It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man dies during standoff.... this is very weird

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Man dies during standoff.... this is very weird

www.phillyburbs.com

A township man is dead after a four-hour standoff Tuesday night during which law enforcement personnel surrounded his house on the 800 block of Hainesport-Mount Laurel Road.

Christopher Feery, 48, was found dead when authorities stormed the house at 11:20 p.m., according to the New Jersey State Police.

Feery suffered a gunshot wound that may have been self-inflicted, but his cause of death is still under investigation pending results from the Burlington County Medical Examiner’s Office, authorities said Wednesday.

Officers did not discharge their weapons during the incident, and the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Does this story make any sense to anyone? I think there is definitely something behind this.

A guy trips his own alarm. Police show up at the scene. Then they hear gunshots, retreat, and call in the State Troopers and SWAT team. After the "standoff", the man is found in his home dead from a "self inflicted" wound.

Anyone have any input on what might have happened?

www.phillyburbs.com

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92

Does this story make any sense to anyone? I think there is definitely something behind this.

A guy trips his own alarm. Police show up at the scene. Then they hear gunshots, retreat, and call in the State Troopers and SWAT team. After the "standoff", the man is found in his home dead from a "self inflicted" wound.

Anyone have any input on what might have happened?

www.phillyburbs.com

No, I have no idea what happened, except what you've just summed up and was written in the article.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
IMO, sounds like there was a bad guy in the house and took the back door whilst the police were retreating.

Just my 2c

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The title is a little misleading. They didn't have a "standoff" because the guy was dead.

Christopher Feery, 48, was found dead when authorities stormed the house at 11:20 p.m

The couple spent three frightening hours watching the tense standoff between police and the gunman, and listened in to radio dispatches via a police scanner application on a mobile phone.

Did they have a 4 hour standoff with a dead gunman?

Or did they sit outside a Mans house for 4 hours as he lay inside dying from gunshot wounds?
edit on 9-2-2011 by Adamanteus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RustyShakleford92

I have to say, I found this article very suspicious as well. Something happened that has either been undiscovered, or is going unreported. This should be looking into further.

S + F

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Adamanteus

That's what I'm thinking too, the initial gunshots could have been to him shooting himself. But the whole situation seems a bit off. His alarm trips..... police hear a couple gunshots.... if he was trying to kill himself, in all probability, he shot himself in the head. Whats up with the other shots... its possible it could have discharged when it hit the floor but I wouldn't bet on it.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
well I have a few unanswered questions.
How do you have a stand-off with a dead man ???
The officers never say they heard a 2nd round
of shots or even a single shot after they retreated.
So who do you dialogue with ???

And 4 hrs is really a short amount of time
for a stand off IMO.

And since there were no hostages involved,
I'm gonna guess and say that he was taken out
by a SWAT Sniper using an infra-red heat
seeking scope and was shot in the head
through the wall from a sniper rifle equipped
with a muffler or silencer on it.

This could be determined by a thorough autopsy
to match ballistics of the wound with whatever
weapons he had in the house. If the wound
does not match the caliber of weapons he had,
then there are only 2 choices. The cop sniper
or a 3rd party that escaped during the fray.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92
reply to post by Adamanteus

That's what I'm thinking too, the initial gunshots could have been to him shooting himself. But the whole situation seems a bit off. His alarm trips..... police hear a couple gunshots.... if he was trying to kill himself, in all probability, he shot himself in the head. Whats up with the other shots... its possible it could have discharged when it hit the floor but I wouldn't bet on it.

There's not enough info to determine that. I would say he could've done like a guy here by me a few years back and use two guns(one on each side of his head) and pull the triggers simultaneously but they said it appeared to be an accident.

It says he suffered from A gunshot wound implying that only one of the two shots hit him. We definately need more information to come to any kind of conclusion

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WishForWings
IMO, sounds like there was a bad guy in the house and took the back door whilst the police were retreating.

Just my 2c

There were police around the back of the house...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Why would you kill your self if you tripped your own alarm? I know some of these security calls out can get expensive but not the kind of thing to kill yourself over. Things are not adding up, hope the investigation can sort it out.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
It is more likely that someone shot him because it is really ridiculous to say he died in a standoff...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RustyShakleford92

i am a friend of the family and just to clear this up. it was no a standoff. the story i was told was that the man had a gun on him (a registered gun) and fell down his steps, discharging the weapon accidentally, and the bullet hit him in the leg, making him unable to move to a phone to get help. the police were called because neighbors heard the gunshots and when the police arrived they set up a perimeter and waited for the man to come out, who was bleeding to death due to an accidental gunshot wound, rather than going into the house. the man inside fired the weapon a few more times in effort to get the police to come into the house and aid him so he didnt bleed to death, but this caused the police to stay outside longer. the police stayed outside for 4 hours, and in this time the man bled to death. there was no standoff, no hostages, no intent to hurt anyone. just a freak accident. i just wanted to clear this up to the best of my ability so he does not look like a crazed gunner. he was a good man.

new topics

top topics

join