It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wakey wakey...please tell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hello

There are quite a few threads on 'waking up' on ats at the moment, 2 of which are on the front page at the moment, which i find amazing and fantastic...well I would like to start another, inspired by some of the fantastic stories of experiences in the thread 'WOW, many folks are waking up spiritually' here. (Im hoping it doesn't make it to the front page though) Please feel free to ignore this if you are all bored of talking about it or feel it is overkill, I have a vested interest and would really like to understand not only the varying experiences people are having but also the demographic of people who are experiencing this....this I do for a number of reasons.

First off it fascinates me - i think it is truly wonderful that so many people are now discussing this but at the same time find it amazing that someone like me would be going through this, I will give a description of who I am in a moment to clarify

Secondly I think it might be useful to those who are experiencing this for the first time and who it is all new to, too understand that all types of people are going through this, not just new age types or religious types, of which I am neither

thirdly I would like hear other peoples experiences of this, how it happened and how it has changed them

and finally maybe it will quell some of the misunderstanding of the subject that seems to be rife here on ats - again by displaying the types of people this is happening to maybe the atheists and non believers might actually take this whole process a bit more seriously or at least cut us all some slack.

so what I propose is to give a brief outline of who you are, age, family circumstances, religious beliefs, profession, basic history or all or none of the above depending on how comfortable you are with sharing your experiences to date, and also, importantly a description of your experience...if you have already done so in the above mentioned thread please copy it over, there are some crackers in there...or as said just ignore me

I also appreciate how hard this is...i only have 2 people in the world I talk to this about, not even my wife will listen to me, not that I have pushed it...

oh and finally, i know it's a public forum and all but please don't comment if you have nothing to share, im hoping this thread doesn't get de-railed by aggressive, pointless 'prove it' type posts...thanks

e2a: maybe this should go in the grey area?
edit on 2-2-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
honestly, my world view has come about from most importantly finding things out myself, and not taking things from word of mouth and not naively accepting "facts" or "the way things are" from the "authorities" of power. i think the original zeitgeist film is what started it, then i began researching nonstop, for years, and still am doing that. projectcamelot.com had a lot to do with my awakening. also, channeled writings, and "altered states". i was an atheist, but at some point in the middle of the storm of light, i became a believer. i classify myself as mystic, a man of faith. faith in what? doesn't matter. faith in faith. faith that there's something bigger and better than this physical space/time.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
ok so here is my story and experience so far...

im a mid 30s working professional with a wife and kids - I guess im just your average kind of bloke. I drink, although i have cut down massively, I used to smoke a lot of a certain type of plant but have stopped since this all started, I work hard, have a big circle of friends and love my life, always have. I grew up in the 90's and was just like a lot of young men emersed in the lad culture of 90's UK - going to raves, popping e, sniffing coke, sleeping with as many girls as possible, basically living life to the full...I went traveling, to university and the rest of the stuff a lot of people did and still do. Very normal stuff I guess...I have never been religious, in fact im anti organised religion, always have been. I have always been fairly open minded, but never religious...

my experience with this all started when I stumbled across 9/11 of all things towards the end of last year...I hadn't paid much attention to it since it happened and had just believed what I had been told, then I read a whole bunch of stuff on it and was blown away...it had a funny effect on me. It made me begin to question things and look at the structure of society in a different way and in a funny way it opened my mind a bit and allowed my thought processes to change...This in turn allowed me, when presented with some really interesting, much more relevant ideas, to be able to take them in and not turn away as I would have done. Around this time I also had been asking a question, the big question "what is it all for", that's not to say I was unhappy or anything, I was just asking for the first time in a long time. It's funny, I have always said thank you when things went well, always thought of life as connected and things happening for a reason, life got in the way somewhere and berried it all...until recently that is. My waking up, or trying to or beginning to (not exactly sure where I am with this) wasn't an epiphany, it has been gradual, subtle experience...a gradual realisation I guess

I no longer pay much attention to 9/11 as I have made my opinion on that and see it as a catalyst...the thing that allowed me to begin to think about the world in a more open minded way...It's funny, I realised I was actually much more open minded when I was younger, I just didn't realise it at the time, and with life I kind of forgot...then recently i opened up and now have a completely different perspective on the world, on us, on we...Im not sure if I have woken up or am waking up, I hope so but don't really know...I know I have a long way to go but I meditate, (have awakened my kundalini)I dont seem to worry any more, am more compassionate and loving, caring (most of the time:lol
and am at peace, I am excited by this amazing world, it really feels like a fantastic time to be alive!

so there you go...that's me so far
edit on 2-2-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

I watched zeitgeist on my journey...funny how one thing leads indirectly to something seemingly, completely un-related...what a world we live in!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
hmmmm, there is a cult think that seems to be happening on ATS at the moment. And it's presumed that if you aren't right, you'll be right soon.

They say that rational heads will prevail, but not on a WEBSITE where opinion and speculation are the rule instead of FACTS

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electric Crown
hmmmm, there is a cult think that seems to be happening on ATS at the moment. And it's presumed that if you aren't right, you'll be right soon.

They say that rational heads will prevail, but not on a WEBSITE where opinion and speculation are the rule instead of FACTS

I don't think it's a cult thing, quite the opposite actually, and it's not just on ats, it seems to be happening everywhere, that's what this thread is about...people sharing their experiences.

you see we might actually be friends, I might hang out with you at the pub tonight and you would never know, unless I told you...my point is were not nuts and this isn't a cult thing, we don't have to shave our heads, sacrifice our children and sell everything we own to be a part of this

new topics

top topics

join