It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF that something on Earth is making people STUPID!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
In the old days these type people joined the circus and carnivals. We all like the cirucs and carnivals don't we? Different strokes for different folks I guess - definitely not my thing tho.

Perhaps her dream is to be in the Gusiness World Book of Records.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by The GUT

Waaaaaa.. If you didn't like my thread.... don't leave your 2 cents.. Its that easy.. Your soooo evolved, and should be able to rise above my caveman mentality.. Move along.. Need any more estrogen?

Just doing my best to deny ignorance. You typed that shizzle above and you find my reply whiney?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I have to admit that the OP has a point

I would never dream of searching the web for longest fingernails or even glance sideways at a catchy headline which claimed someone has long nails.

The proof I suppose is the ability to actually find meaningless articles and then make something out of them.
I do believe that even my reply in this thread is again proof of myself now becoming more dumbed down as I actually took time to reply.
I did however have the mental strength not to watch the video

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
reply to post by The GUT

I have to admit that the OP has a point

Yeah, the OP made his point with his own self as crowning proof & example. It's like a cop trying to arrest himself.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I totally agree, these fingernails drive a nail in my tolerance level....I can deal with the stupidity that caused the financial crisis, I can deal with the stupidity that is the Government...... but this doesn't just scratch the surface, it is scratching my colon!

NAIL THE B$TCH!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by The GUT

You are brilliant...

Thank you. You are so kind.

... Because I have no patience for stupidity, I am now stupid

Warmer. Something like that.

...Your brilliance and tolerance, dwarf me in comparison.

Again, thank you for noticing. Man, I'm really starting to get a big head here.

...Get over yourself. Is this a family member that you are proud of?

And if it were?

Did I hit a nerve?

Nah. But it's waaaaay obvious I have.

Your ignorance is giving you a muffin top chubby!

Funny...that's what my girlfriend calls it too.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The other day I said, to the man I work for ,2000 years ago Christ was born...He said "No 2 billion years ago Christ was born." He saw the look on my face, so he felt he needed to explain."You know thats why they say 2BC."

My mouth hung open.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Oh here's another ...My son's 19 year old girl friend can only tell time on a digital clock...She is not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but still she is not classified as slow...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by zbeliever

But I bet what she lacks between the ears, she makes up for between the sheets.. You can't have everything..

Story: I had told an ex girlfriend that this new pope was the first Jewish pope ever... Forgot to tell her I was joking. She called me from work, really angry.... She was telling this tid bit of "new" info to some co workers...needless to say, she wont be winning any scholastic awards.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I've seen far worse things to complain about.

Then again, this is the "Social Issues" forum. Ick.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
How interesting this thread would be if the content bore any real correspondence with the fascinating title. You should apologize for the deceptive title and the boring rant.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Ok wow I'd hate to see how you react to real issues. Calm down it' just finger nails

Now...this is ridiculous and it was on the news last week and I too was surprised it got more airtime than the Egyptian protest. They had an entire segment with her. I was like wth has she done but grow her nails too damn long to get any attention. I was wondering the same things you were, how does she do anything? Those nails are disgusting!! I have medium length nails that are my own and if they get any longer they annoy the crap out of me, like right now they need a trim
How can she cook, clean, type, write, drive or do anything that requires use of her hands and fingers? If she doesn't work who the heck pays for her obsession to be manicured every month.

Also I agree the world has gone stupid. I was just saying this the other day to a few friends. I just watch and it amazes me how the majority of people act and what they find to be considered a "gift." Long nails are not some religious gift or whatever she calls them, they are tacky long nails!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Blame television, idiot celebrities like Oprah herself, social networking websites, a dated and obsolete education system, dumbed down literature, dumbed down movies and music, etc. - whats making us stupid is not just the mainstream acceptance of conformity, but the rewarding of it and punishment of non-conformity. Television programs like x Country's Got Talent, where the most 'entertaining' or those with the saddest sob story are put through and those with a shred of actual talent are rejected, not even allowed onto the programme. We're encouraged to aspire to 'fit in' to delusional thought processes, such as consumerist and social competition based on superficial external appearances, brown-nosing and going along with the tide of crap rather than personality and challenging the status quo or anything else worthwhile!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join