It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If: We are what we speak?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Yet another "What If"...

We know that vibrations exist all around us. We experiance these vibrations on earth as sound, mostly. We rely on the ability to hear sound to warn us of danger, to communicate, to express, to warn others of danger, etc. Animals also have these capabilities. What sets us apart is that we have the ability to reason with a complex vocabulary of words. Though, not unlike the sounds animals use to communicate, our form of language details what we know around us more vividly. Perhaps this is what alowed humans to be as we are. We've spoken our way to civilization, science, technology and what we would consider, a higher way of life and existance.

We know that vibrations, be it words, a building falling, atoms moving back and forth rapidly, has an effect on everything around it. As everything around us is made up of something that vibrates, we can say that we have a form of sound around us, an infinate amount. All energy must certainly have a vibration, correct? We live in a universal sea of sound. Yet, the vacume of space seems to take away the sound aspect of vibration, but the vibration is still there. If you have an explosion in space, you would hear nothing, as there is no air to carry the vibrations to your ear, yet the explosion, the vibratory waves are still there.

Perhaps i'm going a little long on the basis of vibration, but there is a point to all of this.

What if we, by speaking, bring reality into existance, through our words. What if everything we speak, we bring before us. It is said that if you tell yourself something over and over, if you believe you can do something, you will be able to do it. A self fulfilling prophecy if you will. It is even said that meditation can change the very core of your body over a very short period of time. In a sense, we unknowingly control our existance by what we believe and what we tell ourselves.

Does a hopeless person every find hope? Does a lazy person ever get rich? What do these people tell themselves? What do they say when no one is around them to hear? What do they say when we are? We all know diffrent types of personalities around us. We all tend to say what we feel at one time or another. I have found that motivated people seem to get anything they want, done. Their words are as motivated as their actions. If this is true, it is those that do not speak that lack most. Those that speak possitive, may just get the edge, where as those that always speak negatively seem to never find the light of day.

So what if the very words that come from our lips brings us some kind of reality? As though we bring things into existance by the things we say. If we're not careful, we could be our own worst fears. We tend to look at the world through our own eyes, and forget that those around us are a diffrent reality of the very same person. Doing wordly or physicle harm to that person is one doing it to you. One's reality is all that they hear, see and come to know. Not only does one control their own reality, but we can knowingly and unknowingly control the reality of those around us.

What if we believed 100% the very next word that comes out of our mouth, would it become reality or is it just baseless sound in the infinate void of space? If it were possible, then doubt would be our only downfall.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I believe thoughts are energy. You have to be careful about putting too much negativity out there. It is really hard to do on a daily basis though, think about your thoughts even while driving a car, I know I think some thoughts about other people's driving skills.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Good post, I guess to some extent I do believe this to be the case. Don't the Aborigines of Australia clame that the first among them sang the world into existence during the dream time? I believe there are similar concepts expressed in some hindu spiritual texts too.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Where throughts go energy flows. Be careful what you say.......because it DOES manifast into reality. Great POST!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It would/can be tricky when you try and place location on what you speak. Good points though to keep in mind.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Reminds me of John Ch.1-V.1....In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Also Exodus ch.3-v.14....and God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM......

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If we speak what we think, then yes, we are what we speak.

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make the world."

-Gautama Buddha

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Star and flag for your post, theRhenn, my thoughts also. We the Human Race are the Creators here, and it is time we all just accepted that. Trouble is, some are not ready yet, some deny ascension entirely, and some are fighting to keep us here in the 3rd dimension. One must sum up their energy and be strong. The Spirit within us all is a most powerful thing, it alone contains enough energy to power a city. All of us together is a force to be reckoned with. I will be watching your posts, and I have friended you.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

So "what" creates our reality when we are, say, an infant? We don't know anything. . so what shapes the world around us after being born? If your theory is true, I should be living in the great land of OZ with plentiful star wars figurines, and the ability to fly.

Not a dis on your theory at all. . just interested in your take on it.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

"To have anything done, we simply say to it, "Be," and it is."
Al-Qur'an
Surah 16
Ayah 40

Words are creative energy. What we think and what we say, we bring forth.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
There is a very old saying that relates to this:

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

To me, this is not just a 'what if?', it is a fact that can be very easily verified. Tomorrow watch your thoughts and if you notice anger, frustration, resentment, discontentment or even a simple dislike arise for someone else or something someone else does, then before you say or even think anything, immediately ask your 'self', "How can I fix or change what just has happened so that I am satisfied?"

When you figure out the answer to that question your anger will have already ceased and you will be well on your way to 'purifying' your 'destiny'. Stay faithful to this mindset for at least a few months and then observe how much your 'destiny' has changed. Do not suppress, inquire.

Or you can try the opposite for a few months, you can immediately act/re-act upon your anger (negative thoughts) and see how that changes your 'destiny'. Or you can bottle up your anger and release it later in the day on yourself, or even worse on someone else. I must warn you though, the latter two may put you in some sort of a box, be that a prison cell, a psyche ward, or a coffin.

Real talk.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:1

God is everything that is, was, and ever shall be.
In the beginning was the word.

om,

Sri Oracle

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

So "what" creates our reality when we are, say, an infant? We don't know anything. . so what shapes the world around us after being born? If your theory is true, I should be living in the great land of OZ with plentiful star wars figurines, and the ability to fly.

Not a dis on your theory at all. . just interested in your take on it.

I've thought about that before, though I didnt look too far into it. The delay has given me time to ponder it more.

As an infant, say a child at the very moment that his/her brain begins to take in all things around it, starting with the 5 senses and perhaps that 6th sense where a child knows it's mother. Touching, hearing, seeing - eventually. From that point on, the child is aware of everything around it. All that it knows outside of this is what it's parent shows, tells, teaches the child. I often wondered that, if you took a child from all outside influences, and show that child what you want it to perceive as reality, the child will believe it so. If you show it without difficulty, perhaps the child could bring it to be with his or her words. This is strictly a what if, as the title of the OP says.

By the time a child is grown to have imaginary friends and play in an imaginary world, they're only reflecting a mental hologram of what they have already come to know. They know by then what is real and what is made around them. What if it's possible that this child does not know boundaries or restrictions, thinking that pulling light from the tips of their fingers are a natural thing, but with a trigger.. a word.

I always kind of imagined life a bit more simplified, even though strange topics come to mind. I always seen life as a long path. It can be wide, narrow, whatever. It's a path. Every moment in your life you're presented with decisions. Your choices, your words and actions instantly reflect that moment you felt in that time, and it carries on. Mountains of emotions always win, be it good or bad. If one thinks about it, we can place our language or word (our will) in 3 catagories. Good, Bad and everything else that helps to present one or the other. Neutral words by themselves are meaningless and does not promote conversation or interest.

Anyways, i've said more than you asked for. Thought I would add a little more "thought" to the original concept of words.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM

Reminds me of John Ch.1-V.1....In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Also Exodus ch.3-v.14....and God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM......

think it also mentions something about men being gods themselves.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
What if we believed 100% the very next word that comes out of our mouth, would it become reality or is it just baseless sound in the infinate void of space? If it were possible, then doubt would be our only downfall.

That's exactly right.
I'm speaking from experience.

Try it out...thoughts ARE things...your mind is the builder and your life is the result.

top topics

join