It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunisian army vows to protect revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Tunisian army vows to protect revolution

www.presstv.ir

The head of Tunisia's armed forces Rachid Ammar has pledged to safeguard the country's historic revolution against any possible deviations.

Ammar made the pledge to a crowd of anti-government protesters in the capital Tunis on Monday.

"The national army is the guarantor of the revolution. The army has protected and protects the people and the country," Ammar said."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This comes just as the protesters are demanding that the current interim government quit and call for immediate election because those governing currently may have left Ali's party but they are still politicians who were his allies.

Now the military has taken the side of the revolutionaries, it appears to be that unless this is a lie then the revolution will succeed and shall not be reversed. However I would not hold my breathe just yet until new elections are held and the tyrants are deposed of.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
WooooW some good news
This is so heart warming ! I love revolutions and the support they get from grass root type frustration !

Take notes people will you be prepared when its time for you to join the revolution!!

Score one for the good guys !!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Good on them i say it will be worth it

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Man.......it would take all day, but can we please repost this headline and link to every thread on ATS about how it is pointless to fight the military?

This is exactly what many of us have been saying. In the cases of armed revolution, the army at first follows orders, but as the situation gets muddied up, the loyalties lie with friends, family, and communities, especially when right is on your side. We don't need to fear our own militaries, they are on our side! Right = might. As long as you are fighting the good fight, there is nothing to fear from the honest men and women in the military.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

First the Police, now the Military, great news.

I hope the Military takes the population's demands seriously and puts the allies of the dictator in house arrest until the old constitution is scrapped, a new constitution is accepted by the people, and an election is held. That is when Ali and all his cronies should be put on trial.

Hope the West doesn't interfere, especially France because we all know Tunisia was a French colony, they don't want to loose control, the French are epic control freak like the US.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Misoir,
Thank you for keeping us up to date on the Tunsia situation.
I have starred and flagged all of your posts, letting you know your effort is much appreciated.

reply to post by getreadyalready

It is reassuring to see this.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Misoir

Man.......it would take all day, but can we please repost this headline and link to every thread on ATS about how it is pointless to fight the military?

This is exactly what many of us have been saying. In the cases of armed revolution, the army at first follows orders, but as the situation gets muddied up, the loyalties lie with friends, family, and communities, especially when right is on your side. We don't need to fear our own militaries, they are on our side! Right = might. As long as you are fighting the good fight, there is nothing to fear from the honest men and women in the military.

You are right, if the states will not be played out against each other.

If i understand correctly, in the EU law there is a clause that other EU countries can sent troops into other EU countries

This is dangerous, because of the fast growing and the language barriers, its easier to control people with a foreign force.

So under the EU umbrella it would be a internal force, but if you send people who can not communicate, and tell them they fight evil, they are able to kill all "local" EU uprises.

I find those laws dangerous.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
thank you for some nice postive news....

kx

link   
thank you for some nice postive news....

kx

link   
All well and good on the military. NOW, most critically, is for civilian elections and freedom of speech to take place, without fear or favour from the military, or only puppets will rule.

Power may derive from the barrel of a gun, but logic and reason rules the hearts and minds of mankind.

I doubt the authoritarian power from the military will be able to hold the country together if their generals see it as a way to seize power, noble as it may seems. The road to hell is often paved with good intentions. By no means do I disparage against the military, but history and mistakes of civilisations must not be allowed to be repeated.
edit on 24-1-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
About the Tunisians,

In most cases, the Army top is as corrupt as the political and other government top officials.

So the Army joining them without a clean-up in the Army, could be a dangerous thing. Not only the corruption, but they are the ones with an infrastructure that could replace the old one.
Exchanging one regime with another (military) .

So the army should not interfere with the new political structure, just support the democracy.

top topics

join