It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A place to practice linking and embedding

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius

[img]http://[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9cd4773df40.jpg[/img]

you had too much code, the img and astimg were in conflict
edit on Fri Feb 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I wonder where I went wrong. I copied the code from under my picture, where it said "embed picture on ATS" I managed to get an avatar up though, albeit a pretty lame one! I was just attempting to upload a photo from my computer but it doesn't seem to like my digital camera images. I'm trying though...I really am!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

The best way to do this is to use the "preview" button located where you compose any post... That is a good test-bed for embedding and other codes.

Compose your post, click "preview" and see how everything looks right there before you post anything.

Edit before posting, make changes etc. If needed.

edit on 19-2-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
I wonder where I went wrong. I copied the code from under my picture, where it said "embed picture on ATS" I managed to get an avatar up though, albeit a pretty lame one! I was just attempting to upload a photo from my computer but it doesn't seem to like my digital camera images. I'm trying though...I really am!

I'm no avatar guru, far from it, but you might try reading this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Go Here scroll down to VitalOverdose's post, its almost at the bottom of page two.

He wrote a great little programe that makes posting youtube videos simple.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TVeducated

I've got the video down. See my OP! It was some kind of magic but I figured it out somehow! I am going to go do a bit of reading about avatars and resizing pictures, the avatar I have up now is something I pulled from the web, so I think it may have been resized already.
I have the most problems with pictures and especially maps, I even stink at linking them. I undertsand now that pictures have to be either in your media or hosted. So when I have plenty of time I think I'll sit down and really focus on the pictures/avatar bit. I am still waiting for someone to come along and enlighten me about maps.

I've noticed others on here who have a hard time, so I thought this thread might help others too.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

maps.google.com...
Also attempting to have fun with some text! Can I cahnge the color too?Red writingBlue writing

I had to delete a bunch of stuff from the map link, I am curious if it will link to the map or if it will just go to maps.com. Again, if anyone would like to give me a mini tutorial on embedding maps I would very much appreciate it!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

picture posting is such a pain in the butt and time consuming, there has to be a better way.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

Hi there the crow. I have learned that you have to upload any pictures that you want to embed (physically appear in your post) to your pictures (your account, where you upload pics for avatars etc). If you don't they will come up as an external image. It is easy to upload images from your computer or from the web. I haven't really gotten into size restrictions yet, but they seem to come pre-resized off the web. I managed to resize a couple of digital camera images for my (lame) avatar and background. Go ahaed and practice some more though, that is why I made this thread, so we can keep trying and trying and trying until we figure it out. I was hoping some of the more experienced would come around and help us out a bit, but I think we will be OK. Practice makes perfect right?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This link is really helpful.

BBcode guide for ATS

[color=deepskyblue]It [color=deeppink]has [color=mediumorchid]a ton [color=deepskyblue]information [color=deeppink]for [color=mediumorchid]making
[color=deepskyblue]the most [color=deeppink]out of [color=mediumorchid]your [color=deepskyblue]ATS [color=deeppink]experience.

edit on 26-2-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

If you want to make cool looking links, type this..

write the word you want, such as link or source
then close the whole thing with

it will then look like this..

source
edit on 26-2-2011 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Thankyou darilyn, I will check that out. I think that is the trick to the whole thing....understanding how the code works.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

If you want to make cool looking links, type this..

write the word you want, such as link or source
then close the whole thing with

it will then look like this..

source
edit on 26-2-2011 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

Just wanted to let all of the other techinept posters/ readers know that if you quote baddmove here you can see exactly what he is doing. Another useful piece of information, as posted by someone earlier in the thread, quote the poster and you will see how the code is put together. Thanks again baddmove. Now I'm gonna give it a go.
ETEMENANKI

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
WOW! [color=Burgundy]Thankyou so much for the enlightening thread [color=Burgundy]Darylynn

This was extremely helpful and is highly reccomended

Thanks again!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

[color=cornflowerblue]You are welcome! [color=royalblue]It makes ATS [color=deepskyblue] so much more fun!

[color=lightseagreen]I add color [color=lightskyblue]to almost [color=skyblue2]every post!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hi, just testing this gif out.reply to post by daryllyn

Just when I had figured out the old stlye ATS... It got updated!

Cheers

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Thanks. Let me give this a try

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lewtra

You could also resize that to get rid of the scroll bar

The code (without the spaces) is [ ats=640x480 ] link to image [ /ats ]

This code embeds and resizes at the same time. 640x480 is standard size for ats, as I understand it.

edit on 1-3-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join