It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rahm Emanuel Kicked off of the Chicago Ballot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Just saw the headline so the story is developing. The court ruled that he does not meet the residency requirement. Let's see if some chips get called in on this one.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I don't believe it. I wish and hope but.....

That would be one heck of a funny ending to this P.O.S.

of course, it won't be the end as those types of P.O.S's trend to float downstream and end up in another cesspool. Good find. Please keep this thread updated/posted.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
"The chickens! are coming home to roost!"
I wonder who said that?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I guess this speaks loudly of what I think of Chicago politics, I mean, who will all the dead folks vote for now?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Here it is

he Illinois Appellate Court ruled Monday that Rahm Emanuel is not a resident of Chicago and is therefore not qualified to run for mayor.

The appellate court reversed a lower court's decision on Monday. Emanuel is expected to appeal to the Illinois Supreme Court.

abclocal.go.com.../politics&id=7915809

Rahm will definitely move this case up the ladder where he has a better chance of winning

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
"The chickens! are coming home to roost!"
I wonder who said that?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I guess this speaks loudly of what I think of Chicago politics, I mean, who will all the dead folks vote for now?

Beezer you crack me up all the time

This is sure one turn of events I never saw coming! WOW!

Edit: Does the happy dance!
edit on 24-1-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: Dance

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This will be moved up to the next court.

But I want all of you who are happy about this to give your opinion on this. Here is the latest poll data, from a story about this case:

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

According to a recent Chicago Tribune/WGN survey, 44 percent of the city's voters backed Emanuel, 21 percent backed former Sen. Carol Moseley Braun and 16 percent backed former Chicago Board of Education president Gery Chico. City Clerk Miguel del Valle received seven percent and nine percent remained undecided.

Emanuel is far ahead of everyone else...obvious that he is the people of Chicago's choice.

So are you guys telling me that you would like to see the will of the people overturned by the courts???
edit on 24-1-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Chicago is a hub.

This is a good sign!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This would be great! I wonder if this decision will survive the onslaught.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Danke! -Obama bow-
I'm sorry, but I think this is amusing as heck! Glad you could see the humor also!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Are you telling me that a Chicago Tribune survey is an accurate assessment of the will of the people?

I''m quite sure every registered voter has not taken part in the survey.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlesUTP

Are you telling me that a Chicago Tribune survey is an accurate assessment of the will of the people?

You can dodge the question all you want...it just proves to me that all of you that are happy about this don't really embrace freedom and democratically elected officials.

You guys cheer as 2 judges overturn the will of an entire city...I wonder if you would be doing the same if this was a conservative who was being taken off the ballot.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by BlesUTP

You can dodge the question all you want...it just proves to me that all of you that are happy about this don't really embrace freedom and democratically elected officials.

You guys cheer as 2 judges overturn the will of an entire city...I wonder if you would be doing the same if this was a conservative who was being taken off the ballot.

Do you truly believe that Rahm Emanuel embraces freedom and democratically elected officials?

If you do, then there's not enough caffeine in your coffee my friend .

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What amazes me about Rahm is his ability to raise money for this campaign in Hollywood. This is a mayoral election and this just stumps me as to the amount that they are able to raise out of state from people who have no vested interest in who is the Mayor of a city in which they do not reside. He has already raised $10 million. Time for an overhaul of the entire process.

Mosely Braun had this to say about Rahm

"On this day when President Obama and Illinois Democrats are still recovering from the painful political debacle that he was the architect of, Rahm Emanuel is off in Hollywood hanging out with bankers and billionaires, But maybe Hollywood is whwere he belongs because the story of how he *helped* the Obama administration when he was chief of staff is indeed fiction. Rahm Emanuel cut and ran after pushing policies that lead to the biggest Democratic Party political loss in 27 years. He left the President holding the bag. If Rahm abandoned the President of the United States, what makes anybody think he'll stick by regular Chicagoans?"

Source: www.nbcchicago.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Do you truly believe that Rahm Emanuel embraces freedom and democratically elected officials?

If you do, then there's not enough caffeine in your coffee my friend

It doesn't matter what I believe or what Rahm embraces.

It matters that the people of Chicago want him to be the Mayor...and 2 judges are overturning that.

You guys keep dodging the initial question I am asking.

Do you support 2 judges overturning the will of the people???

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Posting FYI... I think it's always good to have the details of any poll, for transparency...

Not being familiar with the voting block of the windy city, I won't offer an opinion on whether this poll is a good representation of the potential voters for this contest..

chicagotribune.com

...The poll of 708 likely registered voters was conducted Saturday through Wednesday and has an error margin of 3.7 percentage points...

edit on Mon, 24 Jan 2011 12:51:43 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: clarity

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I dodged nothing.

Rahm isn't a resident, therefore he cannot be mayor. The same way that I couldn't be mayor of Memphis, TN no matter how bad the people wanted me, because I live in NY.

Simple, right ?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Not at all. We just want the justices to up-hold the law.

If the law is being "stretched" or manipulated then the courts are the way to handle it.

I ask you. If the appeals process doesn't work for him and the courts stick with this courts decision, will you (and the a like) accept that decision and embrace the spirit of the USA-a land of laws? (which the court is the last means of determination)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The law is the law. Even if this was Ron Paul, per se, I would have to side with the courts decision. If he does not meet all of the legal requirements then he cannot run regardless of public opinion.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
What amazes me about Rahm is his ability to raise money for this campaign in Hollywood. This is a mayoral election and this just stumps me as to the amount that they are able to raise out of state from people who have no vested interest in who is the Mayor of a city in which they do not reside. He has already raised $10 million.

Doesn't amaze me a bit. The Jews take care of each other and ONLY each other. I agree with you 100%, it is time for an overhaul.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by alienreality

If you do, then there's not enough caffeine in your coffee my friend

It doesn't matter what I believe or what Rahm embraces.

It matters that the people of Chicago want him to be the Mayor...and 2 judges are overturning that.

You guys keep dodging the initial question I am asking.

Okay, lets address that... The people of Chicago are then just showing they don't even care about election rules.. Perhaps they would just make him their king if they could?

Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your view, They put those little rules in there about who can run for elections and the criteria for a candidate's eligibility...

It is a good thing to have courts, so the will of the people can't include doing things that are contrary to the laws of the country/state etc..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join