It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesia's First Crop Circles Appear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Apparently this is the first crop circles ever reported out of the country.

Indonesia’s first crop circles have appeared -- and locals call it evidence of alien life.

Found in a rice field in a hamlet of Sleman, Yogyakarta, the crop circle consists of triangles and circles with a diameter of about 70 meters. While some observes say the shapes are manmade, local scientists and government officials are struggling for a concrete explanation, leaving UFO enthusiasts murmuring of extraterrestrials.

LINK

I know there is, of coarse, the possibility of a hoax, i just wanted some opinions.

There is a photo in the article and i've provided a pretty good youtube video.

edit on 25-1-2011 by amadeus30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by amadeus30

I did pretty much the same thing in my grandads field with a Ride-On roller, It freaked him out to no end.

And i still havent told him

edit on 25/1/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Until I see this one directly from the top, I cant tell. It looks okay on an angle. But when they take the closeup pictures, it doesnt look as neat as "the real crop circles". If we were able to get an aerial view of it we could measure the circles to see if they are in fact perfect circles, as the real crop circles have

This one looks a little fishy

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
*facepalm* over the X-Files music lol

Anyway, is there any other data on the circle? I'm no expert by any means, but I remember reading somewhere that "real" unexplained crop circles are formed in such a way so that the grain is flattened so that it doesn't actually kill the plant, and shows signs of apical node elongation.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Show me a crop circle without any tracks leading to it or harvesting/spraying lines and I'd be more convinced they are anything but hoaxes.

Anyone?....
edit on 25/1/2011 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Looks like its made by 10 yr olds, what a sloppy job they did. BTW there's a post about this already here in ATS

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

i agree on the music, it was the better of the videos as far as the views it provided.

I agree with the post above that a view from above would give a better indication of the dimensions.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ruffagii

could you provide a link? I used the search function and it turned up no results.

Mods: If this has already been posted, feel free to do your mod thing

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
peeps dont be so dismisive. some crop circles would be incredibly difficult to make. sometimes the stems are bent in a manor which is very difficult to explain using a board and some rope. The direction of the spin of the stem can change in the over in very short periods.
wait until more facts are available

kx
edit on 25-1-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

What i found interesting is what some of the locals reported.

"According to several residents, they saw a tornado on Saturday evening," said Ngadiran, one of six farmers who owns the land in Sleman. "On Sunday afternoon, we saw the footprint in our fields."

A tornado? One would think that more damage would've been reported. I just think it may have been more than a "tornado" if reports are accurate

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by amadeus30

Others noted the pattern’s unique symbology. “This particular crop circle is fascinating because of its striking resemblance to the muladhara chakra — one of the basic chakras in Tantric Hinduism,” Perdana told local news agency kompas.com.

www.ghosttheory.com...

would this be a birds eye image of it....?
www.frankperry.co.uk...

kx

edit on 25-1-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

The Muladhara is one of the seven Primary Chakras, and is associated with the element: Earth, representing the densest grade of manifestation. In the Kundalini-yoga system of Shaktism, the Muladhara Centre is described as having four petals, corresponding to the psychological states of greatest joy, natural pleasure, delight in controlling passions, and blissfulness in concentration. All these qualities correspond to the bliss of realising the Divine in the physical body. The highest and most complete forms of spirituality do not reject the body, but see it as the vehicle for the transmutation of the body and the spirit together.

www.kheper.net...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

interesting choice of symbols.

thanks for the info... i'm gonna do some digging on that and see what i can find.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join