It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebellion spreading here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The very first thing to remember before reading this is that Capitalism is based on perpetual growth. The methods of capitalism conjoined with government is that there has to be more people entering the market place (hence overpopulation and depletion of resources) to support those leaving the system. Those leaving were not supposed to live a long time after leaving the system and draining monies. Its a big pyramid scheme.
Recently we all have been going through the fiscal collapse brought on by Wall Street and the Bank system, with the help of the FED and SEC. Our futures were looted as the taxpayers are expected to pay the debt created by those who got wealthy doing so. But the upcoming one may cause much more of an uproar. Unfunded pensions and unfunded Social Security. Why? Because state and federal governments have been borrowing from our money. Whether or not we could have paid social security and pensions off or not under normal circumstances (monies being held safely for the future and gaining interest) was questionable with the baby boomers and then lower birthrates crating a decrease of funding. Living longer and money no longer being there complicates the matter.
The current teacher/state rebellion going on in Wisconsin is one example. On the news tonight (CBS) was mentioned pensions being unfunded by a tune of over half a trillion dollars. Money that was supposedly there in separate accounts but had been borrowed from by states to pay other bills. The same goes for Social Security. All its money was supposed to be held separately, but Congress passed bills allowing borrowing from, leaving behind IOUs. Of course, retirement is paid for in a different manner for Congress. They get their full pensions if they serve 5 years, which is one senatorial term or 3 congressional terms. Different money, different setup. So what will the American public have to say when they won't get their Social Security or pensions held in trust for us by various governments?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Pretty noticable observation, the bigger aspect this is a trickle in comparison to other issues that are arising. I mean the focus should go towards bigger economic collapse issues that are happening first. The bills being paid are low and might last a couple years, but weather conditions, and uprisings are the real danger. Once the market crashes, pentions and social security wont be a focus. It will be that no one has money no jobs and gov is just going to tax us more and well thats when SHTF. possibly (my opinion)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Rebellion of what sort? Rebellion against what exactly? How?

The remaining pensions in this country are definitely targets for pension "reform." Reforms needed because Wall Street, the bankers, and your corrupt government made and let it happen.

They are going after the public sector pensions just as they went after and decimated the private sector ones. It's already happened in most states. Some just haven't noticed it yet. And then once these pensions are "reformed" Wall Street will rob them again too. That's the pattern, people.

But funny how no one cares and no one listens until it happens to them, though, isn't it? And funny how people won't stand up for others and half the idiots in this country get fooled to even standing against them. They'll keep chipping away at all the pensions, all the jobs, and all the unions as they raise prices until the middle class is gone. And then SSI, and then guess what? You will be broken.
edit on 2/21/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Rebellion ala the French Revolution, against the Royalty, landed, and gentry. Corresponding to our own. I mean the anger expressed because reform didn't take place in time. Rebellion like we see on the news lately, because the leaders there didn't act in time. I would much rather see intelligent legislation and real responsibility, but if it doesn't happen, the public can take on mob mentality, and woe to those in its aim. I'm not suggesting rebellion, I'm saying leaders that don't clue in sometimes face it from people who's patience has run out along with their life savings, jobs, food, homes, etc.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
With our govt too broke and corrupt to fulfill the promises made with social security, 401k plans, veterans living on the streets, the dollar losing the worlds reserve currency status, consumer prices going up sky high, hopeless baby boomers, I dont see how our people CANNOT rebel unless we are a bunch of lazy cowards. If theres a bunch of teachers making that much of a ruckus in Wisconsin, we def got more to come in the following months.

new topics

top topics

join