It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In theory what would happen to a hurricane, if you nuked it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

The early 60's was the most rife with radioactive dispersals. I forget the number, but the number was super high, at least 100's of ever increasing in power nukes were tested. In '59 not a single nuke was tested. I watched the link some poster threw out which makes a boinky noise for every test nuke, one at a time, for 5 minutes pr so. There were many before this and many continue. Thus, Andy raises a good question. Why not see what happens. It is a high pressure blast, smack dab in the center of an extreme low pressure? eye, surrounded by walls of wind (are they high pressure or is it low?) The radioactivity would spread more quickly than it does for the thousands of nukes already set off. Would it make a difference, since they do this all the time, unannounced, while clouds drift over us?

Good question. They do what they want.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

Because it would be stupid, it would carry the radioactive material high up into the atmosphere where it would spread globally rather than locally.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Of course this idea must of been tested some time in the past

Well obviously it hasn't

But I'm not sure it'd have any effect? I can't see how it'd affect prevailing synoptics nor sea surface temps so why would it make any difference?

Unless someone has genuine research showing otherwise?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
You dont even have to be a rocket scientist to imagine a scenario for something like that happening.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Nothing, you would get an nuclear hurricane. Hot air is trading places with cold air. I dont see how a nuke would stop that, once the process has started. You would need a really epic nuke, or a way to spread the required energy evenly over the area.

We all love nukes, but sometimes even those cant solve your problems.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join