It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian police surrender major Cairo square (Extra)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Egyptian police surrender major Cairo square (Extra)

www.monstersandcrit ics.com

Cairo - Egyptian police have given up efforts to hold Tahir Square, the centre of many of this week's anti-government demonstrations, in the face of ongoing protests.

A witness told the German Press Agency dpa that police deserted the square, leaving it to the thousands of demonstrators who had been pressing into the square all day.

It was unclear if the police had moved back in preparation for army forces to move in, due to the fact that President Hosny Mubarak has ordered a military curfew in Cairo and other major Egyptian cities.

Mubarak has asked the military to coordinate with
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
If this is true this is huge.. the police surrendered? Or are they just awaiting the army?

this is going to be the end of the current Egypt Govt.

they are sick of the west run Govt.

I wonder if the US is going to support them taking drastic measures against the protesters?

This could all be a ruse! They could be stepping down to make this look much more severe, so they can justify a full blown military stop to this.

If you want to listen live, go here.

www.presstv.ir...

edit on 1/28/2011 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
looks like the makings of another Tienanmen square. not good.

I hope the army doesn't take these curfew orders seriously or with lethal force. sadly they most likely will.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

What are the chances of these revolutions spreading to Russia and China? Just curious if anyone else sees this catching on world wide.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
stars and a flag for this as like you said, this is huge. lets hope this can be sorted out in a peaceful way with the egyptian president running off to some other nation whithout taking all the money in the way batista took billions from cuba. but that would be the nice thing to do and tyrannical heads of state rarely do the nice thing.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
You can watch it here too: Aljazeera Live

Crazy. Times are a changin'.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Most working for the police have wives, kids, sisters, brother, moms and dads, their relatives are protesting. A huge majority of Egypt deeply hates Mubarak and its pro-Zionist stance, and his US-puppet Characteristics. The people of Egypt wants him out, wants him to go and live with his puppet masters in US.

Don't forget, the Army and the Police are civilians with Uniforms. Without those Uniforms they are no different than me and you.

The elite have tried to make us forget that, tried to make us forget that a soldier is also a son, a brother, a sister, a daughter, a wife, a husband etc. The government do not own them.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS

The Egyptian Army has been given the authority to open fire.. Protesters are starting to climb up on the tanks!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

they need to take a lesson from history and learn use guerilla tactics, read "che's" book, read up on the russian revolution and they can succeed if they get out of that bloody square.

i hope that the army are using some kind of rubber bullets and fire hoses as that is just despicable if they are actually using live rounds.

one idea would be to all climb on the pyramids in protest as you can be sure that the army would not open fire on those buildings.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
So why don't the rioters ever wield shields, helmets, and some sort of club or staff?
You can't seriously take on a police line with just rocks when they have helmets and shields.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CAPT PROTON

these things normally start as protests and not riots, a good idea would be to research where any major protest is going to take place and set up a helmet and shield store there, you could make a killing

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

I was watching this on CNN international channel and they had hillary clinton speaking talking about the government there needed to take control of the people and work with the population there to calm the situation down and restore a Democratic government this is a joke im tired of hearing this people need to understand that a country shouldnt be ran by a two party system that openly talks down to one another but behind the curtains secretly works together to pass certain bills that help no one but them and there agenda. They leave no room for any kind of independent party or person to run effectively in any election because they simply control the media to not give these individuals the time of day to be seen or heard cmon now when will people realize that its not going to work very much longer then we will look just like Egypt on tv today.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Godhood

I hear you and agree with your point, I was getting into an argument with someone because I was criticizing Hillary and the administration and was told the topic was about CNN so rather than get into a p***ing match I just didn't bother responding, I get tired of arguing on here.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Here is what the people need! A quote from Al Arabiya News Channel.

"A number of police members removed their suits and joined protests against the regime, according to Al Arabiya."

Source: www.alarabiya.net...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CAPT PROTON

you know thats a good question....obviously they aren't going to have riot gear or anything but if it is going to be this violent why not bring some protection from home

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

lmao yea but you gotta make sure they don't just come in and take everything

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It's a trap. They want them all in the square so they can do something bad to them. But I hope I am wrong.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a lot of new stuff released on wiki leaks regarding egypt today, here is a link if anyones interested.

wikileaks.ch...

new topics

top topics

join