It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News' CPAC clip was NOT an honest mistake. Here's the proof

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
At the last year's conference, Ron Paul emerged as the Straw Poll winner by an overwhelming majority beating other mainstream Republicans like Sarah Palin and Mike Huckleberry (who also happen to be on Fox News payroll, coincidentally). This obviously didn't go down well with the Conservative news network's executives and their anchors went on a crusade to belittle and downplay the importance of the poll. It certainly didn't do any good to whatever little credibility that Fox did have, because they were all praises for the Neo-conservative Mitt Romney when he emerged as the winner in the previous 3 straw polls.

Video and more details at:
thelibertyunderground.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Pha3drus

Not being a part of either the Left or Right, what I find most interesting about this back and forth between attacks on each other is that both seem to want to silence the other and deny the other Free Speech and a Freedom of Expression.

Now this one is particularly odd as Ron Paul is a member of the Far Right and always has been since his bad old days of distributing Racist Newsletters signed by him. Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure he has changed or he would have self-destructed long ago.

Trump was right however; He is "unelectable". The only purpose he serves is to benefit the Left by taking votes away from electable candidates. Please remember I'm speaking from the perspective of a person who dislikes both the Parties equally and I don't have a horse in this race.

I do know, as I wisely watch most available News sources to be well informed and not immersed in the Ideology of one source over another, that FoxNews gave Paul most of the coverage he got during the last elections. The other news sources ignored him almost entirely. If he does not get good coverage on FoxNews, he likely will get no support from the media this time around.

If you truly support Paul, do you really want to alienate the only news source willing to give him fair coverage? Are you not cutting off your nose to spite your own face?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Pha3drus

Not being a part of either the Left or Right, what I find most interesting about this back and forth between attacks on each other is that both seem to want to silence the other and deny the other Free Speech and a Freedom of Expression.

Now this one is particularly odd as Ron Paul is a member of the Far Right and always has been since his bad old days of distributing Racist Newsletters signed by him. Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure he has changed or he would have self-destructed long ago.

Trump was right however; He is "unelectable". The only purpose he serves is to benefit the Left by taking votes away from electable candidates. Please remember I'm speaking from the perspective of a person who dislikes both the Parties equally and I don't have a horse in this race.

I do know, as I wisely watch most available News sources to be well informed and not immersed in the Ideology of one source over another, that FoxNews gave Paul most of the coverage he got during the last elections. The other news sources ignored him almost entirely. If he does not get good coverage on FoxNews, he likely will get no support from the media this time around.

If you truly support Paul, do you really want to alienate the only news source willing to give him fair coverage? Are you not cutting off your nose to spite your own face?
I'm not a big fan of right and left, but to say that Fox is giving him "fair" coverage is a little misleading in light of what they did. They are only sorry they got caught once again putting their slant on the news. They all do it(msm) but this was blatant, and they have some egg on their face. Am I surprised? Not at all.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by willie9696

Sorry but you're talking about one incident. I was talking about the last Presidential Elections and what I said is true in fact. It would tend to follow that Paul's best hope for coverage will be on FoxNews this time.

Paul was a total pariah to the rest of the news sources last time; that is a fact. Paul supporters were screaming about it all over the place.

I also remember Paul denying any connection to the conspiracy related groups who claimed to have his support. Odd they ignored him throwing them under the bus, but hey, he is a Politician.

I support no single news source over another and I do think those who limit their sources are foolish and easily mislead. With one exception, I had to give up entirely on MSNBC. When it comes to say a comparison between CNN and FNC, they report the exact same stories for the most part the same way. Only when it comes to Opinion Shows do they differ. Many though don't seem to understand the difference between the News and Opinion. Actually I don't think they want too. What we do here is argue opinion while actual News is just facts without opinion.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by willie9696

. What we do here is argue opinion while actual News is just facts without opinion.

well if that is the case than i suppose fox news should change there name to fox opinion. because there was no fact involved in the ron paul cpac footage, or in the poll results for the union issue, both were aired on "news" shows not opinion shows. and thats only the tip of the iceberg my friend. there are hundreds of examples of fox "news" news programs reporting fictitious info. if fiction is the opposite of fact and news is fact, than fox isn't news.

top topics

join