It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornado in the Drink - Crew Eject

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Tornado in the Drink - Crew Eject

www.bbc.co.uk

A Tornado jet has crashed off the west coast of Scotland.

The two crew members from RAF Lossiemouth are believed to have ejected from the jet before it went into the sea.

Coastguard and lifeboat teams said they were alerted at about 1445 GMT and launched to the scene off Rubh Re, near Gairloch, on the Scottish mainland.

The two air crew have been airlifted by helicopter to Raigmore hospital in Inverness. Their condition is unknown.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Tornado GR4 jets are stationed at RAF Lossiemouth on the Moray coast, These crews are some of the Best crews in the world, they have managed to punch out and have been lifted by SAR but there condition is still unknown,

Hope you safe lads, get back to doing your best and scaring the hell out of me when out in the glens

Wee Mad

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It's good to know that they were able to eject. I'd say if they weren't going too fast then they shouldn't be that bad off, maybe the shock from the ejection and a little hypothermia. If you get buzzed by these guys you should definitely shoot some video if you can, it would be some pretty cool footage.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

im sure they do it on purpose, these guys tank so low and fast that all you hear is the RB199, a flash of the aircraft then its gone,

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b1718abb5923.jpg[/atsimg]

Wee Mad

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

That would definitely be a sight to see. I figured they would give y'all a little heads up so you had a time frame on when they would fly by. I got to see this a lot

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
My Dad is ex-RAF and we were at Lossiemouth in the 1970's... used to LOVE to watch and hear the jets flying low and fast around the valleys and across the Lochs

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
it's happened again today 10/02/2011.

A Tornado crew have been forced to eject from their aircraft during an incident at an RAF base.

They said it was at 5 pm. But in actual fact it was at around 3 pm. I heard the blast of the aircraft exploding on the runway. I'm near Huntly so not far away from lossiemouth.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

Good thing the crew ejected on time. I see and hear the aircraft flying nearly everyday in the valley where I live....

Kinda makes you wonder. 2 crashes within a month? And the government is trying to close the base down? hmmm..... Can I say it? Sabotage?

Maybe, maybe not but the stench of Conspiracy it has.

Or it could be just a coincidence!!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

Yes, it seems a little odd.

I can see these being next on the scrappage list, then, because they arent flying from Lossiemouth itll be ammunition in the closure of it. Im seriously starting to wonder whats becoming of our means of defence and how it will end up.

top topics

join