It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Ron Paul booted from conservative group for anti-war views

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Congressman Ron Paul booted from conservative group for anti-war views

www.rawstory.com

The conservative group Young Americans for Freedom (YAF) announced Saturday that Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) would be expelled from the group's National Advisory Board because of his "delusional and disturbing alliance with the fringe Anti-War movement."

"It is a sad day in American history when a one-time conservative-libertarian stalwart has fallen more out of touch with America’s needs for national security than the current feeble and appeasing administration," YAF’s Senior National Director Jordan Marks said in a statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 13-2-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time before the Republican party is divided into two distinct parties. I believe the libertarians could emerge as a credible third party, and with proper backing, could pose a challenge to the republican and democrat ELITIST agenda.

This isn't about conservatives and liberals, it's about populists and elitists, especially in our current economic state.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-2-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I just know that if he runs for president I WILL volunteer to help!

We have GOT to get the globalists out of office or we are through as a country. They are killing it from the inside out!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Already a thread..

But I'd say RP will get more votes thanks to this..
Many are against all these expensive, everlasting wars..

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I searched for it. No results.

Originally posted by backinblack

Already a thread..

But I'd say RP will get more votes thanks to this..
Many are against all these expensive, everlasting wars..

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Had a different title but same link..
Not your fault, carry on..

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
It's only a matter of time before the Republican party is divided into two distinct parties.

I would sooner have all political parties lose all credibility and relevance.

We already waste too much energy bickering with the "two-party system" that inevitably leads to nothing useful ever being done. This whole system needs to be compromised.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The Washington Times is Reporting that Texas Rep. Ron Paul captures TWT/CPAC presidential preference straw poll

Texas Republican, won the 2011 Washington Times/CPAC Straw Poll of 3,742 activists, the chairman of the Conservative Political Action Conference, the huge annual gathering of conservatives, announced Saturday.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

This isn't about conservatives and liberals, it's about populists and elitists, especially in our current economic state.

Very astute observation.

We are seeing a shift towards libertarianism. Some are less likely to want to see things like drug laws abolished....but any movement that revives the notion of liberty in America is a good thing.

I just expect that if we see libertarianism start to take hold, there will be some attacks or something that pushes the GOP back into vogue.

Wouldn't it be nice if 2012 was Ron Paul's year?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

We already waste too much energy bickering with the "two-party system" that inevitably leads to nothing useful ever being done. This whole system needs to be compromised.

I will never vote Republican or Democrat again. That's what Ron Paul suggested after he lost the Republican nomination last time. If he runs as a Republican, then he will not get my vote. If he runs Libertarian or Indy, I will consider him a legit candidate.

We really, really, really need to boycott the two-party system!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
We are seeing a shift towards libertarianism.

I don't think people are intellectualizing that much. People just see other people in uniforms and suits -- doing all number of stupid things that violate our privacy and trust. I think it's a natural and automatic reaction for their to be increasing backlash on all levels so long as the current system continues to exist.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Wow! The Young Americans lie about and misquote their own founding document: The Sharon Statement,

Nation’s Oldest Conservative-Libertarian Activist Group Expels Ron Paul from Advisory Board
The Sharon Statement, clearly states: “American foreign policy must be judged by this criterion: does it serve the just interests of the United States?”

"History has shown that periods of freedom are rare, and can exist only when free citizens concertedly defend their rights against all enemies."

“Freedom and prosperity cannot peacefully exist alongside radical Islam. It is unfortunate that Ron Paul--a member of the U.S. Congress-- does not understand this. Surely, our enemies do.”

Only, that last paragraph about radical Islam is not in the Sharon Statement, there is a statement about global communism.

The YAF has taken up the obsolete British Imperial concept of "the White Man's Burden" To crusade for God in order to bring what the Americans and only the Americans are uniquely qualified to do for the world. The YAF is now imperialistic.

from above source
YAF National Chairman Michael Jones issued the following statement:

"The United States is in a time of economic crisis, but this is no excuse to abandon the principles that have built this great country and spread its ideals to the darkest recesses of the planet. The United States is the world's leader--a beacon of light for the wretched and the oppressed. God has blessed the United States with liberty and the strength and heart to spread that liberty to all of his children. Rep. Paul has abandoned this mission, abandoned the United States' citizens, and abandoned the citizens of the world in their quest for their God-given natural rights."

That's what is flushing the US down the same Imperial toilet that the British, French, Dutch, and Spanish Empires went down.
edit on 13-2-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I will never vote Republican or Democrat again. That's what Ron Paul suggested after he lost the Republican nomination last time. If he runs as a Republican, then he will not get my vote. If he runs Libertarian or Indy, I will consider him a legit candidate.

We really, really, really need to boycott the two-party system!

While I totally agree a two party system defeats the purpose of having a democracy, it's just too hard to be elected if you are not part of a party..

Ron Paul admits that much....

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Very astute observation.

We are seeing a shift towards libertarianism. Some are less likely to want to see things like drug laws abolished....but any movement that revives the notion of liberty in America is a good thing.

I just expect that if we see libertarianism start to take hold, there will be some attacks or something that pushes the GOP back into vogue.

Wouldn't it be nice if 2012 was Ron Paul's year?

I completely agree.

Ron Paul 2012 would be awesome! I'm really sick of extreme right and left wingers incessantly vomiting on each other with political bickering without having any realistic long-term solutions to our problems.

What I think is the real majority in this country (Libertarians) are hard working Americans that are more in the middle of the road and with more reasonable and have more realistic political expectations than the Obama Administration and the Republican Party combined.

Ron Paul realizes that there are some major problems, both at home and abroad, that need to be addressed before our country is ever going to be able to move on to bigger and better things.

Are we ever going to go back to the moon? Are we ever going to be able to have the money and backing for a manned mission to Mars? Are we ever going to be able to regain a sense of real confidence in government or geopolitical stability without religious extremists or communist dictators always threatening war on our country and each other? What kind of world are we making for ourselves, our children and our families?

-ChriS

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

it's just too hard to be elected if you are not part of a party..

People have been saying that for the last 30 years. "I hate the two party system, it's bad to keep it up, but ..."
That's why it still exists, that butt. I've heard it for 30 years. I will call anyone a hypocrite who says that butt ever again.

edit on 13-2-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Down the the 'statistically proven' empire and on with the real science!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by pthena

While I totally agree a two party system defeats the purpose of having a democracy, it's just too hard to be elected if you are not part of a party..

Could not agree more with that statement. It is too hard to get elected when you are not part of a main stream party. People unfortunately equate main stream party designation with credibility leaving those outside of those 2 conformist designations twisting in the wind as crackpots who obtained their platform talking points from a cracker jack box. To be perfectly frank.... some of them DO sound like they came from a cracker jack box unfortunately.

What is so disappointig and what most seem to totally disregard is the fact that Democrats and Republicans are cut from the same cloth, there is no real distinction between then any longer.

With the growing dissatisfaction in this country with the political powers that be I think we will start to see a real surge in support for Libertarians and Tea Partiers. People just have to break out of the normal mind frame and welcome, and I mean honestly welcome, an honest change that comes from outside the box. I know.... I know.. good luck with that.

edit on 14-2-2011 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown
The Washington Times is Reporting that Texas Rep. Ron Paul captures TWT/CPAC presidential preference straw poll

Texas Republican, won the 2011 Washington Times/CPAC Straw Poll of 3,742 activists, the chairman of the Conservative Political Action Conference, the huge annual gathering of conservatives, announced Saturday.

Looks like it is the dummies at the YAF that are out of touch. Perhaps they should look up the words conservative and freedom in the dictionary in search of a clue...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

What is so disappointig and what most seem to totally disregard is the fact that Democrats and Republicans are cut from the same cloth, there is no real distinction between then any longer.

It's just way too easy for the special interest groups and lobbies to do their massive money shenanigans of corruption when there are only 2 "viable" parties. Let there be 15 viable parties and break the lobbies!

I was reading comments from the original reference article and came across a link to a Naomi Wolf article.

Tea Time in America
2010-02-26

Copyright: Project Syndicate, 2010.
www.project-syndicate.org

Reprinting material from this website without written consent from Project Syndicate is a violation of international copyright law.

Need I say that I totally agree with her observations?

Sorry, I removed the 4 paragraphs I quoted because of the copyright. You'll just have to read or ignore the whole article.
edit on 14-2-2011 by pthena because: removed copyrighted material

new topics

top topics

join