It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru?? New planet to be discovered. Four times the size of Jupiter!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+75 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Scientists believe they may have found a new planet in the far reaches of the solar system, up to four times the mass of Jupiter.
Its orbit would be thousands of times further from the Sun than the Earth's - which could explain why it has so far remained undiscovered.
Data which could prove the existence of Tyche, a gas giant in the outer Oort Cloud, is set to be released later this year - although some believe proof has already been garnered by Nasa with its pace telescope, Wise, and is waiting to be pored over.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fcb5d7e433e4.jpg[/atsimg]

Prof Daniel Whitmire and Prof Matese first suggested Tyche existed because of the angle comets were arriving, with a fifth of the expected number since 1898 entering higher than expected.
However, Tyche - if it exists - should also dislodge comets closer to home, from the inner Oort Cloud, but they have not been seen.
If confirmed, the status and name of the new planet - which would become the ninth and potentially the largest - would then have to be agreed by the International Astronomical Union.
Currently named Tyche, from the Greek goddess that governed the destiny of a city, its name may have to change, as it originated from a theory which has now been largely abandoned.

Speculation is already rife in the conspiracy forums, that this is infact, Nibiru/Planet X.

Waiting in suspense...Time will tell! Regardless...it is very interesting! Source

edit on 14-2-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
So scientists finally admit planet x is real, about freaking time
edit on 14-2-2011 by ANClENT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Wow, a planet that far out from the sun. That thing must have a huge orbital period. Probably around 600-800 years im guessing. And since it is claimed to be 4 times the size of Jupiter, and remained undetected until recently, it just goes to show how much we really know about our solar system.

Star and Flag

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANClENT
So scientists finally admits Planet X existance, about freaking time

Do you really think it could be? And if it is, by 2012 or sooner?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

By the description they are giving, they are describing nibiru

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
This is freaking incredible, I dont even know what else to say, I know i'm going to make a youtube video on this when more information is out

The question that remains is, what if the legends are true, what if the nephilim come here when the planet passes close to us

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Well folks, looks like we are at war. Battle stations! Begin production...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

Data which could prove the existence of Tyche, a gas giant in the outer Oort Cloud, is set to be released later this year.

For me...This really is something worth keeping an eye on. Possibly nibiru...but of course, NASA would not name it niburu or planet x.

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCardigan

If Tyche exists at that distance, its orbital period is likely more like tens of thousands of years. As a point of reference, I dug up the orbital period and distance for Sedna (en.wikipedia.org...) and its orbital period is about 12000 years, and about 518 AU from the sun. (its orbit is highly eccentric, so this varies a lot)

What really gets me about this potential discovery, though, is this. Suppose that, hypothetically, Tyche is real, and it has evaded detection until now. How many OTHER objects might be out there? Could there be two, three, ten, fifty? We're already finding Kuiper belt objects like Sedna, Orcus, Quaoar, or Eris; Eris is estimated to be even bigger than Pluto. Eris even has a moon...

Space is big. REALLY big. Who knows what else is out there? I love news stories like this. Even if it turns out to be wrong, it fires the imagination like nothing else.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Now now... Its difficult to detect a planet that is 4 times the size of Jupiter in the solar system.. Its not so hard to detect a planet existance in a solar system 70k light years away...

/end sarcasm

Chances are they have know about it, and wanted time to study it before making the announcement so they can answer the planet X - Niburu questions that are bound to come flooding in.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Where did they admit to Planet X being real??

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Those Rotten Lying filthy ......Chandra discovered this i bet!
Id say its the announced planetary body that they never fpllowed up on back in the 80s i think.....
Theyve been keeping this to themselves....any information we get is filtered now for content that has potential....
The discoveries that may have signifigance are not detailed to the public any more.
There isheghtened possibility we are more normal than we think though...The discoveryof other solar systems seems to show a spread to larger planets a little higher than first thought.....
NI BI ROOO Could it be you?
Ni bi rooo

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It's so weird. Every few years NASA comes out and states that there "might" be a 10th planet that is massive in the far reaches of the solar system; then it gets debunked and restarted like clockwork. I'd really like to see something concrete on this for the final time. A planet 4 times the size of Jupiter may have some importance to us in the long run.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This planet is TOTALLY Nibiru!

But of course they will not name it that, or Planet X, like the OP stated....do they think we are THAT stupid that we don't know what this planet is????

SO exciting!!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
reply to post by TheCardigan

Who knows what else is out there? I love news stories like this. Even if it turns out to be wrong, it fires the imagination like nothing else.

Exactly! This is really exciting news... I am suspicious of it, and I'm sure many people have their suspicions that this is the planet. Regardless though, a discovery like this is very exciting - no matter what it is!

+39 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Tyche has been proposed for years now, this isn't really anything new. Based on the observations of the known planets however, we can determine that Tyche stays far past Pluto, never coming close to the inner solar system. Therefore, you can think this planet is Nibiru all you want, but it's orbit will never intersect with Earth's, especially not in two years.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

Well I give you stars******* and Flag for your presentation. Fascinating

Good find. It doesnt have to intersect EA either all it has to do is come close enough to EA and effect EA mag. field. If it comes closer to EA the SOL and another celestial Object near EA like a Planet who knows what can happen. Again thanks OP goood find. Atleast now many of the data seekers of Nemisis-Nibiru/planet X dont seem so far off with what the may potentially be sensing...
edit on 2/14/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Well, even IF this planet exists, and remember, it hasn't been proven...how does this prove the silly 2012 Niburu theory??? There's no way a planet that far out would reach us within the next year (or 2 years). It would take that planet 800+ years to orbit around the sun once, so what makes you think it could reach earth (that is pretty close to the sun) in less than 2 years??

Think people before hopping on the 2012 fail train

edit on 14-2-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Just consider more advanced technology or celestial travel of natural objects. It can run into one of the lil blackholes in the vicinity and pop up right below Earth. Or if natural lol can catch a ride on the suns or SOLs mag. field speeding up its travel -binary stars interaction-. I dont know if 2012 is late or early. I understand that fear can cause disbelief but this isnt the first time an object out there has been discussed. So 1 only recommends KEEP OPEN MINDS. Sometimes we got to evaluate things of instinct/spirit and not try to use what we of EA know and assume no others have better ways of travel.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by MrXYZ

Just consider more advanced technology or celestial travel of natural objects. It can run into one of the lil blackholes in the vicinity and pop up right below Earth. Or if natural lol can catch a ride of the suns or SOLs mag. field speeding up its travel. I dont know if 2012 is late or early. I understand that fear can cause disbelief but this isnt the first time an object out there has been discussed. So 1 only recommends KEEP OPEN MINDS. Sometimes we got to evaluate thing of instinct not try to use what we of EA know and assume no others have better ways of travel.

Ok, first of all, nothing entering a black hole "pops out again" to our knowledge, so you are SPECULATING. Magnetic fields like the one around earth also don't speed anything up.

All I'm saying that rationally, there is ZERO evidence that thing exists. Some people though choose to believe in it anyway, kinda like religious followers. But just like religious followers, their belief isn't based on logic or rationality, it's based on blind belief

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join