It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duped Students Insulted In U.S. (Radio Tagged like Animals!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Duped Students Insulted In U.S. (Radio Tagged like Animals!)

www.timesnow.tv

As the fate of Indian students duped by a 'sham' American university in California hangs in the balance, recent reports have suggested that close to 100 Indian students have been radio tagged by the American police.

According to reports, the students have been 'tagged' as the US authorities don't want them to go into hiding. Reports added that the students were very upset over this move, which was enforced to reportedly help the police to keep a tab on the students.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ndtv.com

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Now this sucks! I thought animals were radio tagged to keep a track of them and the ways they migrate. But here we have an arrogant US of A radio tagging students to keep an eye on them!

"The passports of the students have been impounded and the navigation device has been fitted on their leg so the authorities can know where the student is at any point in time. So they will know if the student leaves the Bay area." Ashok Kolla, the Students' chairperson of the Telugu Association of North America told NDTV.

In New Delhi, the Ministry of External Affairs in a statement said, "We have conveyed to the US authorities that the students, most of who are victims themselves, must be treated fairly and reasonably, and that the use of monitors on a group of students, who were detained and later released with monitors, is unwarranted and should be removed."

A double whammy! First the students are duped by the Tri Valley University in California (Now sealed) who went there for studies with valid student visas issued by none other than the American Embassy. Then when the University was discovered to be a sham institute, part of an illegal immigration racket, the students were radio tagged pending deportation!!

Nuff said!

www.timesnow.tv
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-1-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
i'm not sure why there is so much surprise about this.

electronic monitoring of people in the u. s. is a pretty common thing, especially folks on house arrest, or on probation.

i'm thinking that the nation has a right to keep track of folks like these in some way. the immigration dept. could have just immediately deported them, but instead tried something that would conceivably help them stay in the u.s. until they are able to matriculate in a way consistent with their student visa requirements.

tell me how i'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Matriculate or study at a University in the US of A with a radio tag on???
(Oh yeah! The new age Gestapo!) Jeeez! Surely you joke? I can't believe you said this!!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
reply to post by MMPI2

Matriculate or study at a University in the US of A with a radio tag on???
(Oh yeah! The new age Gestapo!) Jeeez! Surely you joke? I can't believe you said this!!

i am not joking. it happens all the time. people on probation wear those things all over the place.

it is a requirement in lots of states.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The option is jail and deporting the students who don't have legal means of staying in the US now.

Maybe they would perfer a few weeks of lockdown with violent criminals while waiting for the paperwork to go through before they get deported.

At least this way they can be released while they wait to head home or to get things organized so they can get into another university and stay legally.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The only other option is immediate deportation, which should probably have been the course of action taken. Who could have complained about that?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Why are we worried about a few Indians going to school but we do absolutely nothing about the 20 million or so Mexican illegals here, many who are abusing our system and bankrupting our country? Why don't they start tagging them. I'm sure there's someone in our gov that's heavily vested in ankle bracelets. I don't get it

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
i'm not sure why there is so much surprise about this.

electronic monitoring of people in the u. s. is a pretty common thing, especially folks on house arrest, or on probation.

I live in london and i do not have 1 second of privacy in life. I found out they used electroinc mind control in school in 1992 in london.

So they would be using this too i assume in usa, if they are using it in london.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder
Why are we worried about a few Indians going to school but we do absolutely nothing about the 20 million or so Mexican illegals here, many who are abusing our system and bankrupting our country? Why don't they start tagging them. I'm sure there's someone in our gov that's heavily vested in ankle bracelets. I don't get it

that's actually a damn good question that should have been the first one asked.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

I don't get it

To dehumanise and control them. They all had a visa and would have to leave when there time is up. Like all travellers there is a risk some may overstay, but there are other systems for that.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

The title to this article is very misleading, it comes across as sounding like they were isotope tagged with a buffalo gun or something while they were running away from ICE. Do I think that the ankle bracelets are a bit extreme, sure. Would I say they were " radio tagged like animals " probably not.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
electronic monitoring ??? really? isn't that just a bit overboard?
hmmmm, not sure i understand how the illegal actions of their School, deems the students criminal?

here on legal visas should eliminate any need for further 'monitoring' ... me thinks there is much more to this story ... especially the 'immigration' part.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
These students aren't the criminals and there is no indication that they have criminal intentions. Why haven't the University administrators been tagged instead? They are the ones under suspicion. As soon as the students find another school the tags will be removed anyway so what use are they now?

Was this perhaps an opportunity for a test case or a normalization process? Its interesting that ICE happens to have this many tags available to them on demmand.

One more reason to not risk entering the States anymore.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
You are all just jealous, don't worry they will have them for everyone soon enough. I guess they should have learned some Spanish so they could have claimed to be Mexican. Problem solved.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The complaint filed with the DHS is that the school was a scam set up to help Indian nationals enter the US under the cover of educational visas. Some would go to school, while the majority simply entered the workforce or were lost track of. So, it was set up to get otherwise illegals into the country legally. This is why the students are being tracked. With the school being found out the educational visas that were issued are void, and these are now illegals. It has yet to be determined if they can transfer to another school as TriValley University is not accredited, so they are currently in limbo until DHS comes to their conclusion.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with the ankle bracelets, without them these people would most likely slip into the shadows and we already have enough of an illegal immigration problem.

Does nobody find it suspicious that the majority of students were from one Indian province?

Here take a look at this from the mercury link below:

ICE began its investigation in May 2010. The institution received is approval to issue visas in February 2009 and had the approval for about 30 students. In May 2009 the school had 11 active students that had Advertisement received F-1 visas, and 939 by May 2010. According to the complaint, more than 95 percent of students were from India. For more than half of them, the university reported their address was a single apartment in Sunnyvale. The apartment manager told ICE agents that four university students lived there from June 2007 to August 2009 and none since.

news.yahoo.com...

This school was a scam and was found out, end of story. It's a lot more difficult to deport someone you can't find.
www.mercurynews.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
they also have the option of preparing a bug out bag and just taking the damn thing off.
here in P.R. last year a parolee got careless, and his dog got out of the house, triggering an alert to the cops.
he'd taken it off and put it on his dog and had the cops fooled for months.

and if they decide to go home:
passport? don't need no stinking passport!

just take it off and go to your embassy.
will create a serious bother and paperwork for the authorities.
but hey, a slap in the face deserves another in kind, IMO

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Itachimaru

it comes across as sounding like they were isotope tagged with a buffalo gun or something while they were running away from ICE

hmmmm....note to self: talk to janet napolitano about getting some buffalo guns asap.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Well? The question here is if this was an illegal immigration racket,THEN WHY DID THE AMERICAN EMBASSEY ISSUE THEM WITH VALID VISAS? The authorities should get their house in order first. There are rackets going on under their very noses and these law enforcers don't know? Or are they turning a blind eye since many of them are involved in this money making scheme?

Can anyone answer the question above?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Yes, it's the the mercury link I posted.

They applied for and granted the ability to issue student visas in Feb 2009 it's first run issued about 30 by May 2010 only 11 had active student visas. By May 2009 they had 939. May 2010 is when immigration and customs started their investigation.

edit on 29-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join