It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The effects of war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
America is a funny country. Time after time, the people and goverment of our country who beg for war, fail to understand that by sending all these men and women off, they're just setting themselves up for attack back home after the war is over. War is a breeding ground for serial killers. The effects of War-induced Post Traumatic Stress Disorder are devestating to the psyche. When the troops come back, there will be a surge of murders and suicides. Wait and see. It'll be like post-Vietnam (not like I was around back then, but my Dad was
) all over again.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
good point.

i could not agree more, for the fact is these people the american army is killing, will have people who will kill in their memory.

they wont go after the Government, they will go after Mr Joe America.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SiCkBoY
good point.

i could not agree more, for the fact is these people the american army is killing, will have people who will kill in their memory.

they wont go after the Government, they will go after Mr Joe America.

I agree too but, they should go march through Washington and take revenge in the Capital hill.
And clean up the house.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Sounds like a good plan, marg. If you organize the psychotic troops, I'll bring the milk and cookies and we can all plan out their attacks on Capital Hill. lol

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
They should do this right before elections, Just in case the warning attacks come true and we get stuck with bushy again.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I for one like President Bush but I do agree war breeds killers but where would you rather fight them over there or here at home and they will never have the numbers here in the US that they have over there so this doesn't mean we can never have another war again

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
You would probably an enjoy another war.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
That's what Bush keeps emphasizing... fight the war on THEIR territory to keep them away from ours. This may make sense in theory, but you can't stop people with a mission. They will bring the war here when they are ready to.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
A sad but true fact is that Wars, aside from the geopolitical effects, are required to keep the military trained correctly. You absolutely have to have experienced and "bloodied" soilders who can pass on essential knowledge to the next generation. You can test and train all you want, until you see both your men and your machines under actual combat conditions, you really don't know how effective your forces are.

Yeah, I know. That sounds really calious doesn't it? So is War.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SupaFly
That's what Bush keeps emphasizing... fight the war on THEIR territory to keep them away from ours. This may make sense in theory, but you can't stop people with a mission. They will bring the war here when they are ready to.

Not if we have the patriot act2 and tougher immigration laws and control our borders and waters better and if you complain about tougher laws well "don't bite the hand that feeds you"

top topics

join