It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would U.S. citizens be able to oust our President as Egypt is attempting?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

The slave masters are training foreign troops to 'serve'/occupy our 'zone' so that they will not have to fire on their own citizens. Our troops are being trained, I think, in Asia, so they would 'only' have to fire on Asians, not Americans. This is going on around the world, in prep for a NWO, aside from any ME uprising.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Simple answer: NO

Reason: Everyone would be labeled a racist.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
We as American people have overcome much.
for now thank God for the most part we are free.
and we can choose are leaders, Although some
politicians create and pass laws that but heads with
American freedom we as an American have it within
are power to elect new leaders, and speak are minds.
take Obama care for example , 26 states are fighting
against this bill and some judges have deemed it a
unconstitutional action. until we as Americans do not
have the free will and ability to change that which we deem
unfair. we will not see the Egypt style rioting on are streets.

Now if such a scenario happened, and we as Americans
lost are freedom to elect are leaders you would see more
chaos here than you currently see in Egypt! And it would not
play out well for the Government , or the citizens,

And about the military firing upon us in a Martial Law type situation
i believe that it would only happen if you presented your self in
a threating manner or you were a danger to someone.I would think
that you would see most reserves back their local citizens in a Martial
Law type event.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
If you don't think these U.S.indoctrinated police and military people will shoot you here in the U.S.A. You go right on and try it..I'll attend your funeral the next day.We gotta be ready when we make our move...and...we will be.....

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

See the guidelines on the length of your thread. At least a couple paragraphs?

There's no way our stormtroopers arn't brainwashed enough not to fire on us. Kent St. Ohio ring a bell?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Ousting a president would be useless in the US. Even in Egypt it may end up being useless, considering that the American Chamber of Commerce is a strong presence in their nation. In our nation, the entrenchment of corporations in the political arena makes it very difficult to see a president as the emblem of despotism. Instead, we have a rather figure head-like person voted in every four years.

There is no "one" person singly holding power for decades at a time. Rather, the figure head is around for 4 or 8 years and the oligarchy remains status quo. Uprising, fail...at least if it is geared towards the president, rather than the oligarchy.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota
There is no "one" person singly holding power for decades at a time. Rather, the figure head is around for 4 or 8 years and the oligarchy remains status quo. Uprising, fail...at least if it is geared towards the president, rather than the oligarchy.

It was never intended that one person singly hold power in this country. Hence the separation of powers and a federal system of government. Actually, it is a more recent phenomena that has occurred in that people believe that the Executive Branch is where the power lies; which is patently false.

The position of the president was to be merely a figure head of sorts, with very strict and very clear enumeration of powers. Of course, we have strayed far from those at our own fault for not keeping a watchful eye.

In any case, we have the ability to remove from power any public official if they engage in treason, high crimes or misdemeanors. Now getting Congress to actually act is the big leap, but enough public outcry and they eventually give in to save their political careers.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Most of us being lurk warm in water or busy with entertainment ..... so don't bother, it does not even register in our mind (most of us).

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Balls are needed for something of this magnitude! So i guess to answer your question NO.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Ok course the "us" I implied was the "whole-US" and as in "WE"...the protesters. Some of us that day carried signs...others of "us" were shot and killed.

Sarcasm is a negative.......but, understood. Thanks

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
I'm pretty sure there are enough laws that should the American people seek to oust the President by any means other than voting that the Government can call in Military forces to put down any such movement, with deadly force. But for that to even happen my countrymen would need to find their spines, which obviously have been lacking for many decades now to say the least.

Why in the world would we wish to do so? We have regular elections and the impeachment process. We are civilized. Do you perfer "finding a spine", so you can go stand in front of the whitehouse and scream? Go ahead.
Nobody is stopping you. Take your spine and your signs and go scream until you're blue in the face.

What are we hearing in these countries? In Egypt? They want freedom. They are sick of martial law and a dictator. They want elections, free enterprise and to be able to make money. In other words, they want to be like us.

But if you would rather be in the streets screaming for the things you already have, then by all means, help yourself man.

I admire the Egyptians for what they are doing. Americans have evolved politically beyond that. We've had our revolutions and our screaming. We would do it again if it was ever needed, but it isn't. If the day arises that it is, it will be done, but it would take more than just a few hundred thousand people, as well it should.

I think you underestimate the resolve of the American people.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo

It would be much different here in the states if we tried to overthrow the president.
1st off, so many people would use the attempt as an excuse to loot and destroy, not like in Egypt, on a much bigger scale. It would be chaos.
2nd I don't believe the military would use deadly force to disperse the actual protesters, I do believe they would use it on the looters.
I just don't see that many people here willing to try and overthrow the government, everyone is too complacent.

I would have to agree with you on this one, people are so brainwashed here to even try and overthrow our government. It's really disgusting, but I believe we would be last ones on this planet to even attempt such a thing! I say good for them for standing up to that crap!! We should be doing what they are doing as we have worthless president, who doesn't do #, and he has a Noble Peace Prize, shows us how stupid we really are!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Bravo Lady!

It was revealing though as I constructed my post explaining that we can remove our president (or any other public officer for that matter) without firing a single shot, I realized that what happens in a complete breakdown of Constitutional government and rule of Law?

In the time being, as much as people complain and write them off, election work. If a crime is committed, impeachment works. We have an admirable and I believe awe inspiring system that allows the peaceful transfer of power.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
No; to the question,
Our government is much more complicated than what Egypt has. Egypt can point a finger at their leadership; American’s can’t do that, because we change our leaders every few years. We can’t even point a finger on who stated what and when. We just elect another person and hope he or she can at least try to fix whatever the issue maybe at the time.

I still waiting for "The Change"… we got “The Change” alright, form bad to worse in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join