It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am in the USA and lost, need some help......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I am in the US for a couple months or so. I cannot stand CNN, MSNBC or Fox news. Can you all recommend to me your preferred news source?

I usually read Ведомости (daily newspaper) back in Russia, which is actually excellent. And there is a couple of news programs I tend to like, but I don't know how to stay informed here..... What are good news shows, and newspapers? Anythingggggg....... :-\

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If i was you i would watch russia today, lol, for western news.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
You are obviously able to connect to the net. So I must ask why is it so difficult to find Russian news sites?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I thought ATS was your alternative news source ?

Just stick around the New Topics page and you'll get up to date news

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Link TV It's channel 375 on Direct TV.

How to get Link TV

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Try the canadian networks and the bbc stay away from american media even el jazeera is better than american media

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RustyShakleford92

you've gotta sort through the propaganda like the rest of us..

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If you listen or read a few multiple media's NPR, AP, MSN, Fox, Al Jez, Etc...... from extreme to conservitive, take 5-10%(on a good day) of what they say, combine them all, you may have half the truth. As you know it's all common sense there out, like any where I guess. I'm not so sure there is a news media network that isn't skewed in one direction or the other.
FB, Twitter, Live feeds, Yahoo groups are probably your best bet for the straight up if you can find trusted and reliable resources.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
You watch American media for entertainment not information.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Привет, земляк!

I prefer to stick to ATS as my main news source
and also using Google News to monitor more mainstream trends. I don't think that any particular newspaper or tv channel in any country may give you comprehensive information. Depends on what kind of info you are interested in though.

top topics

join