It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati Speculation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Any possible speculation of whos probably in on the illuminati? I'm talking about the elite members.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Well if you are refering to the reall illuminati during the 1700s, then nobody is a member, the group died out after 15 years. There may be a group using the name, but its not the real illuminati, but of course there is other elite clubs such as bohemian grove , bilderbergs, etc and we know of those members.

Now lets go back to the illuminati. To be honest, no one knows who is using name or if the group still exists to this today. The internet doesn't help to understand them due to all the junk that is out there about so called "Satanic Rituals", "aliens" and other tales. Also don't believe the ties between freemasonry and the illuminati, freemasonry is just another society with no link to a elite group. So before we start speculating about members, we need to find out if the group exactly exists.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I would speculate that the name 'illuminati' is nothing more than a term used by people to describe those in high places who influence politics and economic direction from behind the scenes. I doubt these people call themselves 'illuminati', or go round worshiping the devil. I would say though that these people are very influencial and powerful, meet secretly and persue their agendas pretty much anonymously.
So who's in? I would guess people with power and people with money (same thing?!). Some politcians, owners of corporations etc?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Well if you are refering to the reall illuminati during the 1700s, then nobody is a member, the group died out after 15 years. There may be a group using the name, but its not the real illuminati, but of course there is other elite clubs such as bohemian grove , bilderbergs, etc and we know of those members.

Thanks for the info. infinite but can you tell me who the members of the 1700 illuminati were? And what country or countries they were from? Why you think they had failed? I want to do a search on their names.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Now lets go back to the illuminati. To be honest, no one knows who is using name or if the group still exists to this today. The internet doesn't help to understand them due to all the junk that is out there about so called "Satanic Rituals", "aliens" and other tales. Also don't believe the ties between freemasonry and the illuminati, freemasonry is just another society with no link to a elite group. So before we start speculating about members, we need to find out if the group exactly exists.

HI, its my first post here. Ok my point is, they prolly exist but if we need to find out if the group exist and even if we would be aware of any of their conspiracies, who would do something about it. I ve been on a lot of conspiracies board and all the information even if it makes a lot of sense still doesnt change anything.My question is, is there any organisation workin on the illuminati? Tryin to find them and reveal information to the public?I cant believe that so many people are takin about them but that there would be no one doing something about it.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyateLaBoca

Thanks for the info. infinite but can you tell me who the members of the 1700 illuminati were? And what country or countries they were from? Why you think they had failed? I want to do a search on their names.

A man named Adam Wieshaupt founded the group on May 1, 1776 in Bavaria. I believe it has been pretty well established that Goethe was a member and there is some speculation that Mozart was as well.

As for their reach, Albert G. Mackey says the group had at least 2000 members and lodges in France, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Hungary, and Italy.

As for why they "failed", I think the government shut them down because they taught things (anti-royalism and secularism) that didn't sit well with the authorities of that time.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I was going to go and searchand post a few link for you. But, it's time for me to head elsewhere.

I suggest you try to use the search function here. There's LOTS of info ont the Illuminati. The 1700s version.
Or if you scanned through the secret socieites section you'll find them too.

Come one guys, deny ignorance and use a little effort. You enjoy the knowledge more is it's not all handed to you

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
before 'the davinci Code' there was 'Angels and Demons' by Dan Brown it focusses on the illuminati mainly in the book and gives good history regarding the illuminati. its a good read, as exciting as the davinci code

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

The Order of Illuminati was located in the province of Bavaria, in what is now Germany. Membership was composed of most of the area's liberals, Freemasons, and intellectuals, including founders Adam Weishaupt and Adolph Von Knigge, noted Rosicrucian scholar Comte de St. Germain, composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, and poet Johannes von Goethe.
Within several years of the Illuminati's existence, the Order was infiltrated by the Bavarian secret police, who were operating as spies for the government. This led to the government crackdown on them, which sent its leaders into exile, and caused the Order to become extinct.

Fiat Lvx.

[edit on 14-7-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I would say the world leaders and wealthy businessmen. Maybe some celebrities. Who knows for sure?

D

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by junior_smith
before 'the davinci Code' there was 'Angels and Demons' by Dan Brown it focusses on the illuminati mainly in the book and gives good history regarding the illuminati. its a good read, as exciting as the davinci code

Angels and DEmons was a great book. Interesting to get different views on the whole illuminati thing.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by D

Originally posted by junior_smith

Angels and DEmons was a great book. Interesting to get different views on the whole illuminati thing.

Interesting.....my mom just suggested to me that I might like to read Angels and Demons and handed me the book earlier tonight. I had no idea that it was about the Illuminati. She just told me that it was something that I'd probably like. (she's definitely not into conspiracies or suspicious of those things, she just simply liked the book)

Anyway, you say it has good info on the Illuminati? Are you sure? It's fiction is it not? Are you saying it contains real history or facts in it? It would be nice if it did.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I've posted this link more than once before but this really is the best place to start research on the Illuminati.
Strangely enough the Freemasons are rabidly certain that the whole book is a fake (I can't personally see why the author would have constructed a fictious story in the manner this book is written.)
1000 odd pages of names, dates and events from someone who was there at the time.
...or a completely fictious work written with the express aim to mildly slander Freemasonry.
aobs-store.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Illuminati
The name assumed by the members of a secret society founded by Adam Weishaupt in 1776.
HISTORY
Weishaupt was born of Westphalian parents at Ingolstadt (Bavaria), on 6 February 1748, and lost his father in 1753. Although educated at a Jesuit school, he fell early under the influence of his freethinking godfather, the director of the high school of Ickstatt, to whom he owed his appointment as professor of civil law at the University of Ingolstadt in 1772. He was the first layman to occupy the chair of canon law at this university (1773). In consequence of the growing rationalistic influence, which he exerted over the students both in his academic capacity and in his personal intercourse with them, he came into ever-sharper collision with the loyal adherents of the Church and with those who were influential in government circles. As, furthermore, his obstinate nature led him to quarrel with almost everyone with whom he had prolonged discussions. He felt the need of a powerful secret organization to support him in the conflict with his adversaries and in the execution of his rationalistic schemes along ecclesiastical and political lines. In 1774, he aimed at an arrangement with the Freemasons. Closer inquiry, however, destroyed his high estimate of this organization, and he resolved to found a new society which, surrounded with the greatest possible secrecy, would enable him most effectually to realize his aims and could at all times be precisely adapted to the needs of the age and local conditions.
His wanted his order based entirely on human nature and observation; hence its degrees, ceremonies, and statutes were developed only gradually; then, in the light of experience and wider knowledge, and with the co-operation of all the members, they were to be steadily improved. For his prototype, he relied mainly on Freemasonry, in accordance with which he modeled the degrees and ceremonial of his order. After the pattern of the Society of Jesus, though distorting to the point of caricature its essential features, he built up the strictly hierarchical organization of his society. "To utilize for good purposes the very means which that order employed for evil ends", such was, according to Philo, "his pet design". For the realization of his plans, he regarded as essential the "despotism of superiors" and the "blind, unconditional obedience of subordinates" (ibid.), along with the utmost secrecy and mysteriousness. At the beginning of 1777, he entered a Masonic Lodge and endeavored, with other members of the order, to render Freemasonry as subservient as possible to his aims. As Weishaupt, however, despite all his activity as an agitator and the theoretic shrewdness he displayed, was at bottom only an unpractical bookworm, without the necessary experience of the world, his order for a long time made no headway. The accession to it, in 1780, of the Masonic agent Freiherr von Knigge (Philo), a man of wide experience and well-known everywhere in Masonic circles, gave matters a decisive turn. In company with Weishaupt, who, as a philosopher and jurist, evolved the ideas and main lines of the constitution, Knigge began to elaborate rapidly the necessary degrees and statutes (until 1780 the Minerval degree was the only one in use), and at the same time worked vigorously to extend the order, for which within two years he secured 500 members. When the great international convention of Freemasons was held at Wilhelmsbad (16 July to 29 August, 1782) the "Illuminated Freemasonry", which Knigge and Weishaupt now proclaimed to be the only "pure" Freemasonry, had already gained such a reputation that almost all the members of the convention clamored for admission into the new institution. Particularly valuable for the order was the accession of Bode who commanded the highest respect in all Masonic circles. Assisted by Bode, Knigge labored diligently to convert the entirety of the Masonic body into "Illuminated Freemasons". A number of the most prominent representatives of Freemasonry and "enlightenment" became Illuminati, including, in 1783, Duke Ferdinand of Brunswick, who at the time, was the foremost leader of European Freemasonry and the princely representative of the illuminism of his age. Other famous members were Goethe, Herder, and Nicolai. The order also propagated in Sweden, Russia, Poland, Denmark, Hungary, Austria, and France. In 1783, dissensions arose between Knigge and Weishaupt, which resulted in the final withdrawal of the former on 1 July 1784. Knigge could no longer endure Weishaupt's pedantic domineering, which frequently assumed offensive forms. He accused Weishaupt of Jesuitism, and suspected him of being a �Jesuit in disguise".

"And was I to labor under his banner for mankind, to lead men under the yoke of so stiff-necked a fellow? Never!"
In 1783, the anarchistic tendencies of the order provoked public denunciations, which led, in 1784, to interference on the part of the Bavarian Government. They issued against them four enactments (22 June, 1784; 2 March, and 16 August, 1785; and 16 August, 1787), in the last of which recruiting for the order met with the penalty of death. These measures put an end to the corporate existence of the order in Bavaria, and, because of the publication, in 1786, of its degrees and of other documents concerning it--for the most part of a rather compromising nature--its further extension outside Bavaria became impossible. The spread of the spirit of the Illuminati, which coincided substantially with the general teachings of the "enlightenment", especially that of France, was rather accelerated than retarded by the persecution in Bavaria. In two letters addressed to the Bishop of Freising, (18 June and 12 November, 1785) Pius VI had also condemned the order. As early as 16 February 1785, Weishaupt had fled from Ingolstadt, and in 1787, he settled at Gotha. His numerous apologetic writings failed to exonerate either the order or him. Being now the head of a numerous family, his views on religious and political matters grew more sober. After 1787 he renounced all active connected with secret societies and again drew near to the Church, displaying remarkable zeal in the building of the Catholic Church at Gotha. He died on 18 November 1830, "reconciled with the Catholic Church, which, as a youthful professor, he had doomed to death and destruction"--as the chronicle of the Catholic parish in Gotha relates.

You wanted some info on Illuminati....how's this? I got this from a Catholic Encyclopedia online...believe me, there's more.

[edit on 17-7-2004 by Toelint]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the info toelint and mrnecros

[edit on 18-7-2004 by kyateLaBoca]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROSI can't personally see why the author would have constructed a fictious story in the manner this book is written...
JRR Tolken wrote a story spanning well over 1000 pages and made up 3 totally intact languages, just because. People do construct fictious stories, just for the fact of doing it, be it for enjoyment, profit, paranoa or what ever tickels their fancy. If the said book is fictitious, I can't say, but to use that statement as an arguement for the factuality of it is ridiculious.

As for the books Demons & Angels and The Di Vinci Code: read both, found both entertaining. But to think Dan Brown did anything more then entertain you, such as teach or instruct you as to the history of anything is as fictious as his books. There are a few books out(writen by historians and real symboligists) that debunk most of his claims in Di Vince Code, and I wouldn't be surprised to see some on Angels&Demons. Like his books for what they are, entertainment.

new topics

top topics

join