It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

It wasn't exactly a cloud of methane. There was a rupture. The gas did not posion the birds. It was the noise that frightened them. Listen carefully to Faye Moore's description. She clearly said she saw no fireworks. And what she does say, sounds like a gas release.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
A quake just happened in western Texas...mag 3.0

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I don't recall seeing many here....

Magnitude 3.0
Date-Time Tuesday, March 01, 2011 at 03:30:11 UTC
Monday, February 28, 2011 at 09:30:11 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 32.727°N, 100.777°W
Depth 3.8 km (2.4 miles)
Region WESTERN TEXAS
Distances 10 km (6 miles) N (351°) from Hermleigh, TX
13 km (8 miles) E (84°) from Snyder, TX
32 km (20 miles) WSW (244°) from Rotan, TX
102 km (63 miles) WNW (288°) from Abilene, TX
373 km (232 miles) W (270°) from Dallas, TX

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 13.4 km (8.3 miles); depth +/- 1.7 km (1.1 miles)
Parameters NST= 10, Nph= 16, Dmin=106.9 km, Rmss=1.18 sec, Gp= 97°,
M-type="Nuttli" surface wave magnitude (mbLg), Version=5
Source USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usb0001mg2

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
OK very powerful magnet's can interfere with my pacer, could it be I'm sensing something there. I can't have an MRI, go thru the airport screening machines, be around arc welders (like I'm every around those anyway, LOL) use a tens machine at physical therapy or anything along those lines. I do feel sensations in my heart and apprehension with it as well. Could be nerves and stress with all of this we are experiencing.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I don't know if this was posted, it most likely was but the thread is so long I couldn't find this particular news clip on here, so here it is.

People felt 4.7-magnitude earthquake in 5 states; geologists study swarm of quakes
The largest earthquake to hit Arkansas in 35 years has everyone wondering what's next and what's causing all the shaking.
by Linda Russell, KY3 News [email protected]

3:52 p.m. CST, February 28, 2011
with video

www.ky3.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Oh Wow Here we go...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
I don't know if this was posted, it most likely was but the thread is so long I couldn't find this particular news clip on here, so here it is.

People felt 4.7-magnitude earthquake in 5 states; geologists study swarm of quakes
The largest earthquake to hit Arkansas in 35 years has everyone wondering what's next and what's causing all the shaking.
by Linda Russell, KY3 News [email protected]

3:52 p.m. CST, February 28, 2011
with video

www.ky3.com...

Yes. Thanks for the clip. Just to recap for you... The earthquakes in Arkansas have been happening for 6 months. At the epicenter, they are drilling for natural gas. 5000 birds and 100,000 fish died here also in one night. Now there has been an earthquake in Texas a few minutes ago.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

Thanks for the link with the vid.

I just about fell over when I saw how many gas wells were on the map.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
4.8 offshore Bio-Bio, Chile

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

I'm sorry, I missed something here - which could happen as I have been pre-occupied with an extreme work load the past week and a half and the loss of a dear friend and another close friend. - I will try and catch up - but - here I am - - you say:

It is a fact that sea water leaked in and is still leaking in. And it continues to do so right at this moment.

How do you conclude this - the area is under the preasure of the water - a void under the water will not fill with water
- - unless there is a vent with air to releave the pressure - think upside down glass under water - even if you then drill a whole in the top of that glass, the water will not come in unless there is another vent to air. - ?
edit on 28-2-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Looks like there have only been three other quakes in the whole state of texas in the past year.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Did everyone hear of the big crack opening up outside of Lima, Peru?

Latest News in Peru / Archive Outside of Lima | February 25, 2011 [ 10:04 ] Puno: Large crack opens in the earth in southern Peru

The sudden appearance early in the morning of an enormous crack, measuring 100 meters wide and three kilometers long, caused confusion among residents of the Huacullani district in the Chucuito province, department of Puno. The exact cause of the crack in the earth still unknown. Peru’s geophysical institute ruled out the occurrence of an earthquake in the region, but what is clear is that the ground opened up and large blocks of earth can be observed scattered throughout the area.

www.livinginperu.com...

The Earth is heaving, and fighting back.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
So who else is watching GEE right now?

Are you seeing U39A, U40A, W40A

Some very sharp lines or spikes right now. They don't look like quakes. If it were one station I would say interference, but it's on several. I don't know what it means though Puterman or someone who does?

(picture to come)ETA pic: (scroll to the right for the most pronounced)

edit on 28-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Not sure if any one else in the NMZ is feeling that seasick 'dizziness'

I am.

Maybe there are tiny shocks or rolling from the 4.7

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

well i know what i would say if it was St Helans or Rainier looks, like movment under a dome?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I got a problem. I was trying to watch a documentary on Vimy Ridge when I thought crossed my mind and ruined my relaxation. But a number stuck in my mind. I don't really like the technical side of geology, but it's not because I don't like math. I was good at math, it's just not interested in all the fine detail and wrestling with the jargon. I digress, the number 6 just stuck in my brain. I couldn't shake it. The number 6 was like a talking number on Seame Street. 6 months. 6 months. I want to swear now. It's almost impossible to writing without breaking my self-censorship and focus because I want my torrets to kick in full gear.

I stunned. But not. Here's what totally boggled my mind. Why is the USGS going about this the hard way? 6 bleeping months. I can't tell you how disheartened I am. I have to breath deeply to absorb it. 6 fracking months.

Here's an easy way to determin if injection is causing the quakes. Stop.

Wierd huh. Is that a problem? Is it a problem to stop and observe? Exactly how to they accept the risks in continuing? They're playing with people's lives. Injecting near a known siesmic zone. And then when there's action, ignore the fact, and just run tests for six months.

It's absurd. And I don't mean that in a slang manner. It's f-- I almost swore, absurd by the purest definition. Am I stupid. Am I fu fracking stupid. Are you stupid? They must think so because they acting like they can do whatever they want regardless to the risk of human health and safety. I'm trying to remain calm. You should be as outraged as I am.

Stop. I mean me. I was getting carried away. This fits the definition of insane. All the science I've found. And you've found. All the science we've found has proven a fact to be true. And they're gambling. With your lives. You Arkansans.

Stop. If you stop injection and the quakes quiet down for a couple of weeks, you might have something there fella. Maybe then you start the injection back up and if the quakes return. Wowee you got yourself a duck. If it looks like a duck. Smells like a duck. Then it's ajkasdhfjh fracking duck.

Stop. Breathe. I'm so angry. This doesn't make any sense and when things don't make sense I go mental. I need order and this is dysfunctional and dangerous. We need an intervention. The government and oil guys are addicts and they are in complete denial and they need a fracking intervention. All we, the friends need to lock them in a room until the admit the have a problem. Just that, admit you got a fracking problem. Then you can go home and think about how things are going to be different. But the fist step is to stop.

To frakcip-jaglkjasfklgjaosfhgjjkl;hgh f=]= a fracking stop. Stop alreadu.][uuujjkuyuuuyu .

Sorry, althought I passed Miss Duncan's typing class in grade ten, or tenth grade to my American friends, I was clobbering the keys. I'm really upset. Ah. breath

Is it me. Am I alone in the anger. Arkansans. Are you angry? Can you say stop? You must say Stop.

I don't want to scare you. And I under-- i can't finish the sentence.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Stop? If you stopped putting straw on the camels back after you broke it would it help? or if you put straw on it till it just cracked? what would you do with the last straw. once broken you cant take it back.

Just like all the rest of science oh that cant happen because it never happened before.
Then we just create jobs for more scientist to come up with ways of making sure this doesnt happen again.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

I won't copy the whole post this is the last I read so far catching up

Recognize any of those organizations?

Can I please give you more than one star? That is the way we need to approach this. Cheers to you!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
So I zoomed way in on that seismo to take a better look at it. I am still perplexed. We are looking at a suspected fault....but what the heck?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

If you are in the room where the window is open, it will create a draft and funnel the fumes out that window - path of least resistance -- - also from earlier - think spider webs

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join