everyone with everything.

Bombing his Ass isn´t an Option,too many Civilians...And yes,preparing for a War needs alot of Time,but not if alot of Nations work together,and that is what is needed here.

I just hope what i wrote is the case,because i think killing this Psycho is the only Option left at this Point.
I

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy
The Netherlands are also sending a ship and planes to rescue the Dutch people who are there for their work or on holiday.

Hahaha!

"Hey sweet lover of mine, lets go to Libya to celebrate our love!"

...This doesn't sound as fulfilling as say going to Argentina or Malaysia.

A semi-serious thought:

What if all of these nations are sending their warships and planes not only to rescue the citizens, but also in the event that the Iran-Israel Suez Canal dispute begins to escalate? You know the deal, kill two birds with one stone + prevention is the best cure + a stitch in time saves nine?

I'm not sure what that will equate to though. Probably war. Think about it, this is a perfect scenario for a false flag.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
Germany, America and China? Acting unilaterally or collaboratively? Quite an interesting alliance, if they are working together? Wow! This Cosmic wave of unity is even effecting the matrix itself! Yes! Of COURSE IT WOULD!!

haha love posts like this. This is why I come to ATS.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

permanent members of the UN are a toothless tiger look what happened in africa with the hutu and the tutzy sorry if my spelling is out but the point is they watched people being dismembered and did what ?????UNITED ??

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
All this horror going on over there makes me happy to be on another, newer continent, one less plagued with thousands of years of turmoil and past evils. I hope these people find their freedom. What's going on in certain places is unreal. Gunning down unarmed protesters?!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alexs

That's because there was no possible economic benefit of interfering there, nor was there an real direct economical loss if they let it continute. In fact, that little conflict probably aided in opening up land for development, so it was better that they killed each other off (not according to me). So actually, it would have been uneconomical to have helped! Spend money to save useless people to the economy? Spend money to protect useful land from being used? I dont think so! That's why governments leave it to privately funded"Humanitarian" organizations or any other kinds of NGO's and NPO's to deal with these sorts of situations. In other words, they leave it to the people who can't do a damn thing except talk and woe about it.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The reserves will open this time! Those who think oil prices will continue to rise are mistaken. Don’t bet on oil futures folks!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join