It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police caught in lie, do a 180 - maybe bacause of these photos?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I just love it when the police and government think they can get away with a lie, and then get stone cold busted, don’t you? On the 3rd of February, it was reported:

Thieves have forced the postponement of the Absa Premiership match between Kaizer Chiefs and Moroka Swallows which was set for the FNB Stadium this weekend.

This was after electric cables at the stadium were stolen yesterday.

PSL COO Professor Ronnie Schloss confirmed that the game between Amakhosi and the Dube Birds have been postponed due to the damage caused by criminals at the Soccer City

www.kickoff.com...

But then, the very next day, this was reported:

Police have rubbished claims for the Premier Soccer League that the postponement of this weekend’s clash between Kaizer Chiefs and Moroka Swallows at Soccer City was because of cable theft at the stadium.

PSL COO Professor Ronnie Schloss told KickOff.com yesterday that the match had to be moved to a later day because of the theft.

However, warrant officer Gordon Billing now insists that there was no theft – rather just that wet cables had been the reason for the postponement.

(Pretty strong word there. . . “Insists”)

www.kickoff.com...

Please can I have a show of hands from all of you who think this is pure horse dung! Well Done, give yourself a pat on the back!! I didn’t fall for it either (who the hell would??). Anyway, they thought they could cover it up and that they got away with it…….

Enter the wonderful world of the e-mail and information sharing age, most importantly, photos that show the story is a complete crock! Now, I have embedded pictures that are savory for viewing and they can be seen below.

(PS – I do not have a weblink for these photos, and can not find them anywhere on the internet, I received them directly from a reliable source in SA)

Here are the tools used for the job

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39358d492cf5.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93dc8e59ab42.jpg[/atsimg]

A nice 11KV sign warning people (too bad these guys didn’t heed the warning)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8f198f00d9c.jpg[/atsimg]

*** WARNING – BIG WARNING!! The following photos are VERY disturbing images of people who have been electrocuted to death!! You view these photos ENTIRELY with your own discretion. I do NOT want to receive any hate replies, nor do I want to upset anyone, so you HAVE been warned. I post the links because people are always saying “no photos – no proof” . If you do not have a strong stomach, I advise not to view them – You HAVE been warned! *** (PS – MODS – I sincerely hope I’m not breaking any rules with these links – Just want to get the evidence out there)

files.abovetopsecret.com...

So why would the government and police lie about this? Well, there is a U2 concert being held there on the 13th February, and who wants this kind of media coverage!! Once they became aware of these photos (and no doubt they must have), they had no choice but to do a 180, on the 7th February.

In the manholes, about 50 cables were severed and most of them were removed.

"The thieves entered the manholes and cut the cables randomly. This has resulted in added delays as the cables needed to be first tested and matched to find the continuity and then replaced. This work is ongoing," he said after a meeting with City Power on Monday.

www.news24.com...

(Just a heads up – Soccer City is AKA FNB Stadium)

However, the complete story is still not being told, as can be seen in the photos. I don’t see any excavations or manholes in these photos, and these guys didn’t exactly move after wards.

Kweek

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Dam, sure glad Cable Theft is punished around here like that...lol.....

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It's pathetic that they would lie about this event because of a mainstream band that would be playing in the same area.

I realize they were trying to steal the cables, but that's sad.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

So why would the government and police lie about this?

isn't SAPS know as one of the most useless & corrupt police force in the world and same goes your ANC goverment, so lieing is like a second nature to them...

and a cable theft is a national hoppy that might sometimes end as a Braai

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Screw SAPS they're useless and corrupt. I'm starting to believe all these rumors about them killing that ZASucks blogger and out to get farmers.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Somebody cried
'Cause somebody died
And somebody cry
'Cause I can't see why and what for
If you don't know, Electric Co.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

What the blazes are you going on about?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Oh well. Looks like justice was served. I don't see how this is a big story or anything new. Police lie and cover things up and thieves are idiots and often die in the process of committing their meaningless crimes. It's the same no matter where you go.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

well i wish the thieves pilfering my paycheck were idiots, then i would agree with you, but thats a generalization thats just too broad.
why not say, "well those kids should've stayed in school, thats what they get"? you do know they were still just kids right? kids are going to be stupid, its inevitable, they are still young.

that gives them no right to hide the reason for publicity, just like you have no right to mock someone for dying while most likely just trying to survive. if you arent desperate, you arent going to risk your life trying to steal electonic cables unless you really are running out of options.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenerationXisMarching
if you arent desperate, you arent going to risk your life trying to steal electonic cables unless you really are running out of options.

Desperate for what? You are making the assumption they were desperate for money to feed their families based on absolutely no evidence. I could make the same assumption and say they were desperate for money to buy drugs and that too would be based on absolutely no evidence.

You're right, if you get to that point, you are desperate and in need of something. But you are implying that they were desperate for their livelihoods when there are other far less necessary things that people who commit crimes commit them in desperation for as well.

At the end of the day, we just don't know. However, what I do know is that no intelligent thief would steal an electric cable. I would rob a bank before I would steal a live electric cable. It's just not smart no matter what their financial situation was.

top topics

join