It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ontario Lodges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
As anyone who looks at my name knows ..I am Canadian.
Honestly I always thought of Masons as an American thing.
But here is a list of lodges in Ontario and the days they meet.

This is just information... I am on the fence about their microsociety

Lodges and Dates

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Masons are all over the world. There is quite a bit of activity in Mexico as well.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

I have visited St. Mark's Lodge in Ontario. Great guys there, very welcoming.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Here's something funny for you... last year I got a traffic ticket for speeding and the court was in Campbellford. Well, guess where court hearing takes place eh? The Masonic Temple on Front Street, I sh*t you not! I mean seriously, they could have set up in a real court in Cobourg. So is this some kind of insidious infiltration of our not-so-legal legal system? Or is it simply, the Masons had the biggest nicest place in town? I haven't been to Campbellford much but I am sure there are other places you can have a meeting in and in the Masonic Temple, there were actually more prosecutors, police, judges and clerks than there were people charged, they only needed a place that was maybe 400 sq ft tops, not 2000 to 3000 sq feet with 30 rows of 25 empty chairs. Sick or just plain stupid? I'm not sure.

Campbellford from what I have seen and heard is a pretty screwed up town anyway. I had a friend that lived their and he told me everything was backhanded and it was a cliquey evil little place. Hmmm, not much different from city of Toronto offices...LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
Honestly I always thought of Masons as an American thing.

You do realise that Sir John A. was a Mason, right? And that myopic SOB Diefenbaker? (I promise I won't derail this into a rant about the Arrow
). Niagara Lodge down in Niagara on the Lake is certainly worth a look. They're usually open during Doors Open and their charter dates back to 1793. They were a lodge before there was a Grand Lodge of Canada.

In any case, Masonry is worldwide.

new topics

top topics

join