It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morocco Facebook group calls for protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Morocco Facebook group calls for protests

www.zawya.com

RABAT, Feb 03, 2011 (AFP) - A group of young Moroccans called Thursday for pro-reform demonstrations later this month via Facebook, in the latest example of Web-driven anti-government protests across the Arab world.

"We call on all Moroccans to protest February 20 for the dignity of the people and for democratic reforms," the group, which claims some 3,400 followers, said in a statement

Its demands include reforming Morocco's constitution along with the dissolution of the government and p
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet, as I havent saw anything about Morocco.

I honestly have thought Morocco was a somewhat nice place as of late. Off the top of my head, I cant really think of anything really seriously bad that has happened recently.

Is this call to protest just a spill over from what else is happening in the region?

www.zawya.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Would love for this to be organised in this country if it could make a difference, but at the same time realise the potential it'd have for getting a lot of people injured in clashes, etc.

Anyway, many people in this country are probably far too comfortable watching eastenders to be getting into anything wacky like this.
edit on 4-2-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
and SYRIA tonight after Friday prayers?

read this; trying to dig for more information....

www.zawya.com...

www.catholic.org...
edit on 4-2-2011 by bluemirage5 because: addition

new topics

top topics

join