It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... Did Wikileaks work?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Am i right in assuming the recent turmoil in the middle east is a result of the knock on effect from the Tunisian riots and protests...

Some papers and news sources suggest so.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Many people from all over the world, suddenly, collectively received huge packets of data - showing the corruption, the lies, the greed and the inhumane actions of our collective leaders.

Little by little - Rebellion and dissent and freedom of information has begun to take over, slowly, slowly rocking the foundations. For better or worse nobody can tell. I believe we are still in the 'teething' stages of this event.

Within a couple of weeks. After the first intial leaks. People began persecuting other people, people began hiding, denying, spinning, stories.... More and more people began downloading. Some media welcomed it, and some media forbade it.

Assange was arrested.

From that, protests emerged. Digital and real world.

Websites such as Master card, Interpol, government websites, bank websites credit websites, debt websites, anti-censorship and police websites, began to get hacked, or bombarded by impromptu digital anarchists, in a global message.

People in europe and asia and the middle east protested in the streets, suddenly aware.

Then there was a pause... Many people doubted or insulted Assange, assuming he was a fraud, or an NWO pawn, or a leftie troublemaker, or a CIA agent or figurehead of some in-depth conspiracy... Some said nothing would result.

But whatever your views.

Looking now, into the middle east and other parts of the world. ...

I ask... Did it work?

If so... What next?

Accordingly, there's still thousands of unreleased cables and also the 'insurance' file - whatever the hell that is?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Its Working

Wikileaks Aint finished yet

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

i've talked with a few people about the wikileaks success. not a very lively conversation though. it consisted of me asking if anyone has ever heard about the wikileaks, and them answering by scratching their heads and getting confused.
it was one of those moments when the mighty ignorance radiates towards you, creating a warm feeling deep within your soul, oh look a bald eagle flew by. Your soul is now filled to the brink with ignorance... the excess will be converted to six shooters and an assortment of rifles ripe for the picking to be randomly fired towards the sky. it's when you truly know you're american. god bless her.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well both Tunisia and Egypt shut down the internet to help them battle the protesters. Unfortunately for the countries, the damage had already been done.

The greatest threat to the PTB is a informed populace, and currently we/they are being schooled on how things work.

Yay Wikileaks!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
They are just getting started..

top topics

join