It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else feel as though they're "falling asleep"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

The Moments that are now Wont be there the next, The future holds those moments as The past moments are memorys now, To Only live in the Moment, is to not understand where those moments will lead and what the last will be like, To Plan moments is to Create a memory.
Those Memorys and all those moments will be what defines us in our last days, So as i say,To only live in a moment is to not understand where they will take you and Ultimately how they shape your future

edit on 1/2/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by seagrass

The Moments that are now Wont be there the next, The future holds those moments as The past moments are memorys now, To Only live in the Moment, is to not understand where those moments will lead and what the last will be like, To Plan moments is to Create a memory.
Those Memorys and all those moments will be what defines us in our last days, So as i say,To only live in a moment is to not understand where they will take you and Ultimately how they shape your future

The Now moment is an ever expanding motion of all. Past and future. It's all connected. It is all happening Now. Time is an illusion. The point of consciousness here on Earth is always in the NOW. If you can consciously visit the future or the past...you are still doing it in the NOW. Therefore, what you do NOW affects both.
My 4 cents (due to inflation)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

I've been feeling exactly the same way lately. Since last year, every now and then I take a moment to reflect upon how I've become more "asleep." I can't simply snap out of it just because I recognize it, either. I can't really explain it right now, and that's actually a part of it. It's intangible, and elusive, and yet I'm sure of it. I often wonder if it's due to ATS's exponentially declining quality of content, but it's more than that. I can no longer separate wheat from chaff concerning any subject that isn't a part of my day to day activities.
I suppose it could be that there's too much I'm concerning myself with in my "here and now," but, that stuff's personal and I'm afraid y'all ain't privy.

This makes me happy though...

NSFW

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunsetspawn

It is shocking how much this resembles my own experience. Normally, recognizing the root of a problem is enough for me to resolve it. It's like a magic charm that always worked. Now I find that all of my thoughts are labyrinthine, baroque, infinitely interconnected. It's as if I have discovered the physical limit of my brain by thinking too much, as if I have discovered that what is really me is a material substance, imprisoned in a fleshy matrix. There is no solution, there is no escape from the Gordian Knot that binds me to this body, to this particular existence.

Most of my trouble started in the early hours of December 25th. That's when I began reading this thread. Like a ghost story, I read it all night until I was too tired to stay awake. Like a good ghost story, it haunted me for days. During the days I would be able to forget it completely, but at nights I would revisit it, and read obsessively. It lead to some... unpleasantness, as you can read around page ten or twelve.
The general feeling I got from that thread was of a sort of paralyzing paranoia. It seemed to validate every dark rumour that I had ever heard in conspiracy circles. It was really the peak of my ATS experience thus far, and I think that it has actually traumatized me in some small but lasting way.

I am also having personal problems, partly related to the fallout of this week of paranoia that I endured.
edit on 1-2-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join