It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Advice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Hello all,

It's been said in the past that I'm better at giving advice rather than following it, so here we go, with a few pointers:

Enjoy each day as your last

Why not? We are only here once so make it count, a smile/friendly exchange or a simple polite conversation can make the world of a difference, remember it takes hardly any effort to be nice so smile and crack on.

Work

The majority of us are stuck in jobs which we don't appreciate, but once again remember "skills pay the bills", I know it's easy to say but try and find a job where you can succeed and progress.

We Work To Live, Not....?

Very important, we work to live; we do NOT live to work. For some guys and gals this maybe opposite but lets try and keep a healthy work to life ratio here.

Own Time

Be selfish!

Everyone needs to be a person at the end of the day, so set aside a time; even if it's only an hour and do something creative. Read, talk, watch TV etc ANYTHING.

Just a quick one guys and girls, but please take heed.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Work? I lost my darn job almost a year ago-- long story. Mostly because people were lying on me that I was drinking on the job in the bathroom (and other bathroom lies). Now THE WORM aint allowed within 500 feet of the factory. Big whoop, the jokes on them I hated that stupid job.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Good things to keep in mind. It is very easy to get caught up in all the drama.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Forgiveness is one that I wish I was better at.
Sometimes I feel like I move through life walking backwards, always living in the past.
Funny what lessons hold the keys to personal growth.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
Sometimes I feel like I move through life walking backwards, always living in the past.

you are sure to be better at.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher

Which leads to another applicable point for this thread; don't cry about spilt milk. Unfortunately, the majority of us have done things in life which we regret, you can't change the past so theres no point in even attempting.

You can, however, change the present and the future.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Love the pointers. I try following them as much as possible, even though it isn't always the most beneficial choice. Here's a couple others that I like.

Everyone makes mistakes, only fools practice them. Pretty self-explanatory. Sometimes we have to make them just to learn from it. Just have to remember that the lesson isn't always an immediate result.

Always forgive, but never forget. This one is difficult. But like the previous pointer, everyone is gonna make a mistake. Now we can judge that person on mistakes, or we can judge that person from what they learn from the mistake. Besides, holding a grudge at someone usually involves a trivial incident which holds back any progress.

That's all I can think of at the moment. But thanks again for some good words of encouragement.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Enjoy each day as your last

Why not? We are only here once so make it count, a smile/friendly exchange or a simple polite conversation can make the world of a difference, remember it takes hardly any effort to be nice so smile and crack on.

I have been trying to do this for a while now, and find that it does indeed make my life more pleasurable.

of course, the saying could also be very true as no one knows when their time will end, so you might as well enjoy it while you can...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm not supposed to post just to say I agree, but what you have said is very good advice. I live by those sorts of rules too.

I can't think of anything very profound to add at the moment, but your thread deserves a bump. So I'll add something trivial but very useful:

Always buy black socks - they'll always match and you'll never have any odd ones floating around again

new topics

top topics

join