It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighters Responding To Blast, Blaze In Allentown, Pa.; Residents Evacuated

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Looks like one unit gone and the remains of three units side-by-side to me.
For your consideration-

edit on 10-2-2011 by exdog5 because: Ooopsie

edit on 10-2-2011 by exdog5 because: Ooopsie Part II

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by exdog5

Wow, that pic shows what looks to be like a hole in the gound.

The construction done in the area on the gas lines,
a previous post in this thread said there had been calls out during the day of gas leaks,
not to be found upon arrival.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
ok latest update i just saw- 5 epole are confirmed dead and the final missing person has been found-but the didn't say if dead or alive when they were found- and they are still putting out some fires

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eLreyfanTasma

weve been have weateher like that- single digits at night and luckily to be over 15 in the day. when yoi are homeless that is fing cold. and i lived in alaska where it wouldn't get above -20 or less for the entire day.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Another explosion...this one in Ohio though, rural area, no one hurt.

www.wtrf.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
now i saw the other day that they are investigating a gas main leak ony 2 blocks away from the explosion
edit on 14-2-2011 by bigfoot1212 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Excellent research BurntheShips!! It looks like they fell behind on safety standards. I was following the New Madrid Fault, and there were "over 500 quakes", all minor, along that fault line in the past 4-5months. Seeing as it runs along Western PA, is it possible tremors may have weakened old pipes in Allentown?

We even have a natural gas pipeline running through a village named "Benton" in Columbia County, PA. It's underground, and runs through fields, over mountains, and they fly a chopper from end to end everyday to inspect the unseen pipeline, along with locals that check meters on atvs/snowmobiles daily. That however is not a 12" pipeline, it supplies natural gas to towns and cities all through north-south eastern PA. I'd hate to hear of this malfunctioning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join