It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK dedicated to corporate elite everyone else just along for the ride! Great article, real eye opene

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Our political system protects and enriches a fantastically wealthy elite, much of whose money is, as a result of their interesting tax and transfer arrangements, in effect stolen from poorer countries, and poorer citizens of their own countries. Ours is a semi-criminal money-laundering economy, legitimised by the pomp of the lord mayor's show and multiple layers of defence in government. Politically irrelevant, economically invisible, the rest of us inhabit the margins of the system. Governments ensure that we are thrown enough scraps to keep us quiet, while the ultra-rich get on with the serious business of looting the global economy and crushing attempts to hold them to account.

Here be monsters

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Everyone see's this day to day, in some sense. We all know it goes on and see it's effects.

The other effect though is it keeps our economy going, sort of. Without filtering off money from other countries/people we wouldn't have half as much money as is needed to keep the country afloat.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

sounds a bit like ireland too

thanks op

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I'm glad to see that mainstream newspapers start to mention the public robbery that big corporations are doing with the governments approval. Yesterday I posted an article from the Wall Street Journal which referred the constant corporized thievery that ruled Wall Street.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

I know many dont like George Monbiot, but this is something that all UK citizens need to know. we are being sold out, behind our backs. Policies no one voted for, by a government so out of touch with the population its quite frightening. Selling off the nations forests is bad enough, but these new tax measures really take the piss.

You have to hand it to Cameron and the torries, they have divide and rule down to a tee.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
From across the pond I can tell you this: The play-book is the same here.

I suspect it is the same not because of coincidence... but because it is the same authors writing it.

In this matter, all of us, subject to the bank/tax/social-engineering scheme across the globe are the same.. and the same axiom applies across the board....

One rule for us... another (or more frequently none) for them.

Stay strong. They will breed themselves out of existence eventually.. in the meantime they will soon be unable to trust each other at all. Which is a condition they are continuously trying to induce in us... but I think (I dare hope) it isn't working to their satisfaction. It is the nature of 'secret' agendas... and those who use them.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Great find.
Pity most of the British public will never hear about this.
This government. In fact all governments have sold out to the elite but people just dont see it.
They always blame the last government, when they are all the same.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I suggest people post this article on their facebook so it goes viral.

new topics

top topics

join