It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect in police shooting was 'talking to an alien'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by budaruskie
I'm no doctor but from the available information psych drugs seem to be the ultimate culprit here. How many times does the same story have to be repeated before people realize that these drugs are particularly dangerous? It always goes something like this "he/she was normal...friends, family, neighbors, co-workers never expected them to do anything...STARTED TAKING ANTI-DEPRESSENTS ___ MONTHS AGO...snapped, killed several people and/or themselves unexpectedly for no apparent reason...people are stunned and don't know why this has happened".

So, how come I haven't snapped yet and done something similar, if antidepressants are that dangerous? Note that I am taking them as part of my therapy for some 20 years now. You know what is dangerous? It's advice like yours. I have seen it happen many times - both in myself and with fellow patients - you stop your medication, for whatever reason, and your mental health deteriorates significantly. You know the fact that he had to take antidepressants indicates that there was a problem already. In my experience, it's not the antidepressants that make you snap; it's usually a combination of many factors and one of them might be combining them with alcohol. Anyways, telling people to stop their medication is utterly irresponsible and you should be ashamed of yourself.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
now that hes stop't taking the drugs
he may get sane again.

Quite unlikely. It's more likely that he will get worse.

psychiatrists still have No idea what they are doing.

That's just plain silly. My shrink knows exactly what and why she is doing what she's doing and usually it helps a lot. I'd be dead by suicide if she didn't know what she was doing.

they just give every one the same drugs.
he was just suffering depression from a failed relationship.

Also, not true. They prescribe drugs according to the needs of each individual person. And it's not always the same one. If it was a simple depression due to the failed relationship, he would most probably harm himself and not others. Also, delusions (talking to an alien) are rare in depression; they are usually a sign of schizophrenia.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalterRatlos

Originally posted by budaruskie
I'm no doctor but from the available information psych drugs seem to be the ultimate culprit here. How many times does the same story have to be repeated before people realize that these drugs are particularly dangerous? It always goes something like this "he/she was normal...friends, family, neighbors, co-workers never expected them to do anything...STARTED TAKING ANTI-DEPRESSENTS ___ MONTHS AGO...snapped, killed several people and/or themselves unexpectedly for no apparent reason...people are stunned and don't know why this has happened".

So, how come I haven't snapped yet and done something similar, if antidepressants are that dangerous? Note that I am taking them as part of my therapy for some 20 years now. You know what is dangerous? It's advice like yours. I have seen it happen many times - both in myself and with fellow patients - you stop your medication, for whatever reason, and your mental health deteriorates significantly. You know the fact that he had to take antidepressants indicates that there was a problem already. In my experience, it's not the antidepressants that make you snap; it's usually a combination of many factors and one of them might be combining them with alcohol. Anyways, telling people to stop their medication is utterly irresponsible and you should be ashamed of yourself.

It's obvious not everyone goes overboard after taking these kinds of 'medications'.

I've had two friends kill themselves 2 weeks after starting Welbutrin. Both of them didn't really need the drug, they were depressed from a particular instance and would have gotten over it with time--like the rest of us who go through THE EXACT SAME THING.

IMO, it's the abrupt onset of these effects (the first couple weeks) and the abrupt withdrawal from these drugs (stop taking them suddenly) that seems to cause the most problems, from what I've read and gathered from statements (including yours) that leads me to this conclusion.

Also, I didn't read--ANYWHERE, where he told people to stop their medication.

Did an alien tell you that?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tharsis
Also, I didn't read--ANYWHERE, where he told people to stop their medication.
Did an alien tell you that?

Cute, I'd be laughing, if it was not such a serious matter. True he/she did not say explicitly "Stop your medication, now!", but read the post again, because it implies just that.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WalterRatlos

See the problem with the psychology industry, is that pharma has their claws in it deep, and a lot of the headshrinkers have been duped into thinking that they can get away with writing a script for a magic pill, and make lots of money doing nothing. These "antidepressants" are given out like candy. These "sleep aids" are given out like candy. Those antidepressants are (supposedly) able to correct chemical imballances in the brain, personally I think it is total BS, that is my opinion though. Problem is, no one's brain seems to get scanned to see wether or not an imballance even exists. Put someone without an imballance on these pills, and it will create an imaballance. Situational depression.... Everyone gets it, you should not be put on the magic pills for it. It is a natural process. Sleeping aids can mess you up worse than you were before you started taken them, and boom you cannot sleep without them again. Customer for life, you know pharma loves that #.
edit on Thu, 27 Jan 2011 13:36:24 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Let's not get excited, but let's use reason.

All we have to do is compare the number of murderers who take medication to the number of murderers who don't take medication. I think the latter number would be far greater than the first.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

So, how come I haven't snapped yet and done something similar, if antidepressants are that dangerous? Note that I am taking them as part of my therapy for some 20 years now. You know what is dangerous? It's advice like yours. I have seen it happen many times - both in myself and with fellow patients - you stop your medication, for whatever reason, and your mental health deteriorates significantly.

Get off the med's and you will see how things get for you. Look medication is not really the culprit, just one tool among many. But if you can overcome whatever your problem is without medication....you should, things are looking all OK now but that does not say much, for the long run. And I'm talking a lifetime and even generational effects that these drugs can do to you. There called drugs for a reason, most people cant quit smoking because they are addicted to it. So they wont do much better with complected drugs that mess with you brain chemistry. So yes med's help, but that is besides the point, the point is there drugs. And besides does anybody really know what these drugs will do in the long run anyways?

So point being there is definitely something going on with the drugs they push, and if you can avoid it you should. But if med's works for you then...well whatever works for you, is better then what does not work for you, just beware all drugs come with a price to them.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

In fact this whole aliens are talking to me and telling me stuff seems to happed even more often then usual. I remember you from SonofGod25 thread were he was saying something similar a couple of weeks back. Only the alien called himself, the man who calls himself GOD, according to the op of that thread.

Now it could just be the day and age, and the fact that aliens are popular now a days, that gets people to express the things they hear in there heads as aliens. Usually in the past it was demons, and you had a guy in black with a weird shaped stick. over you spouting things, and leaches were involved for some reason as well. But anyways.

Point being since you seem to know how fast and easy it is to step into the twilight zone of the mind, since you say you have had a glimpse of that, and even suicidal thoughts. Whats your opinion on this phenomenon. Do they all need to be on med's? Is it all just chemicals out of balance, or is there something more going on, in your opinion?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Your physician is takes her profession seriously and takes the time to read about things like whether combining one medication with another is compatible. Some physicians don't. They just proscribe what ever pill they are sold by drug companies for their cut of the profits and some don't even bother asking if you have more than one physician and if your taking other drugs that could cause terrible side effects if taken in conjunction with other prescriptions. I've seen it happen to the effect that it nearly killed my mother. It happens a lot more than hospitals and physicians ever tell us.

Zindo

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
An alien talking to him and a bag packed for Armageddon?

Sounds like a good number of people that are here at ATS...perhaps dude would be right at home here amongst the other.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
With China poisoning medication like Tylenol and Rolaids bound for America with metal/wood chunks.....if they started putting things in those medications to make americans even more paranoid than they already are of their Government....holy crap they could decimate this country.

Of course depression medication people are being prescribed already is causing people to kill themselves and go crazy.

Depressed people need Weed.

Weed has no bad health effects and no stoner is going to go crazy shooting people. Duuuuuude....I got the munchies bro.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join