It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightning and fire: Japan on alert after volcano's biggest eruption in 50 years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by Screwed

UM is it just me or is it really weird that lightening struck the middle of the volcano....

what are the chances of that happening like a billion to one?

Even less chance on a clear, star filled night..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Lightning in Volcanoes is normal.Eruptions going off every other day is not.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz

Really? How is the lighning formed/

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
OMG people this is just normal! It says it's the worst in 50 years not 200.000 was the world also ending 50 years ago?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I dont know ,Wait for the volcanologists to turn up or read this www.weather.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Awesome pics I actually set it up as my wallpaper the one with the lightning strikes anyways I think that the lightning actually comes from the earth up to meet the charge in the air could that molten rock be creating a magnetic charge then discharging Ive been out of college for a long time now so Im not as good as i once was cool find

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This site has some great pics and a brief explanation of lightning in eruptions.

www.universetoday.com...

If you google "Chaitan eruptions, lightning", I think BBC has a good gallery, too.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Colombian,Indonesiaan, Vasuvius, Mt st helens, merapi, karacketoas baby, all getting more twitchy these days, plus yellowstones drama is unfloding in slow motion too.
How slow we ahve to wait and see.....
There has to be some better odds of the combination of catastrophes weve experienced,are connected .
I believe that these connections may be subltle linkages, which are electromagnetic, gravitic, in nature,
The whole energy shell of the solar system, its totality of all radiations, and harmonic balance of forces,
Is acting much like an atom which id being squeezed into a denser state.
The balance of opposing forces, causes friction,increaded electrical activity(ie the lightning)and distortions of our field of gravity of a fluctuating, and local nature.
The activity is caused by a stellar mass or at least planetary, which is not following its exact course,
or perhaps a rise in the background energy level, due to several possible causes such as high energy clouds of ions through which we are moving.
The electrical relationships of the solar system, have not been fully charted, but, there could be extra power being generated or recieved from the bjirkland currents which traverse sspace to connect the plantes to the sun electrical;ly.
Our solar Voltage may have gone up a notch or two.....for reasona of a unknown nature as yet.
Edgar cayce prophecied that where japan was, he saw only bodies....flaoting on an empty sea......

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Go find yourself some Japanese folks and personally ask them what they think. I suspect they will not be alarmed at this development.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Has anyone done an overlay mapping of the areas where the animal die-offs have occurred to see of they are happening near earthquake or vocano areas? Since we have so many vocanos waking up and we know that vocanos and earthquakes happen in relation to magma movment, could the earth be belching out the poison gasses that come from magma/lava, killing the animals?
edit on 27-1-2011 by liveyourlife because: to correct my crappy typing

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Reading the Daily Mail comments and they're using this to promote their 'man doesn't effect the planet' campaign. Sickening. All round lunatics.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by liveyourlife

....havent done an overlay but that is a good idea....I live in Arkansas, not quite were the bird or fish kills took place but if you go to recent earthquake history in the state of Arkansas, the area of a town named Guy has seen hundreds of small earthquakes in the last several weeks....not saying this has anything to do with the bird kill but just a thought....hmmmm

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Build up and release of a static charge. Lots of fine particles moving around in a volcanic eruption.

It's very common. Check google images.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I've seen a few photo's of lightning at erupting volcano's, and every time it leaves me speechless. Its just humbling to know Mother Nature still can amaze us after thousands of years

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Hey there
your mentioning of the electric model universe brings this little experiment of mine to mind. I've been looking at the wave forms of frequencies lately and how they change from hertz to hertz. In a musical sense, how they change from A to B to C, etc. There are strong meeting points between certain frequencies, certain relationships of greater or lesser influence. I've only analyzed from G# to A# in the audible range, around 110 hertz(it's a long, slow process). The only reason we hear the sounds we do is,basicaly, because of the speed of the sound. The 'sounds' in space are MUCH slower, so the music, if i could put it that way, that they play together varies slowly in peaks and valleys of harmony and in-harmony. I'm sorry to ramble like this, but it does make me wonder about any effects these cycles of low frequency vibrations could have on the earth and it's own natural cycles. Meh:p just my thoughts... Tear away.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir

You need to get on to Puterman in the Quake Watch 2011 or Volcano Watch 2011 threads. He records tremors and speeds them up so we can hear them. He's also into the electric universe theory.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The photo is from the article in the opening post, there is also another one.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/657b77a18f3d.jpg[/atsimg]

www.dailymail.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join