It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chat and 200 posts.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I'm wondering, I have been a member since 2007 and STILL do not have 200 posts. You see I don't post unless I have something important to post about, I prefer to sit back and read a lot. Is there anyway that I can get around that silly 200 post for the chat rule? I mean 2007?? Doesn't that show I'm not here to be a troll or start crap? If not how can I get the 200 posts without waiting another 4 freakin years? I think I'm only at 124 posts... I'd really like to join the chat and get to know some of the people on here.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Keep a eye on the introduction threads..Welcome a few new members a day..You will get there in no time..Also keep an eye on the general chit-chat boards..Get involved in a conversation..

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
hmmm ok, 4 years and I have NEVER seen the general chit-chat board LOL I found belowtopsecret but not general... going to look now LOL

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

Click on 'recent posts' at the top of the page. You'll see a ton of threads where you can get your post count up pretty fast by clicking on the off-topic section as opposed to the ATS section.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I don't know how much my opinion matters, but for all I care, you can post 60 replies right into this thread.
I might even star a few of em.

edit: ok, this is freshman forum= no star.
Also, you may have worked it up in your mind, throughout these 4 years, that you may think you are missing something in chat. There may be times, when it is interesting conversation going on there, but the couple times I have opened it, there was only about 10 people and I personally wasn't interested in what they were saying. That could just be bad timing by me though.
edit on 2/17/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
60 replies right here eh? HAHA! But then I'd have to think of 60 witty things to say and my brain just can't handle that at this hour with limited caffeine intake! I'm looking over that chit-chat board now hoping to find a topic I can relate to and discuss without feeling like a tool so maybe I can get my 200 posts and join the chat here real soon. Man, I'm gonna be so disappointed if I reach the 200 goal, log into the chat and its deserted! Have any of you been in there? What's it like, what do they talk about ect?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I have been in there a few times..Not that impressive only about 5-10 people are ever in there..And the conversations aren't that entertaining..But once you hit 200 posts you can post in the r.a.t.s boards..

edit on 17-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I haven't been in chat yet, but I for one am looking forward to it. I don't have my 200 posts yet either to get there, but this reply gets me one step closer.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

and pray tell, what is r.a.t.s ??

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by undiscoveredsoul
reply to post by TechVampyre

and pray tell, what is r.a.t.s ??

It stands for really above top secret..It is a board you need 200 posts to get into..

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

well, hopefull I'll see you in there eventually Tsawyer2! Maybe we can liven it up a little!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

surely you can come up with some kind of game to play, in this thread.

Hangman?
or or or.
i dont know. I can't think of any, but I think you can squeeze at least a few more replies into this thread.

Have you tried to message a MOD? It does seem like there should be exceptions to this rule that would apply to the amount of time you have been a member. If you have been a member for 1 year, and have not caused any trouble, 100 posts should be MORE than enough.
edit on 2/17/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Hope to see you in there too Undiscovered, I try to keep my posts entertaining, so why not be entertaining in chat too?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

games eh? well there's always I Spy, 20 Questions and Truth or Dare.....

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I actually don't want to post too many times, because I dont want to throw of my post/star ratio by that much

Maybe you and Tom could do something like this.. www.abovetopsecret.com...
Or just join in on that one. I haven't read any of it other than the 1st page, but there's over 1000 pages on that thread for "The three word story."

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I reccomend you use the 3 word story thread in BTS you could get 600 posts in a few hours there!
heres linky www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This is a test. this is only a test. If this were an actual comment, I would try to state something that actually made sense. I repeat, this is only a test to see if my wrongful punishment of chat ban, has been lifted.

(I didn't think you would mind for me to conduct this test in your thread:roll

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
5-10 people in chat? When do you ever even go in there? Certain times of the day has few members in the chatroom but around 5 PM EST. - 5 AM EST. there are at least 15-30 members in the chatroom and most of them participating. Right now as I type there are 14 members in the Chatroom.

I am in and out of chat almost all day and I definitely prefer it to much of the rubbish I see here on the boards lately.

So get your 200 posts and join us in the chatroom, I am sure we would love to have you. I see you are at about 163 posts so not too many to go.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
5-10 people in chat? When do you ever even go in there? Certain times of the day has few members in the chatroom but around 5 PM EST. - 5 AM EST. there are at least 15-30 members in the chatroom and most of them participating. Right now as I type there are 14 members in the Chatroom.

I am in and out of chat almost all day and I definitely prefer it to much of the rubbish I see here on the boards lately.

So get your 200 posts and join us in the chatroom, I am sure we would love to have you. I see you are at about 163 posts so not too many to go.

I'm trying! But man it's hard to find stuff to post about cause I don't like to post when I really have nothing to say ya know what I mean? It's slow going but I'm getting there...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join