It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thief: The Revolution That took America by Storm. (WRAP)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Jamie stood before 50 million people. Tears were in his eyes. They were here! They were really here! All the work and the plans to get the revolution started. It paid off. Dag came over whispering in his ear" I am rigging up a sound system for you but it will be hard to hear you over all the noise."
Jamie looked and as far as he could see stood men,women and children of all ages and sizes. He could only imagine that the 50 million people must be covering several miles of Washinton D.C. He knew that in front of him was not 50 million but there was at least thousands of people for as far as he could see. There were cameras, news teams and even helicopters. It took hours for them all to be tallied but when they counted there was 50 million people in Washington D.C.
A reporter came up to him. She looked at him smiling. "Do you mind if we have a brief interveiw with you?" She brushed back a wisp of blonde hair.
"No not all" Jamie shouted over the noise of the people below.
" How do you feel that 50 million people showed up at the White House just as you asked." She looked up at him.
" I feel great!" Jamie smiled once again tears coming to his eyes.
Suddenly a roar came from the crowd. Dag was walking towards Jamie with a microphone. Dag used to be a roadie so he knew how to hook up any type of sound system whether it be temproary or permant. "Excuse me darling." He said to the reporter who blushed stepping off to the side with her camera crew. Dag handed Jamie the mic. "Are you ready to rock." He laughed hitting Jamie playfully on the back.
Jamie took the mic in his hand it was a little cold but he did not mind. He cleared his throat. " Most of you know me by the you tube channel; American Revolution part 2; well I am Jamie." With that the crowd went wild, many had american flags and they were waving them.
Jamie brushed off a tear and smiled." We challenged 50 million americans to come to Washington D.C. and 50 million americans showed up. We have lost everything from our jobs to our homes. In 2008 the housing bubble burst which entered us into another Great Depression. In 2009 the president declared the recession was over only to have unemployment rise, it doubled by 2012 and tripled by 2013. In 2013 a new law was passed to bulldoze all foreclosed homes effectively killing the American Dream. Well I am here to take the American Dream back! Who is with me?"
People cheered throwing confetti and waving american flags.
Jamie continued"We have been here for 5 hours now and not one government representative or spokesperson has shown their face. NOT ONE! Security came out within the first hour only to be overwhelmed with the amount of people. I say this shows cowardice!"
Suddenly Dag come up to Jamie and handed him a note. Jamie looked at it; it was signed by the President himself. "I have just recieved a note from the president;" Jamie read it slowly" It is over; you have won. We are leaving. We can not save you.." The people below went wild and cheered.
They chanted "Power to the people." over and over again.
Jamie rushed into the White House and no security stopped him. In fact it was quiet and empty. As he rushed he felt the rush of hunderds behind him rushing into to take over the White House. Jamie smiled happily not a single person died and no one has been hurt. The government left without a fight the war is finally over and the battles have been won. "This gives new meaning to the American Dream." thought Jamie.
Jamie was once a theif or so he thought. Dag looked over at Jamie" We were never really theifs; the theifs have already left." He pointed to a helicopter from a window quickly ascending into the sky.
The End
edit on 21-2-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Excellent story! I love the theme and how you convey so much within the limited amount of wirting.

S+F!!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Thank you for reading. I really love to write. I just enjoy sharing my words with others.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Nice story but i'm afraid it is more of a dream.
Wouldn't that be nice to organize such an event for next year if unemployement is still up?
If people are not working what else are they gonna do?
We could organize rides there and caravan enroute, maybe donations to set up kitchens Etc.
Once again just a dream, but it would sure be nice.
I'd love to see D.C.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I know thats why this is fiction. LOL. It is more dramatic to have 50 million people as opposed to say 50,000.

new topics

top topics

join