It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stationary blinking lights in the sky?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

Welcome to my world.

Here's a thread I started a couple of years ago when I started to notice things:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I went a bit crazy, and I thought someone on ATS that lives in my area was on the wind up, due to seeing quite a few after posting..

However, I'm now an avid sky watcher and once you see one, you see more.. Trust me.

Last time I saw one, I was with a group of friends and I had been telling them about what we had seen in the sky. Now living in Spain, we were on my roof chilling after a night out (but not wasted!), I explained about how satellites & the ISS move and how people can mistake them for UFO's. I then spotted a "satellite" and pointed it out to them, only to have the "satellite" make almost a 90 degree turn in the sky and increase speed.

5 Witnesses... Not a plane, not a helicopter, not the ISS, not a satellite, but an Unidentified Flying Object. I'm not saying Alien, I just don't know what it could be. To my knowledge we don't have aircraft at that altitude that could make that manoeuvre.

So I've seen a few now, and keep my eyes peeled

D.

edit on 9-2-2011 by dsm1664 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I hope someone can get video of this.....I would love to see it. I've seen something like it that a couple of times.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

Yo man they were here again tonight and I managed to put a video together. Sorry it's kinda #ty and shaky but I didn't have anything stable to put the camera on and it was taken through a window haha

In my opinion you can see them best starting at 1:56 but trust me, they're a LOT brighter in person and you can see them a lot better. And like I said, they flicker instead of blink...it's really weird. The bottom lights are street lights so ignore those. Shot with a nikon p100

edit to add: I screwed up on the date so ignore that too...
edit on 10-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

I had an almost similar experience. On Feb 7th 2012, around 8pm, I saw a blinking, just as bright as any other star in that days clear sky. At first I thought it wud be an airplane. But this thing did blink only once and was not moving, so obviously not an airplane. I saw this thing blink the second time, around 30 seconds after the first blink. And again after 30 seconds the third blink. Likewise 6 blinks each at an interval of around 30 seconds. It was almost straight above my head. And after that no trace of it. I observed the same sky area for some more time and also on the next day. But dint see the same thereafter.

It is Definitely not an Airplane or Satellite or Comet or supernova or anything that i know. Then what is it..?
I did not believe in UFO theories before this incident. But I will soon do so, if i dont get an answer to this mystery.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
you guys are lucky,seeing so much activity in the night sky..maybe invest in a digital telescope camera with tripod,i'm all set up now..come summer ill be taking it with me on a camping trip in Scotland.. at the very least ill get some good moon pics

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This is my take on the stationary lights. I do believe it is a satellite. There are 4 types of satellites, which I believe this one is a sun synchronized satellite . I have seen these in the south Florida sky, along with low orbit satellites which travel from 1 side of the sky to the other at very fast rate. Approximately 90 mins for 1 earth revolution. The reason the stationary ones are flashing; i believe, is that although they do not move from surrounding stars; they are spinning; thus reflecting the sun at intervals. Just my thought.
edit on 22-4-2015 by jakedj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
When i saw this site i felt more comfortable and worried a lil bit at the same time..I also saw 2 Stationary lights, but they werent flashing.. I went outside arround 00:30 to have a cig before i went to sleep and then i spotted those 2 lights.. My first thought was that what i saw was an airplane becouse there is an airport near to my home.. But then i saw another light and that one was moveing and flashing in a red color(probably a plane).. Then i looked back at those 2 lights and they were still there and still not moveing.. They had a blinking light in the middle.. And im sure that this was no star cuz there was one not far away.. I wanted to wake up my dad so he could se it too but i didnt cuz i was afraid that in that time this lights would be gone. After a min or so i looked away for a few sec and then i looked back up to the sky and i just saw this lights moveing away, and in a few sec the lights went behind the hill and i couldnt see them anymore. I mean wtf did i just see? I can take a pic of my area and draw where the lights were and show u guys what do i mean by the light went behind the hill. I rly dont know what to think about this, but im not afraid.. If they were hostile we would be dead by now.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: d00d557
I usually debunk these star like objects moving overhead as satellites. However I just saw one stay stationary for at least a minute flashing at 6 second intervals. I managed to catch it on video, but I won't bother uploading since the quality is usually #ty once I post it. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, but after I focused in I saw that indeed there were two orbs flashing in the sky. Such a breathtaking experience. Anyone have similar stories?

Indeed, several years ago my wife beckoned me outside to check out this light in the sky "she is not into UFO's like I am but is optimistic at least." I watched as this light changed colors and twinkled. Then we noticed it moved! I used the tree line as a point of reference and it would bounce about every now and again.

So, we got in the Ford pickup truck and went to the highest point we knew that was close to home. We spent the rest of the night and early morning watching these lights and I even worked the next day. Heh, we made a date of it I guess. The thing is at one point, one of these lights actually moved from left to right in between the tree line and it was almost breathtaking. Also, as they would move the most and fastest they would LIGHT up significantly. I felt like the objects may have been aware of us watching them.

Almost as if enough people focus on something at the same time and believe it's happening......

It was a pretty magical night for us, but I haven't had any since. I still the blinking stars though from time to time.

I've also seen something coming from the moon falling in a way a leaf would "if that makes any sense," and have been awakened by 2 dull white orbs outside of the window, and a shadow figure on the floor "a very small shadow figure that stopped moving when I awakened, then I went back to sleep."

edit on 9-8-2015 by Gumerk because: Clarification

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: d00d557
I usually debunk these star like objects moving overhead as satellites. However I just saw one stay stationary for at least a minute flashing at 6 second intervals. I managed to catch it on video, but I won't bother uploading since the quality is usually #ty once I post it. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, but after I focused in I saw that indeed there were two orbs flashing in the sky. Such a breathtaking experience. Anyone have similar stories?

First im sorry for posting this twice but i really want to get a reply becouse this kind of stuff happened to me for the first time. Im not saying that i do belive in ghostsdeamons and such, i also dont say that i dont.. Its just that i dont give a #.. But this Alien/ufo/ unindentified object stuff just became interesting to me..

When i saw this site i felt more comfortable and worried a lil bit at the same time..I also saw 2 Stationary lights, but they werent flashing.. I went outside arround 00:30 to have a cig before i went to sleep and then i spotted those 2 lights.. My first thought was that what i saw was an airplane becouse there is an airport near to my home.. But then i saw another light and that one was moveing and flashing in a red color(probably a plane).. Then i looked back at those 2 lights and they were still there and still not moveing.. They had a blinking light in the middle.. And im sure that this was no star cuz there was one not far away.. I wanted to wake up my dad so he could se it too but i didnt cuz i was afraid that in that time this lights would be gone. After a min or so i looked away for a few sec and then i looked back up to the sky and i just saw this lights moveing away, and in a few sec the lights went behind the hill and i couldnt see them anymore. I mean wtf did i just see? I can take a pic of my area and draw where the lights were and show u guys what do i mean by the light went behind the hill. I rly dont know what to think about this, but im not afraid.. If they were hostile we would be dead by now.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Actually, just about 20mins before this post I witnessed one. That's how I found this. It is 99% likely a tumbling satellite, and when it disappeared, it moved to an angle that doesn't reflect the sun towards you. That also happened to me, but it disappeared about 45° above the horizon. Its like when the iss passes and it disappears before the horizon. So you were most likely just seeing the solar panels of a satellite reflecting the sunlight.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Oops I commented on the wrong post. Sorry

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
None of you are crazy
)) there is action up there and I record most of it when clouds are not getting in the way.
I have a channel (fame and fortune free) on Youtube where I store my videos just to save space on the hard drive.
I just started with the infra red project too.
I do film allot of satellites but some of them are definitely not, and not all shooting stars are shooting stars either.
If you wanna check it out here it is : www.youtube.com...
Watch only if you want to. I'm not in here to promote.
I just wanted to let you know you're not the only ones seeing things

I use a P8079HP image intensifier for nights and filtered light 1000 nm IR filter for daytime with the help of an Armasight tIR torch.
Cheers
edit on 31-3-2017 by UfoJoeSweden because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I was out on my deck one night around 3 am, breezy night. All of the sudden the breeze stopped and a shiny reflective completely silent chevron shaped craft passed over my head about 100-200 feet above the treetops, I lost sight of the craft about 5 seconds later but as soon as I lost sight I saw two flashes similar to a camera flash through the trees, and It seemed to be gone. The breeze started again
edit on 26-9-2019 by Rogerleesafrit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join