It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Charge To The Fraternity by Benjamin Franklin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Post your criticism if you must, but I encourage everyone to take a few minutes and listen to the truth about a FreeMason

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I actually enjoyed it. I am debating on joining a local lodge here in Pittsburgh... I have the form, just need to submit.

I will be accepted (Was told already). And no, I am not an elite banker/politician/devil worshiper

edit on 27-1-2011 by Pittsburgh because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SirKnightE

Yes, I have a bone to pick with you about this video !!!
How come you found it and I did not.

Actually, I think that was better than my EA Lecuture all that time ago.

Good find. S&F oh and a star and flag Brother.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

"Freemasonry is the very measure of a man."

Is this a joke, or did Benjamin Franklin really say this?

The way he says "friendship" sounds like they recorded it from a Mortal Kombat machine.

"To do good is the best way to glorify God."

This is theology, although it's not Christian theology.

This video says that religion exists to provide a "moral compass," which is not true.

I like the background music. Lindsay Lohan couldn't have picked a better soundtrack.

"Know thy self" and "the road to the city" come from ancient Rome.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

The way he says "friendship" sounds like they recorded it from a Mortal Kombat machine.

Yes, the early United States was much more advanced than we give it credit for.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
A fantastic find, Brother!

I am going to use parts of it in the toast to my candidate who is to be initiated next week!

Starred and flagged.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

Yes, the early United States was much more advanced than we give it credit for.

Back then a proper gentleman knew Johnny Cage's finishing moves by heart.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Great video!!

Why do you consider that a joke? He gave a great description of Freemasonry and its goals to better men.

The Bible does say we will be judged by our works. How is doing good not cohesive to Christian teachings? Does not Christ say to be charitable and love one another?

Morality is based off of religion.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I put this video up in a thread a couple of weeks ago. It is very informative for non-Masons.

Here are my thoughts and excerpts that I found most interesting.

Originally posted by getreadyalready
This Video was distributed from the Grand Master of Florida through his District Deputy Grand Masters.

This is a Charge to Freemasons, and it tells the "true secret" of Masonry. Here are a few key excerpts.

A Charge To The Fraternity by Benjamin Franklin, starring Richard Easton Grand Lodge Ancient Free and Accepted Masons of Portugal

It’s been said that human happiness comes from the smallest of improvements so that he who can affect positive change even by a simple kindness adds wealth to the common stock of humanity.

We use tools of measurement because Freemasonry believes a man’s greatness can be measured. Not by his wealth or fame, but by his deeds, his character, his truth, his tolerance, his charity, his trust, his friendship, his love for his fellow creatures.

Now…as to the great secret of Freemasonry, it is actually found in the unconscious of each person. It is discovered by each individual for himself. Mason or not; as he comes to know himself, and finds the road that takes him to his city. Because the real secret of Freemasonry is finding out who you are.

I thought the Masons would enjoy this piece, the non-Masons would find it educational, and the anti-Masons would read some interesting things into it that I hadn't thought of yet. Therefore it seemed threadworthy and interesting.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
A very nice clip there.

What a great American Ben Franklin was. He devoted his life to the betterment of mankind, not just the American people. [ ...and he was a good Jacobite too. Not just for American political purposes either, he knew more than anyone just how much the Georgians wanted to vandalise and degrade Masonry].

I wish Australia had a founding father like Ben Franklin.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
WHAT, WAIT!

You mean that's it? No super secret take over the world meetings? No shadow government, bank controlling exploits?

Can it really be just a great bunch of guys trying to make the world a better place one day at a time?

Noooooo, way too boring.

Love the video, we're going to show it in lodge to the older computer challenged Brethren. They'll love it too.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I thought the short film was very educational to those who don't know anything about the freemasons (i.e. I'm not a mason). I tried to research them a while back to see what they were about but I found nothing but anti-mason rhetoric which kind of disturbed me more than anything else. I figured from my findings that masonry was most likely some sort of good looking to advance mankind which the churches disdain for it that I found affirmed.

My interpretation of the video is if the person in it isn't a REALLY REALLY good actor that they truly believe what they were saying. Everything he was saying was great and seemed genuine. Where do I sign up?

The only problem is that I'm agnostic and have no belief system whatsoever so......

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HellstormRising

The answer is: wait until you find God. Or God finds you...

new topics

top topics

join