It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Blames Bank for Troop Suicides

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Actually I would support an all single military, like the Romans. It makes sense.

Land doesn't really work the way it did back then though as I'm sure you are aware of allodial titles and such do not exist for the most part in the US.

This is true, but they need to own a home, out right, no bad financing scheme. The whole point is to make joining the services as exclusive as possible so there is not an unlimitted supply of cannon fodder, but a valuable resource of well rounded motivated and intelligent individuals.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yes. That's why so many soldiers kill themselves when they're overseas, in Iraq or Afghanistan. The mortgage payments.

The mortgage payments.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Makes me think of a military commercial i see time to time on channel 173..militarry channel! You can can be a leader, earna degree in engineering while helping keep the world free. THey show this big african american guy in grey and white drag military suite, looking all serious. its all marketing and bull for todays younger generation..
reading this suicide thing..the banks are entertwined witht he pentagon, to wall street, well kinda. Join and be all you can be indeed...the same ones paying your military paycheck, are the same ones willing too pull the carpet from up underneath you. maybe you do have a chance ot be all you can be in the militray, yes, but if you have a home and are overseas...i would imagine its going top be quite hard to meet the banks financial wants, making less pay than a salary job..not like it matters since tons of our jobs have been taken awaya nd outsourced overseas anyways.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
They shoulda solld thier homes when siging up for active duty. This isnt the 1940's or 50's,...where you went to war, and your wife, home and dog were waiting, along with your untouchable pesnion, money thier to keep what you have. in todays world, ALL yuor financial resources are touchable..tis impossible to keep a home unless you have hundreds of thousands hidden somewhere to pay off that mortgage payment. in todays world...goign to service ide imagine, and loosing yuor home while servicing your country overseas, which in return , via the CEO's in congress have repoed your home...yuor wife will leave, yuor 401K shot to hell, and the dog has run off to go knows wehre or the local kennel has picked him up. dont claim him in x amount of time..they'll simply put him to sleep on you. And that is todays sick evil selfish world we live in

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I think if we modeled it on the Roman Military, it should be the Imperial form. Which is all volunteer, citizens, 25 year enlistments and single. Single soldiers live in barracks. Only officers would need to own land.

Once retired, Imperial Legionaires were given land and a pension.

I would change enlistments to 20 years though.

I would also add the Auxilia, to allow non citizens to earn citizenship through military service.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The military people who commit suicide need to be severely punished!
they are guilty of defacing goverment property!
Seroiusly, folks, this is partly because there is insufficient protections for reservists who get deployed,and partly because the goverment has no feelings for its soldiers either way.
They are merely expendables and its better they come home dead than in a wheelchair .
Far cheaper and neater arrangement that way...less hassle for the gov, and the VA.
The warfighting these soliers are tasked with is not the same as ww2, when we all knew who the enemy was, and we all believed in the goverment propaganda.
Now after the news that pearl harbour was a needless exercise instigated by our side, and known about in advance, That the Gulf of Tonkin was a phoney made up incident which was used to launch troops to vietnam.
That many other attacks and events were STAGED BY GOVERMNT FOR PROPAGANDA PUPOSES!
Why would any thinking person believe the goverment line about the current crop of conflicts.?
Soooo there you have it, unwilling muderers, forced to commit acts of horrific scale on innocent victimes for corporate profits, hardly assuages the guilt after homecomming.
The banks are guilty of good corporate business practice nothing else.
This is the new way we do business.
It is expanding to every venue we attand for whatever purpose, whether to buy food or a house, shoes or a car.
They ALL rip us off!
My heart goes out to those soldiers who have given their best only to come home and suffer worse than in the field.
God bless enm all,the goverment must protect its servicemen from civilian predation.Or how can they expect the servicemen to protect them?
Perhaps the army could put it to congress that way.........?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Thier is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to make a dedication patriotically, or servicing through the branch or branches of governement of one wishes too..absolutley nothing wrong. The problem is, it seems today, they need viable bodys, aka body parts* and its a business, not a military. so you canplay with new technological toys to blow people up...how fun is that after factoring in the emotional human cost? that leads me to belive, most people in our military are thugs and heartless bastids then! going to afghanistan, not even chasing bin laden anymore, let alone the al quida or taliban who have been shown to not be related to eachother..its like their all running around with thier di**s in thier hands!
WWII, once again, we had not a s good resources to fight the nazis great machine guns and tanks and obstacles,,..and yet we did. VICTORY was less than a year to berlin the capital. Yeah i know its all desert and mountians, but with all this technology we have, the military, all thier doing it seems, is running into minor oppositon time to time, and driving around in the sand with their toys,w asiting more fuel...possibly costing you and me more money as well. 12 years later for this matter
is it just me, or is bin laden smarter than hitler and the SS combined>? well the SS did escape too south america..many of them did. in afghanistan the boarders were never really screened to look for any taliban, al quida or bin laden, it wa war right off the bat...that pretty much would have allowed many to cross boarders when they felt and pleased. in WWII, boarders were searched...the only real way out it seemed, was through the vatican, or spain.
the only boarder searches we have today it seems..is along OUR boarders, where you run the risk by being raped, felt up, mishandled like an old peice of luggage., groped and mosleted for that matter. yuode think thats waht should happen to the enemy! indeed,......just WHO is the enemy this time around? seems like its us..US tax paying americans.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Congress Blames Bank for Troop Suicides

Is this the same Congress that over the years has pandered to the banks by chamging the laws and allowing them to charge obscene interest rates and print money out of thin air, thus creating mass inflations and forcing house prices out of the reach of the average person.???

Is THAT the congress that is now blaming the banks?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I think if we modeled it on the Roman Military, it should be the Imperial form. Which is all volunteer, citizens, 25 year enlistments and single. Single soldiers live in barracks. Only officers would need to own land.

Once retired, Imperial Legionaires were given land and a pension.

I would change enlistments to 20 years though.

I would also add the Auxilia, to allow non citizens to earn citizenship through military service.

Sound thinking Mike, and you know, once I take over the world, I am putting you in charge of the military, I have already made up my mind!

It should be a great job too, since well there will be no one left to fight.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Most of that one got voted out of office. So I would say its a different Congress.

The news guys and some of the old ones are trying to justify their elections and please the voters.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

reply to post by backinblack

Most of that one got voted out of office. So I would say its a different Congress.

The news guys and some of the old ones are trying to justify their elections and please the voters.

It's the same congress when they have the power to change if they wish..
Changing the laws or leaving the laws changed is the same thing to me...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Just wait until the machines revolt. We will have someone to fight.

It will be like Spartacus with robots.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Just wait until the machines revolt. We will have someone to fight.

It will be like Spartacus with robots.

Now might not be the best time to mention the little mop up operation on Mt. Olympus.

Good luck with that!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join