It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me introduce you to my Hell

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
reply to post by Advantage

She would have been highly empathetic, someone in her environment must have been privatley thinking negative thoughts about her. I had the same thing as a child but now I know who the thoughts come from... I.e. my mother (sorry) she still thinks im a loser, my head hurts whenever she thinks about me, even when im at work i know when my parents are talking about me.

Your mom problems dont have anything to do with a child or adult with a neurological issue.

I used ONE example out of 17, almost 18, years worth of experiences of what compulsion and intrusive thoughts really are since the OP had assumed incorrectly. They are picked up from anywhere and nowhere. Hers was picked up from a kid at school who called another kid a name in 1st grade.. J repeated it all day and I get a call from the counselor. By time I got to the school she was no longer voicing it as the counselor had insisted she stop voicing it and being disruptive. She had by then started obsessing on it in her head.. toward me later... which made her cry because she couldnt stop. THAT is a compulsive or obsessive thought. This same mechanism translates into actions, words, feelings, etc. Now that she is 17 and we have handled it she no longer suffers as she did.. which may be an example to the OP that he has the hope of accomplishing this as well.. and should not give up or give into it by feeling hopeless. .. and he certainly shoudlnt go through life suffering with this because he is "empathic". Remember : YOU are responsible for the BS you throw out there to people in times of need.

OP : as I said... she was diagnosed with a severe neurological disorder and profound processing issues.. plus the OCD aspect. She is not "neuro-typical" and most troubling of all were the obsessions and anxiety like things. No psych can diagnose these things correctly as they arent psychological. You may simply be going to the wrong type of Dr as we had taken her to at first. The psych doesnt always have the tools to "see" what is happening. The Neurologist diagnosed through MRI, CAT, EEG, etc.. along with the behavioral indicators. Its worth a shot to see if a neurologist can see what the psych pushing antidepressants couldnt. If you get a decent neuro, he or she will have no issue working with a naturopath or natural therapies along side of the more main stream medical ones.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
love how the site makes a near suicide note into a a loose collection of hot links to advertisements. just fantastic.

As the hotlink collector, I love how the most love you can bring someone with suicidal tendencies is your cynicism.

/sarcasm,

Sri Oracle
edit on 15-2-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this to you or not but you may want to examine your diet. I'm not saying that diet is the cause of your obesession problem but it could certainly be a contributing factor.

Reduce your sugar and carb intake. Eliminate caffiene. Eat whole grain foods, no processed wheat. Include some protien at every meal. Be mindful of your blood sugar levels, Hypoglycemia can contribute to OCD behaviours.

Take daily supplements of essential Amino Acids, L-Tryptophan in particular.

Exercise, Meditate, Deep Breathing, Massage Therapy, etc....

I hope you can find relief....

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If you have tried therapy and it hasn't worked, then you are going to be the only one that can help yourself. Personally (not a professional opinion) I feel like you might be spending too much time inside your head, you need to actively focus on the outer world and need to feel your focus more outward. I know it isn't that easy. I've experienced compulsive thoughts (though temporary through a specific substance) and I know it seems like they can't be controlled, but when it comes down to it, they are your thoughts, find something else to think about.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
From the saturday night live clip featuring Bob Newhart as a psychologist. Two words....." Stop it".
edit on 2/16/2011 by ConspiricusTheoricus because: By the way, I'm not trying to be mean....good luck, friend.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Someone recommended magnesium, that's a good idea. More people in general would benefit from that since we normally get a lot of calcium.

Keeping blood sugar controlled is also a good idea.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RustyShakleford92

1.eliminate toxins,mercury amalgams,fish,aluminum in food,pots and pans,etc.food additives
2.take mega doses of b vitamins,e,c,
try different minerals , but no multivitamin
3.read the knee of listening which is the ONLY BOOK which will
change your consciousness by teaching you Real Meditation,
not the concentration everybody else is talking about,
www.beezone.com...
4.jogging for 20 minutes helps clear out the brain bucket

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I don't know really, I have many thoughts about various things, sometimes I hear people talking about me, as if I can hear them telepathically when they are having a conversation about me. I think the words become distorted, but again, its something that is almost impossible to prove.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

you're hilarious /sarcasm.

get a real job /seriousness

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join