It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Alert System (EAS) to have Broadcasts of President?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
So looks like we are turning more and more into a 1984 type society.
Are we now going to have daily broadcasts from our beloved president, on radio, internet, and tv?
plus we have this internet kill switch bill being voted on by the house.
www.securityweek.com...
www.wired.com...
This is just getting crazy.

I do not know what more people need to wake up, but thats not what this is about. What can we do to fight this and I think its time to start moving to HAM radio systems and other forms of alternative alternative media.

voices.washingtonpost.com...

www.prisonplanet.com...

thanks 46ACE and beezzer

ah video wont embed, not sure what the deal is.

www.fcc.gov...

edit on 9-2-2011 by white_raven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
From the 2 articles given it just looks like they are updating the EAS. There is no mention of a daily address by the president. I don't know why this is worrisome

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This is worrisome to only a small extent - AJ and others are blowing it out of proportion. It's an emergency alert system. If, say, "the Russians" launched a nuke, how would "they" ever be able to tell us to "duck and cover" without it?

Like any tool, it can be used for both good and bad

The part about daily "tests" is BS. I've seen that no where. That said, it will be tested, at least once, to ensure it's working as intended (top-down)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by white_raven

AJ is a drama queen

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
whoops, I had worded it wrong, I meant that as a question not a factual statement.

I mean to an extent this is one of the lesser problems we have to deal with, but that fact that this system is being implemented for broadcasts directly from the executive branch of government, its kind of a scary thing, I mean it looks like they are just putting in ever piece of equipment possible for a false flag internet attack/martial law scenario.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by white_raven
So looks like we are turning more and more into a 1984 type society.
Are we now going to have daily broadcasts from our beloved president, on radio, internet, and tv?
plus we have this internet kill switch bill being voted on by the house.
This is just getting crazy.

I do not know what more people need to wake up, but thats not what this is about. What can we do to fight this and I think its time to start moving to HAM radio systems and other forms of alternative alternative media.

voices.washingtonpost.com...

www.prisonplanet.com...
Fixedit for ya'

www.youtube.com...

ah video wont embed, not sure what the deal is.

www.fcc.gov...

edit on 9-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Here ya go!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonskie

AJ is a drama queen

i agree sometime he does blow stuff out of proportion, i think he does this to really grasp peoples attention that have no idea whats going on.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The EAS has been in existence for a long time, updating the tech makes sense to me. I would be surprised if the President ever speaks over it short of war, or discovery of intelligent alien life, or any other major thing. I'm sure the President has more important things to do than make it a point of addressing the public often over it.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Hopefully we never have to experience the eerie tones of the EBS

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
randomtangentsrme your right it has, but why are there laws that require every single radio station to have these pieces of hardware that with the "flip of a switch" override a station.

What if there is a station that is revealing some information thats damning to person in government, or a company or anything, they don't want people to hear it.

I mean this is huge encroachment on free radio speech.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I can understand where you are coming from, But being able to alert everyone in an area about an upcoming natural disaster makes this one a grey area for me.
Perhaps I am to trusting in alternative media sources being able to get the word out regardless of an EAS interruption.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by white_raven
randomtangentsrme your right it has, but why are there laws that require every single radio station to have these pieces of hardware that with the "flip of a switch" override a station.

What if there is a station that is revealing some information thats damning to person in government, or a company or anything, they don't want people to hear it.

I mean this is huge encroachment on free radio speech.

I disagree.
In the event that there should be a national emergency of the nature that requires all the public to be addressed, that is the only way to do it.

What makes you think if it was about silencing a station they would need a kill switch?
Surely you understand there are other ways to silence a person, or station. Jam the signal, cut the power, etc..

This is just a story that is being sensationalized here and by AJ.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
there is a possibility that they are trying to prepare the necessary infrastructure for something to happen? I do not think it is about control rather a tool to help in an catastrophic event.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
According to this link tech.blorge.com...:%20/2011/02/07/emergency-alert-system-to-get-presidential-test/ its going to be a presidential broadcast. Looks like something interesting is going to happen. I just have this gut feeliing. Or maybe I'm just bored.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidAsh

what is the link you tried to post?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I remember a few years ago here in Chicago there was a EAS issued which stated hold for a message. It was either going to be from the President or the Mayor (Ican't remember). They quickly stated it was a mistake.

So I'm not sure if this is a new system.
edit on February 21st 2011 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join