It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak: It Takes a Thief?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Mubarak has taken real estate, liquid cash, royal yachts, and has 40 billion in cash and assets hidden away in banks around the world for easy access namely in: Germany, United States, UK, Switzerland, Scotland, England, Dubai, Madrid and other countries. The Alaa Mubarak has properties both inside the country or in the United States major cities of Washington, LA and New York on the finest streets of the land.

His wife Mrs. Suzanne Mubarak and their two sons also are incredibly wealthy and the first lady has another 3-5 billion for her own personal use.
Mubarak’s wealth also has ties to large corporate US interests such as:
Marlboro, Hermes, Mcdonalds, Vodafone, Hyundai, Chili and other large corporations.

It is no surprise that the people of Egypt are starving, jobless and have been robbed of their countries wealth because President Mubarak and his greedy relatives have stolen all from his own country.

www.politicolnews.com...

Wonder how many pairs of shoes his wife owns? Kind of reminds me of Imelda Marcos..........

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
A reminder of what Ferdinand and Imelda did. Perhaps Mubarak and his wife will have a taste of the same.....

In 1986, the Marcos regime of the Philippines was overthrown in a people’s revolt and the dictator Ferdinand and wife Imelda Marcos were forced to flee the Malacañang Palace. (See last post.) Imelda fled wearing her espadrilles. Because she was flying to Hawaii in an American helicopter provided by U.S. President Reagan and paid with American tax dollars, she was unable to take her enormous wardrobe. In the palace closet, she left behind between 2 and 3 thousand shoes. Imelda Marcos was the First Lady of the Philippines, a country deep in poverty. The outrage was immediate and the news went international. President Marcos’ successor, Corazon Aquino, ordered many of Mrs Marcos’ shoes to be put on display as a demonstration of her extravagance.

Source: lisawallerrogers.wordpress.com...
edit on 1/29/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Thanks for that tit bit....now I'll pass it on to the demonstrators LOL

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Gee thanks, but I didn't post it for the demonstrators, uh, I posted it ATS members.

I thought it was pertinent.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

It was a joke

But you are right.....so many people living on less than $2 a week in Egypt, it's just not fair when all that money could be used for better housing and jobs.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

One can only hope that the man ends up living the rest of his life in shame.... perhaps that would make other leaders stop and think.....

I for one, would rather be poor and be able to look at myself in the mirror than to have a lot of "toy's" and not be able to sleep at night....

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

You know Tunisia's ex president's wife fled with 1 1/2 tonnes of gold

and this: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I noticed this quote this morning, and think it fits this situation perfectly:

The Greed is unraveling. It's the unraveling and it undoes all the joy that could be.

I'd like to make a painting of these words, and put them on Mubarak's jail cell, where hopefully he would have the rest of his life to ponder them.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

The Egyptian people must NOT allow Mubarak leave the country under any circumstances

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

The Egyptian people must NOT allow Mubarak leave the country under any circumstances

If he hasn't already. With this coup, if he remains he could be facing the same treatment as Saddam. I don't think the spoiled little man would like that.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Mubarak is dying of cancer, Egyptians not like the Iraqi people. They just want Mubarak to resign......he resigns - everyone goes home.

Mubarak is desperate now

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
i heard mubarak is going to germany for a medical leave, maybe he will stay there for good

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It appears as though an investigation will be commencing into the Mubarak's wealth.

Even his son and wife are said to have billions.

I hope they have to return this stolen money to the people. My God, with that kind of money they could set up social service systems....feed the hungry, build new housing, or improve the quality of life in multiple areas.

I wonder if they will try him, as they did Saddam. He really could wind up in prison....or hanged.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

I wonder if they will try him, as they did Saddam. He really could wind up in prison....or hanged.

I am hoping that they do indeed try him and show the world what can happen when one is given the power that he has had for all these years.

If it even stops and makes one other countries leader think a bit before raping their countries wealth, it will be worth it. But since power corrupts absolutely, I won't hold my breath on that.

But at least I do believe that the rest of the worlds leaders are watching this and worrying that maybe their own citizens might just start questioning things more, and maybe they aren't sleeping so well these days.

top topics

join