It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Forces, protesters clash in Gabon'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

'Forces, protesters clash in Gabon'

www.presstv.ir

Gabon security forces have fired tear gas and arrested dozens of supporters of opposition leader Andre Mba Obame at a protest in the capital Libreville.

"There was tear gas fired. There have been people injured and about 30 arrests," Michel Ongoundou, appointed defense minister in the "government" that Obame controversially declared on Tuesday, said about clashes that erupted on Thursday, AFP reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1/27/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
On the main link to PressTV for this article it says Obame was inspired by the events in Tunisia and Ivory Coast. Okay so this means another nation has come under the influence of the Tunisian Revolution, it is spreading throughout Africa and the Middle East. Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Jordan, Lebanon, now Gabon. This is pretty serious!

www.presstv.ir

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Crazy stuff.

Looks like the world is on fire right now, especially the more despotic governments.

Hopefully this will keep spreading.

I will be honest.

I would love to see every government on Earth get replaced.

But thats just me. I can't stand corruption, fraud, theft, or murder.

I know that replacing these governments won't exactly fix anything.

But in the meantime, it's nice to see the criminals get scared and scramble to the nearest jet for a hasty escape.

Well worth the trouble.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
UPDATE

www.presstv.ir...

"We are no less brave than the Ivorians... We are no less brave than the Tunisians. History is on the march, let's go!," declared the former minister, naming key posts in what he called Gabon's legitimate government.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Damn. Hope it keeps going!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b992c3e266af.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 27-1-2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Well this seems to marry into what is happening all over the world...

I will throw this out there, I have personally felt, and put forward that notion that before these type of events rip through the main nations of the world (Europe, USA, China, Russia etc) that it is preferable for the elite those nations to go to war with each other to distract their populations from their woes..

Which is the worse fate for the elite? go to war against an external enemy or the treatment they'll get at the hands of their own very peed off populations?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

On the main link to PressTV for this article it says Obame was inspired by the events in Tunisia and Ivory Coast. Okay so this means another nation has come under the influence of the Tunisian Revolution, it is spreading throughout Africa and the Middle East. Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Jordan, Lebanon, now Gabon. This is pretty serious!

www.presstv.ir

Have you ever noticed in every of those so called Riots or upraise are only Man? In Islam Women are forbidden to go and protest like the man do.

I am sure you might have noticed it by watching news clips of the riots, in Islam Women don't have freedom like the men the do.

I am just pointing this out.

edit on 27-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

not so sure about that the media was having running interviews with women protesters during yesterday protests in Egypt..

To be honest, the Egyptian ladies I know are pretty feisty and usually the ones ordering the men around

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Pay attention, please. Your personal crusade against people who pray differently from yourself needs to be checked at the door.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
While all of this civil unrest may initially look good on paper, it also opens the doors to the radical elements that are thoroughly entrenched in this part of the world. They see an opportunity, they contribute to the unrest, and subsequently strike to take power if the opportunity presents itself. The wishes for civility and democracy are then flown out the window.

The last thing this region needs is another Somalia or Sudan.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Crazy stuff.

Looks like the world is on fire right now, especially the more despotic governments.

Hopefully this will keep spreading.

I will be honest.

I would love to see every government on Earth get replaced.

But thats just me. I can't stand corruption, fraud, theft, or murder.

I know that replacing these governments won't exactly fix anything.

But in the meantime, it's nice to see the criminals get scared and scramble to the nearest jet for a hasty escape.

Well worth the trouble.

Unless people learn to comprimise and GIVE BACK to the community you will see this more often. Violence is never the key. It only legitimizes a authoritarian central bureacracy.

The private interests have compremised too little and forced the serfs to compremise too much. The public/cattle are calling the elites/rancher's bluff.

That will never happen THOUGH VIOLENCE here because the elites here are greedy insane ruthless psychopaths and will slaughter thousands to scare people back into line. Imprison millions and "euthenize" millions. Violent protests will only legitimize the state and a authoritarian police state. Look what they are trying to do to the gun laws.

Thats why violence will not work. All wars are not about might or guns its about our minds and ideals. They want to win the war of your mind. That war they cannot win.

Stop buying thier products,stop voting for thier puppet managers/leaders,vote only on things that benefit the public DIRECTLY. Vote out all senators,representatives that accept money from private interests or in a private interest ran organization. No moles,no infiltrators,no company men/women.

Vote to ban ALL unconstitutional legislation. Like the The (Patriot) Soviet act(s).

Never vote for anyone not a libertarian.EVER. (they can still buy them off but at least most libertarian policies will be in place).

We have to stop giving them the power to screw us with.

top topics

join