It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction to Deadly Nuclear Radiation Hazards USA Database

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Here's a real eye opener for you science buffs and anyone else who may be interested. Located with a simple search on google. Surprised the heck out of me....... Go the link at the bottom of this page, and then click on "database" to see how your state measures up. It's sometimes amazing what you can find these days on the net.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION TO DEADLY NUCLEAR RADIATION HAZARDS USA DATABASE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Welcome to the Deadly Radiation Hazards USA Database. This database is a tool intended to be used in conjunction with the fourth edition of the map Deadly Nuclear Radiation Hazards USA. The authors have taken care to make this booklet "user-friendly," but recommend that you read the introduction before starting.

This database is the end result of thousands of hours of research, analysis, and data input. Scores of federal and state documents were carefully combed through to obtain what we believe is the most complete list of significant nuclear facilities ever compiled. The database includes

All nuclear reactors (power, research, and DOE ) active, shutdown, and under construction, including nuclear powered ships
All NRC and Agreement States "Broad" Licensees
All contaminated sites currently identified by the DOE, NRC and EPA
All licensees for significant quantities of critical mass material
All licensees for storage, transportation, and disposal of radioactive material including nuclear laundries, and incinerators
All known dumpsites including underwater
All off-site nuclear weapons tests
All former uranium mines, mills,and processing facilities
All major ports of entry
All known nuclear weapons deployments
All known nuclear weapon production complex facilities.
All known sites of Depleted Uranium Contamination.
All irradiators greater than 10,008 curies "

Source: www.prop1.org...

edit on 28-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 29/1/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

I commend you! Stars & Flags!! Knowledge is power. Power is the ability to give knowledge.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

It makes me wonder if the reason they are compiling this data is to deal with the threats of contamination in a major event like an earthquake. It'll be interesting to see if the FEMA drills contain any protocols for protection and recovery of radioactive agents. I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of their main concerns, seeing how they most likely could care less about us.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
That has the same feel to it as a manifest that goes along with a hazardous shipment on a truck, boat, or plane. Just what you would expect if such shipment happened to get involved in an accident. They make all shipping companies keep list of what is in large shipments of hazardous goods. Plus the sign labeling on the truck that goes along with it.

This is just the government keeping a crude manifest like they require all shipping companies to do.

I call it a “crude manifest” because that level of detail wouldn’t be acceptable for a hazardous shipment manifest. They don’t detail the exact types of radioactive materials that may be found.

So, I don’t think there is anything unique with it. To me, it is the faintest glimmer of competence that the government requires from the privet sector on a day to day basis.

It should have been compiled a long time ago.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Thanks for your reply. I think that this paragraph below explains the reason the list may never been
compiled in such detail before: (from the source in my OP)

"Deadly Radiation Hazards USA was compiled largely from U.S. government sources. During the research it became apparent that information about nuclear technology is often fragmented and incomplete. For example, when approached for a comprehensive list of nuclear licensees, the NRC denied the existence of a list of Agreement States licensees. Thus it became necessary to contact each state separately, a cumbersome process which took nearly one year and hundreds of phone calls, letters and faxes to complete. When New York state was asked for a list of nuclear licensees by category, they denied key records by category, and responded with a list of uncategorized mailing labels. Months of appeals through the Freedom of Information Act were futile. Fortunately, Leone Hays, an activist in the La Jolla, California area, alerted other authors to a list of nuclear waste producers, developed by the New York Energy Department, which was then used to derive the significant New York nuclear facilities. Provided at the end of the booklet is a partial bibliography of the major sources used to compile the database. "

edit on 28-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

many thanks for the info. giving it a quick glance i am taken back by some of the info. i am sure many of these locations will have unusual sightings logged around them over the years. dare i say the majority of sightings involving unidentified aerial phenomenon may well stem from the contents held at these locations.

regards f

new topics

top topics

join