It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investigation into Newbury Tragedy (horses drop dead after electrical shock)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

INVESTIGATION INTO NEWBURY TRAGEDY

www.sportinglife.com

Racing was abandoned at Newbury on Saturday when two horses collapsed and died under freak circumstances in the paddock ahead of the first race.

The executive of the Berkshire course decided human and equine safety was paramount as they were unable to ascertain the precise cause of the incident.

Fenix Two and Marching Song were about to be mounted by their jockeys on the grass on the far side of the parade ring when they fell to the ground.

Speculation from the connections of the stricken horses was that they may have suffered from some form of electric shock.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: Title

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I find this event very interesting. What would cause almost four horses to drop dead and two, dropping dead? They're saying 'electric shock' and that they were traumatized but it doesn't appear they walked into a down-wire. Plus, the jockey's who were about to mount the horses, were unscathed.

Could this be a magnetic-like shock?

Seemingly healthy horses or animals for that matter, just don't up and die like this.
How could this have affected the horses and not any humans? We're all equally susceptible to electrical shock however, what might set us apart from animals is being sensitive to magnetic anomalous events.

Just something to think about.

www.sportinglife.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Horses 'Electrocuted' At Newbury Races

That is a strange incident! But as to the horses being affected whereas the men walking the horses not, horses have metal shoes nailed to their hooves and the men were more than probably wearing shoes that would've insulated them from the ground.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Most likely weapons being used i reckon. Weapons n sports have been around for a while now, and how would you even detect these things.

Non lethel weapons i reckon.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Apparently they died due to faulty underground cables. At least this is what is being said on the mainstream news. I guess there could be some truth in this and as the stable hands would be wearing Wellington Boots, this would insulate them from any electrical current. Apparently a few horses were effected resulting in two of them dying. A sad incident.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
They have to pretend horse racing is fair, lol.

Still say more likely to be non lethel weapons, and who would know and how they are used.

Horse racing already knows about weapons being used in there sports, and the sport is full of alot of shady characters.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Horses 'Electrocuted' At Newbury Races

That is a strange incident! But as to the horses being affected whereas the men walking the horses not, horses have metal shoes nailed to their hooves and the men were more than probably wearing shoes that would've insulated them from the ground.

Wow! Excellent point! Hadn't thought of that at all. Nor was that even mentioned in the article.

Very very good thinking Ferris.

But now.....what caused it?
(I am still very impressed with your rational thinking)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
They have to pretend horse racing is fair, lol.

Still say more likely to be non lethel weapons, and who would know and how they are used.

Horse racing already knows about weapons being used in there sports, and the sport is full of alot of shady characters.

Really? You think it was deliberate to maybe, get them out of the race?

Man, I don't ever think along those lines (so I guess I'd suck at being a detective) but I s'pose, that's possible. However, some people said they felt a 'shock' when they were near the horses.

Man, I hope they weren't killed on purpose.

You see, I don't like animal exploitation be it, zoos, an artificial safari, race or an aquarium etc so I am very removed from the goings-on in these arenas.
But if this was fixed and the killer caught then as punishment, they should be forced to don a saddle, mounted by a 300 pound jockey and chase a rabbit around 8 hours per day for a year (horse shoes optional!)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Thanks, Human_Alien. They're mentioning in the plans for the track they might have found an old buried electrical cable under the grounds where the horses were being walked.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

Apparently they died due to faulty underground cables. At least this is what is being said on the mainstream news. I guess there could be some truth in this and as the stable hands would be wearing Wellington Boots, this would insulate them from any electrical current. Apparently a few horses were effected resulting in two of them dying. A sad incident.

Unless there's been an update, they are only speculating that as a possible cause. But then, why just 2 horses?

Please let us know if there's been further findings, okay?
Thanks

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I am not saying it is or not, but there is alot of shady people in horse racing in uk, i suppose where ever money is, there always will be.

People in horse racing will know of this, but i doubt they would tell the public due to needing to keep horse racings image of being fair(you gotta be kiddin me, lol).

I am not saying either way, but if i had a guess that would be my answer, and horse racing know this sort of thing goes on, and weapons are getting better all the time.

Most likely non lethel weapons, but in alot of cases non lethel weapons are lethel, lol. You see its all to do with percentages how they declare a weapon non lethel, it does not mean that are not lethel, just that a small amount.

I bet in horse racing its quite well known.
edit on 2/12/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Maybe they ran into power lines. That's the current story going around for the multiple bird deaths.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Oh I knew that Andy
I know you weren't emphatically saying that rather, just tossing out a possibility.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Maybe they ran into power lines. That's the current story going around for the multiple bird deaths.

Oh, but you left out the possibility of them being drunk like those-there Romanian birds!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Its our eras swamp gas explanations lol.

But the thing is the general public will accept the reason given to them, and they will say a science person came up with the answer or something. Like it takes a degree to be able to think.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Its our eras swamp gas explanations lol.

But the thing is the general public will accept the reason given to them, and they will say a science person came up with the answer or something. Like it takes a degree to be able to think.

And that is probably the main reason why I much rather spend my down time on here than hob-knobbing with the general public.
I mean, I really truly love the human spirit. I really do. It's the average human-brain that I have issues with

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Its amazing how they are conditioned by things like tv, to not think about other answers.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Seemingly healthy horses or animals for that matter, just don't up and die like this. How could this have affected the horses and not any humans? We're all equally susceptible to electrical shock however, what might set us apart from animals is being sensitive to magnetic anomalous events.

My grandfather while driving a team had his horses struck by lightening and a couple of my friends have had the same thing happen. Horses are struck not people near them because of their size and height. Also Horses wear METAL SHOES!

I have also had a very well shielded (faraday cage) X-ray machine fried by an electrical voltage that travel thru the ground rod buried in the soil and up the grounding cable.

I thin this is probably what happened. An electrical charge traveling through damp soil.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Yeah. The horse-shoe part totally eluded my thinking.
You're probably right but in a world so out of control and filled with mysterious animal die-offs, there might be more to this or...........I am just a bit more suspicious than need be!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It doesn't take much to kill a horse with electricity. A friend's horse dropped dead by a lightening strike more than a half mile away. They have a very sensitive nervous system.

Edit to add: Ever since that happened, I bring our horses in when there is a threat of lightening. I have no electricity hooked up in the horse barn. We run a huge light with an extension cord that gets unplugged when I leave the barn. I would never want to go through the nightmare of finding a horse that died by something that could be prevented.
edit on 12-2-2011 by hardamber because: added another sentence.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join