It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks rival goes live as editors turn on Assange

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

WikiLeaks rival goes live as editors turn on Assange

w ww.theage.com.au

The breakaway leaking site formed by several WikiLeaks defectors has gone live early, ironically after the design of the site was leaked.

OpenLeaks, created by WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange's former right-hand man, Daniel Domscheit-Berg, promises to be a more democratic organisation than WikiLeaks and plans to work with other organisations, including media, to release documents publicly, as opposed to publishing them itself.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Fairly self explanatory; it's a shame they had to go live before they had anything to share.

"Domschelt-Berg instead resigned and began working on OpenLeaks. He is writing a tell-all book on his three years at WikiLeaks, titled Inside WikiLeaks: My Time at the World's Most Dangerous Website.

Australian journalist Andrew Fowler is also writing a book on Mr Assange, a biography dubbed The Most Dangerous Man in the World. It is due for release later this year and the movie rights have already been snapped up."

A movie? Are they serious? They don't trust the commercial juggernaut to tell the stories of the world but they'll happily sign their own stories over for a quick buck??

w ww.theage.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Could this have anything to do with Julian possibly being hired by the CIA to start Wikileaks as some sort of scandal? I knew something wasn't right. Maybe OpenLeaks will be better.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

Why the readyness to believe that openleaks = good and true and wikileaks = bad and evil?

Open leaks to me could very well be just another mis-information agent.

Seems suspect that the media resist reprorting on what was released but is clamouring for dirt on wikileaks figurehead.

It is also suspect that they have labeled Julian the most dangerous man in the world but said nothing before the leaks. Looks more like government propaganda and views than an organisation for truth and freedom.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
yeah, somebody posted a thread criticizing assange re a book, as if it wasn't wikileaks prerogative to seek creative/alternative means of funding when their accounts were frozen by TPTB

but it seems these open leaks folk main beef is that wikileaks didn't pay them enough.
i mean anybody who still talks about 'working within the system' is a moron or in the systems pocket.

the MSM fell into wikileaks trap and have been caught editing/censoring the leaks they have been printing.
so their backing openleaks smells fishy[with corexit sauce].

wonder how long we'll have to wait for openleaks 1st leak?

top topics

join